Yellow | Hello......I am Back!

KK, thanks again Hope you had a safe trip and welcome back "HOME"

"Home is where your heart is"

KK if you could answer Just a few more

On dovetail boards was there any discussion on same day senority and how that would play out...same day senority goes by a clock punch....if there is not one...it could be a flip of the coin!....KK

any discussion on chicago with the endtail to and from 710,705,179....YES....waiting on writen ruling from the Committee.....kkany dock to road.....you cant cross over from dock to road....those that do have that practice will probably keep it....but I do not see any new cases coming up for a terminal....KK

Do you know anyone who eats peanut butter and jellie for lucnh almost everyday?? LOL....and that is a bad thing??...KK

thanks kk for anything i know you have a full plate

Call your local

KK if you could answer Just a few more
On dovetail boards was there any discussion on same day senority and how that would play out...
any discussion on chicago with the endtail to and from 710,705,179
any dock to road

Sorry I couldn't resist.:smilie_132:......and the answer is above!....Kk

Sometime next week...notices will be posted for those to sign up to follow their work to the terminal of their choosing, as their senoirty will allow them to . This hae to be done before the National bidding day on 2/15 & 2/16/09......so say if the +36 slots in Atlanta are not taken, and there are 6 left open....those 6 slots would go into a pool to be awarded by seniority....KK

Back when Maury Myers took over, he said we were going to operate from the bottom up. I don't know if it was all a smoke screen, but the perception was much better. Then that Welch dude took over with his ten thousand years of experience doing things the old fashioned Yellow way. Things went straight back in the sh**ter and have stayed there.
You got that right! When we used to offer advise on any dispatching, we were usually told that "when you filled out your application, you checked the driver box, so you do the driving, I'll do the dispatching."
Needless to say, there are no more suggestions given.

You got that right! When we used to offer advise on any dispatching, we were usually told that "when you filled out your application, you checked the driver box, so you do the driving, I'll do the dispatching."
Needless to say, there are no more suggestions given.

LOL! Back a million years ago we had a customer that made rototillers. I had one for a new home on acreage about five miles out of town. It kept raining for several days and their new dirt driveway was a quagmire. I kept having to bring it back for about three days. Finally my dispatcher told me, and this was on a customer's phone (we didn't have radios then), not to return to the dock with that rototiller. So I drove off the pavement onto the one-lane dirt road and sank up to my axles front to back. The customer came out in his Dodge Powerwagon and got his rototiller and I called my dispatcher from his house and told him I was stuck and needed a tow truck. He said, "Oh, okay!"

Larry....Thanx for your post,as a city driver I have seen the same thing so many times its not even funny.Had 1 customer tell me to pull on the side of a major highway and hand truck it about a mile to his house on the side of the mountain.(his road wasn't accessible for a tractor-trailer)when I asked him to meet me in his pickup and I would help him unload at his house,he refused telling me he paid for door to door delivery.I told him I was the captain of this ship and wasn't gonna pull on the side of the road...lol
He then drove 60 miles (one way at over $4 a gallon) the next day and picked it up at the terminal.
I just don't understand peoples attitudes towards us delivery boys.LOL

Larry....Thanx for your post,as a city driver I have seen the same thing so many times its not even funny.Had 1 customer tell me to pull on the side of a major highway and hand truck it about a mile to his house on the side of the mountain.(his road wasn't accessible for a tractor-trailer)when I asked him to meet me in his pickup and I would help him unload at his house,he refused telling me he paid for door to door delivery.I told him I was the captain of this ship and wasn't gonna pull on the side of the road...lol
He then drove 60 miles (one way at over $4 a gallon) the next day and picked it up at the terminal.
I just don't understand peoples attitudes towards us delivery boys.LOL

I can relate to your story 100%. I delivered in Boulder, Colorado, right next to the Rocky Mountains. I ran into this stuff every week. I could tell stories for hours. But one day my dispatch gave me horrendous directions. They didn't know, they had never even gotten into their cars and driven into those hills to see what they looked like. I had to go into this private subdivision that had a one-and-a-half lane paved road that went straight up with a sheer drop-off. I went all the way to the end, which was a cliff dropping straight down. I sat there looking out my windshield at the sky and out my rearview mirror at the sky behind me. I had just come around the last switchback about a quarter mile back. I was so pissed I was screaming every profanity I could think of to that GD dispatcher. I had to back up and around that switchback to a driveway for a mountain fire house about another quarter mile down the road. Thank goodness that was there. I had rolled a tractor-trailer a few years before on icey roads and wasn't the bravest man out there. I always loved listening to the super-jocks brag about how they would do this or that with no fear. I told them to put one on its side down a ten foot ditch some day and see if they still felt the same. Damn I'm glad I'm retired.

I can relate to your story 100%. I delivered in Boulder, Colorado, right next to the Rocky Mountains. I ran into this stuff every week. I could tell stories for hours. But one day my dispatch gave me horrendous directions. They didn't know, they had never even gotten into their cars and driven into those hills to see what they looked like. I had to go into this private subdivision that had a one-and-a-half lane paved road that went straight up with a sheer drop-off. I went all the way to the end, which was a cliff dropping straight down. I sat there looking out my windshield at the sky and out my rearview mirror at the sky behind me. I had just come around the last switchback about a quarter mile back. I was so pissed I was screaming every profanity I could think of to that GD dispatcher. I had to back up and around that switchback to a driveway for a mountain fire house about another quarter mile down the road. Thank goodness that was there. I had rolled a tractor-trailer a few years before on icey roads and wasn't the bravest man out there. I always loved listening to the super-jocks brag about how they would do this or that with no fear. I told them to put one on its side down a ten foot ditch some day and see if they still felt the same. Damn I'm glad I'm retired.
Chit I woulda retired right there on the side of the mountain. Called dispatch from home. :biglaugh: We ain't got mountains in Michigan, I can't even imagine. :smilie_132:

Geez Larry.......I get all nervous just driving Red Mt. Pass in a rent- a- car. I can't imagine those back roads with a tractor/trailer....my hat's off to you. Enjoy your retirement...God knows you earned it.

Larry why couldnt the customer drive to the road to the the rototiller?
A little retarded if u ask me.

It was a long way to his house, and I wasn't going to tromp through the mud to get there. We didn't have his phone number. I got out one day and headed to a house in the country like that. I turned around to leave when nobody answered the door and was looking at the biggest set of teeth on a dog that I've ever seen. I never prayed so hard as that day. I walked way around as slowly as I could and promised myself that I would never do something that "retarded" again. Sometimes it is hard to put everything into context on here. My boss would not be reasonable in the other instance, so I complied exactly with his orders. Any other questions?

Sorry KK, I steered this thread way off base. I didn't mean to.

Wow!

It was a long way to his house, and I wasn't going to tromp through the mud to get there. We didn't have his phone number. I got out one day and headed to a house in the country like that. I turned around to leave when nobody answered the door and was looking at the biggest set of teeth on a dog that I've ever seen. I never prayed so hard as that day. I walked way around as slowly as I could and promised myself that I would never do something that "retarded" again. Sometimes it is hard to put everything into context on here. My boss would not be reasonable in the other instance, so I complied exactly with his orders. Any other questions?

Sorry KK, I steered this thread way off base. I didn't mean to.

Please dont take this the wrong way Larry. I know everyone sings KK's praises at least a hundred times a day for all he does, but apoligizing for posting a reply in a thread, is he the Truckingboards forum god that we have to worry about offending? OK I'm ready let me have it:bowdown:

Please dont take this the wrong way Larry. I know everyone sings KK's praises at least a hundred times a day for all he does, but apoligizing for posting a reply in a thread, is he the Truckingboards forum god that we have to worry about offending? OK I'm ready let me have it:bowdown:

Say 3 hail marys and you will be forgiven my son!....KK...:hysterical:

:Rulz: :2wce0ep: :sadwavey:

Please forgive me for my transgressions oh great one.

Forgive me KK for I have sinned.

I meant nothing personal, I guess I got a little KK sensitive and when Larry was apologizing it tipped my whine glass over. Com'on its what drivers do best!:smilie_132:

In my opinion....then you would have a non-union clerical endtail behind you....the Committee will be ruling on this problem in the next few days.....KK

Everyone keeps talking of this committee. Who exactly does this committee consist of. I am assuming YRC labor people and union reps. But if you are home and our regional rep is home, who is still there.