ODFL | Hang Out

Luckily one of us actually did have chains, all of us were stuck... We stuffed 'em up under the tires and got out. Did a meet in Boligee AL, back to ATL the long way (18 mile backup on I20 between Birmingham and the GA line) then off to Columbia SC... 3 minutes left on my 14 when I rolled in the gate. Just a touch close for comfort...

Same old for me last night, pulled mtys down, ran the spotter, pulled loads back, got crowded, had to be blinded by brights and fog lights, at this point, unless its a freight hauler or another foodservice guy, I'd just soon be around the cars as I would these OTR trucks, the 4 wheelers are doing a much better job. I saw a truck that had 4 fog lights, plus his headlights and then a white led light bar, I can't believe he ain't been shot yet, it was very obnoxious. I'm glad its the weekend, I need a break from these rookies.

Luckily one of us actually did have chains, all of us were stuck... We stuffed 'em up under the tires and got out. Did a meet in Boligee AL, back to ATL the long way (18 mile backup on I20 between Birmingham and the GA line) then off to Columbia SC... 3 minutes left on my 14 when I rolled in the gate. Just a touch close for comfort...

I also carry a bucket of salt on the back of the truck for such times. Just throw some under the tires wait a few mins and away we go. You can also make a "cheater" chain, which is about 2 a foot long chain with a carabineer on it and loop that around your tire ( don't go through the hole with the valve stem though) and that will usually help too.

I also carry a bucket of salt on the back of the truck for such times. Just throw some under the tires wait a few mins and away we go. You can also make a "cheater" chain, which is about 2 a foot long chain with a carabineer on it and loop that around your tire ( don't go through the hole with the valve stem though) and that will usually help too.

Those are definitely good ideas. It's a bit of a pain as I am not assigned to a truck, but a bucket of salt in the winter might not be a bad idea.

Those are definitely good ideas. It's a bit of a pain as I am not assigned to a truck, but a bucket of salt in the winter might not be a bad idea.

That would make it tough, but I would still carry those cheater chains, they are small and fit in a bag and in that situation usually that is all you need to get going. The only reason I have all that stuff is in the winter I chain, chain, chain, chain, chain, chain, chain and so I look for ways to get out of it sometimes because it gets old after a while.......

We had a Trail Liner driver lay it down in construction before Stroud OK on the turnpike, one of our guys sat there for 5 hrs, when I got done in the spotter he was still sitting so I went around it, I-40 to hwy 99, up through Prague and into Stroud, and onto the turnpike, it snowed from the time I left Norman to Kellyville, which is 15 min from my yard, I thought it was never gonna quit!

We all got around safe though, the guy that was stuck, we waited on him and helped him drop and hook so he could get going back to Norman.

Well,may we say freight to the wall's.Everyone must be busy,busy.No time to hang out except one sorry city driver who has nothing to do.Well,believe I will just hang out in my bed.:1sm364jumpbed:

Made it home. Yeah it's busy...and backed up because of weather. All kinds of freight going east-west up in STL and MFS was busy too. Authorized extra work for the dock hands there til further notice.

6 city guys ran line haul today, and some are running tomorrow as well, I get plenty enough m-f the weekend belongs to little mrs. and the kids, family time

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

6 city guys ran line haul today, and some are running tomorrow as well, I get plenty enough m-f the weekend belongs to little mrs. and the kids, family time

I second that freighthauler97, we have to give something to the family, after all we give our lives, or most of it to work!

I second that freighthauler97, we have to give something to the family, after all we give our lives, or most of it to work!

It sure does take a special women to put up with a truckers way of life, they sacrifice a lot as well, yes I'm home every night however being up and gone when the sun comes up and not back home until the sun has long been down is not easy on little mrs. and the kiddos but she has always supported me in whatever I have wanted to do and keeps the house in order when I'm gone, and that my friend takes a special lady so the weekends are all hers and the kiddos