FedEx Freight | Headway events

We're told that is exactly how it works. Trigger event gets viewed/reviewed. Only if something significant is detected will the driver (via Safety) be "coached". I'm told that if it makes it through all of that, it's pretty cut and dry, it's unsafe.
But they are not looking at the 3 minutes prior or 3 minutes following the event. You also have a safety team that pretty much has zero driving experience. yet we have to rely on them to make decisions. CLT region safety dept is a joke.

We're told that is exactly how it works. Trigger event gets viewed/reviewed. Only if something significant is detected will the driver (via Safety) be "coached". I'm told that if it makes it through all of that, it's pretty cut and dry, it's unsafe.
We were told the same but that’s NOT how it’s working, or those doing the previewing don’t have a clue as to what they’re looking at...which wouldn’t surprise me!!

The fore mentioned is exactly what happened to me and I was called in to address the issue, smh!! We’re called in for every headway event that’s triggered regardless of the severity, most not worth addressing IMO.

Just another example of doing the exact opposite of what we were told was going to happen!!

I’m just curious if the accident rate has actually gone down with this camera system in place....
Prob not because you must change lanes to reset if almost out of time regardless if .1 seconds off.

Some of you folks must be driving in the boonies and before 6 AM.

In metro areas the 4 wheelers make it less than 2.0 s after 5:30 AM.

We were told the same but that’s NOT how it’s working, or those doing the previewing don’t have a clue as to what they’re looking at...which wouldn’t surprise me!!

The fore mentioned is exactly what happened to me and I was called in to address the issue, smh!! We’re called in for every headway event that’s triggered regardless of the severity, most not worth addressing IMO.

Just another example of doing the exact opposite of what we were told was going to happen!!

Maybe they call you in for every headway event because you rear ended someone. Just a guess.....

In all honesty, I’ve adopted the - “when in doubt back out” strategy.

The buzzers, the videos, it’s all just attempts to make us do what we should be doing anyway.

There are few things that look more stupid than a truck tailgating someone, in my opinion.

I’m just not that willing to put my carrrer in someone’s hands - someone who has already proven they’re not a great driver or they wouldn’t be holding up a slow truck!

At 65 mph you are traveling 95 feet per second. How fast are your reflexes at the end of the night? At the end of the week?

What you think it should be going off at the 4 second mark or close to 400 ft. I'm not saying shorten distance either but by using the Smith system and watching your mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds and looking 15 seconds down the road, you damn well should see any danger and yes the reflexes to have a escape route should the need arise.

What you think it should be going off at the 4 second mark or close to 400 ft. I'm not saying shorten distance either but by using the Smith system and watching your mirrors every 5 to 8 seconds and looking 15 seconds down the road, you damn well should see any danger and yes the reflexes to have a escape route should the need arise.