XPO | Handheld Motor Moves

Maverick2009

TB Lurker
Credits
Why are people running around trying to get all these motor moves? It’s just to easy being number 1
1jO9ayp.jpg

This is nothing to brag about. This app, IMO causes employees to care more about speed and less about injuries, accidents, and damaged freight. What's more expensive in the long run, less motor moves/hour or the consequences of hurrying? If you ask Tony Brooks, he would tell you the former but then he's an ******* because he would rather stiff customers for damaged freight than actually pay a claim.

They are working out the beat way to 'gamify' dock work. Which just means they are figuring out how to convince you to work harder for the same amount of money by creating a false competition between you and your coworkers.

We will be just as bad off as Amazon workers pretty soon, urinating in bottles and not eating or drinking so we can 'keep up' with the algorithm.

Resist where you can. Malicious compliance, etc.

This is nothing to brag about. This app, IMO causes employees to care more about speed and less about injuries, accidents, and damaged freight. What's more expensive in the long run, less motor moves/hour or the consequences of hurrying? If you ask Tony Brooks, he would tell you the former but then he's an :censored: because he would rather stiff customers for damaged freight than actually pay a claim.
Yea I was just being funny! I agree with you 100%

They are working out the beat way to 'gamify' dock work. Which just means they are figuring out how to convince you to work harder for the same amount of money by creating a false competition between you and your coworkers.

We will be just as bad off as Amazon workers pretty soon, urinating in bottles and not eating or drinking so we can 'keep up' with the algorithm.

Resist where you can. Malicious compliance, etc.
I am so glad that I am away from there!!

Come to Dayton they have some of the hands down best training in the company. Some pick it up quicker than others but if you pay attention and try hard you’ll get it. I can confidently say that within two weeks tops you know how to show moving 30 plus skids and hour EVEN with being in the :shit:ter for 30 min, then the break room for 10 min, then the parking lot for 10 min. Yes that’s right folks you too will be the apple of your TMs eye and will defend you till blue in the face that you’ve got Some of the highest motor moves in the terminal.

If you can’t do 10.1 an hour, your in a coma.
Yeah I take ::shit:: to a door and the loader says dock it. Go grab another skid then loader says dock it. Retarded. Then scan a piece in 50 door says 328 door get down there and told dock it. That's how you get 3 mmr an hour :)

Yeah I take :::shit::: to a door and the loader says dock it. Go grab another skid then loader says dock it. Retarded. Then scan a piece in 50 door says 328 door get down there and told dock it. That's how you get 3 mmr an hour :)

I aim for zero. I ain't a dock hand. I will grab a dock hands scanner and do stuff. It helps them a bunch. And makes no difference to me. Don't know about you all. But we had a cold snap. And half of them up and quit. Then the damn management went and told the dock hands they were changing their schedules. Well, this is just extra money for them. It's part time and no benefits or OT after all. So the ones that got a new schedule have already said they ain't going to be showing up for it. Good times.

It's come to that point in time where we all have to calm down and lower our expectations. Mandatory failure is our prime directive from the brass up top. Be sure and fail as brilliantly as possible. Make them proud.

I aim for zero. I ain't a dock hand. I will grab a dock hands scanner and do stuff. It helps them a bunch. And makes no difference to me. Don't know about you all. But we had a cold snap. And half of them up and quit. Then the damn management went and told the dock hands they were changing their schedules. Well, this is just extra money for them. It's part time and no benefits or OT after all. So the ones that got a new schedule have already said they ain't going to be showing up for it. Good times.

It's come to that point in time where we all have to calm down and lower our expectations. Mandatory failure is our prime directive from the brass up top. Be sure and fail as brilliantly as possible. Make them proud.
Cold snap??? Please. Lmfao!

As it's been pointed out before : This is not sustainable.

If you've done LTL for awhile you know the strategy ( if there is one ) is broken. There is zero thought given to the circle of life. And the answer to everything is push down P&D start times And hire more dockworkers.

Be patient. This will come to a head. Customers will take their business to where they get the best service. Period.

This is nothing to brag about. This app, IMO causes employees to care more about speed and less about injuries, accidents, and damaged freight. What's more expensive in the long run, less motor moves/hour or the consequences of hurrying? If you ask Tony Brooks, he would tell you the former but then he's an :censored: because he would rather stiff customers for damaged freight than actually pay a claim.
My lawyer and me love this app. It will just make our case stronger when I file a lawsuit when one of these NASCAR forklift drivers runs into me. My lawyer says thank you

As it's been pointed out before : This is not sustainable.

If you've done LTL for awhile you know the strategy ( if there is one ) is broken. There is zero thought given to the circle of life. And the answer to everything is push down P&D start times And hire more dockworkers.

Be patient. This will come to a head. Customers will take their business to where they get the best service. Period.

We are losing customers. And the ones we got say we don't come by for days. And that they are shipping with other carriers because we won't come get our freight. Good times.

Oh. And don't forget. Let the FAC run until 07:00 with a 4 hour drive and sell everybody G12. pfft !!!

MANDATORY FAILURE

I got hit by one these drivers in September tear in my cartridge in my knee bulging disc in my back repeated headaches my lawyer also loves it

I'm sorry. I hope you get better. We had a FOS get blown up. Lucky he didn't get pinched between anything. So he just fell down. And with winter clothes. Just a really big bad bruise. But it could easily have been very much worse.