ODFL | Hang Out

It sure does take a special women to put up with a truckers way of life, they sacrifice a lot as well, yes I'm home every night however being up and gone when the sun comes up and not back home until the sun has long been down is not easy on little mrs. and the kiddos but she has always supported me in whatever I have wanted to do and keeps the house in order when I'm gone, and that my friend takes a special lady so the weekends are all hers and the kiddos

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean, I never see my girls through the week, on the weekends I never hang out with friends unless it involves my wife, I almost never see her through the week, except to get into bed next to her sleeping, I get up around 1530-1600 and I don't see home again untill 0400-0630, I actually get as much or more time at home now as I did as a route driver, its just the times all our paths cross.

I feel really selfish if I have a hard week or have appointments set to where I loose sleep during the week, I usually make that sleep up on the short weekend, its not so bad when she is working, she works every other weekend, but when she is off I feel bad when I sleep alot, one thing about Dianna, she actually understands and never gets mad at me, out of 3 marriages she is the only one that don't chew me out and give me dirty looks over sleeping a little extra!

I know what you mean, I never see my girls through the week, on the weekends I never hang out with friends unless it involves my wife, I almost never see her through the week, except to get into bed next to her sleeping, I get up around 1530-1600 and I don't see home again untill 0400-0630, I actually get as much or more time at home now as I did as a route driver, its just the times all our paths cross.

I feel really selfish if I have a hard week or have appointments set to where I loose sleep during the week, I usually make that sleep up on the short weekend, its not so bad when she is working, she works every other weekend, but when she is off I feel bad when I sleep alot, one thing about Dianna, she actually understands and never gets mad at me, out of 3 marriages she is the only one that don't chew me out and give me dirty looks over sleeping a little extra!

I know exactly what your talking about, when I was married to my first wife and was running an overnight line haul schedule it was very rough, I would try to stay up until about 1300 and sleep until about 1630 so I could be proactive with the kids and all, but if I fell asleep a little bit early or sleep a little later you would think I was cheating in my dreams or something good grief, and Saturday mornings when I would get home I had better stay up all day, how dare I doze off for a few minutes sitting in the lazyboy, and this particular line haul bid was with FXFE, AND 192 miles each way so yes I had to work the dock, so it was rough but it took its toll and noticed how I said my first wife lol, the gal I'm married to now wouldn't even bat an eye if I wanted to sleep a little, he'll she even encourages it especially after I injured myself last year falling off the lift gate she said I was pushing myself too hard and it was time to slow it down a little bit so that is exactly what I have done and that is why I try to keep the weekends free and clear for her and the children cause there is no tombstone that has ever read " wish I'd a spent a little more time at work"

I know exactly what your talking about, when I was married to my first wife and was running an overnight line haul schedule it was very rough, I would try to stay up until about 1300 and sleep until about 1630 so I could be proactive with the kids and all, but if I fell asleep a little bit early or sleep a little later you would think I was cheating in my dreams or something good grief, and Saturday mornings when I would get home I had better stay up all day, how dare I doze off for a few minutes sitting in the lazyboy, and this particular line haul bid was with FXFE, AND 192 miles each way so yes I had to work the dock, so it was rough but it took its toll and noticed how I said my first wife lol, the gal I'm married to now wouldn't even bat an eye if I wanted to sleep a little, he'll she even encourages it especially after I injured myself last year falling off the lift gate she said I was pushing myself too hard and it was time to slow it down a little bit so that is exactly what I have done and that is why I try to keep the weekends free and clear for her and the children cause there is no tombstone that has ever read " wish I'd a spent a little more time at work"

Amen Brother, well put!

Took me quite a long time to figure all this out also! While OD is a good job, you've got to remember there's not much time on this earth. Take the days off that are given to you and enjoy them with loved ones and friends.

at home this week, filling in on bid runs, last three days filling in for my hero DayliteDean

Which unit you running, I'll eat spicy before work, and take break between 03:00 and 04:00 at WIC. Sitting and reading and leaving natural aroma. Just to show I care. lol

Wild Driver. Have family, got illness or injury. OD management/Central dispatch great at running that area. When Wild I stayed out 3 to 9 weeks anyway. Daughter went to BIS for pre med. Grandbaby coming, child birth can be complicated on her mothers side and come early. So spent couple months running that region and 34ing at BIS. Brothers wife going through cancer treatment, 4 kids, kept me in and out of DEN.