TForce | High Cost area raises

UPSFreightMan

TB Lurker
Credits
There is talk of raises for high cost of living areas. The Vp of UPS freight gave a meeting in MOO and when asked the question about this, he replied it is something in the works for the last couple of months and that it may happen soon.

I live in the new California....Does that count or do I get deduction for the illegal imigrant tax.......Or should I say the lack there of...Propably too political for this thread....Soo take it lightly....Just want MORE money....I sound like the government......

does my wife count as a high cost living area?
that should be a 5.00 raise

Nah cause it will cost more to leave than to stay so you are just going to have to gut that one out......Where is the cat???? I am at a lost with out the cat!!!!!!!I know change is good blah blah blah.......

i fixed it. the cat is back.

we have not really heard about more because of where we live. we really don't hear anything as far as the road drivers go. no meetings or anyone saying thing. you will something in your pouch now and then or something on a white board. no not that one the other one in the break room.

I've heard of other LTL companies paying different scales depending on what part of the country their employees were living.

I live in one of the highest taxed states in the country.
New york has a tax,on the taxes they get out of us.
We pay high property taxes,school,taxes.
We also have to pay $.08&1/2% on everything except food,unless we eat in a resturant,than we have to pay it on the food we eat.

Just think when you go to buy a brand new car,don't forget to add the .085 % sales tax times the total amount of the sale.
Oh my this is a second mortgage payment for a nice new set of wheels.

With all of these extra charges we are paying to live in New York,we get paid the same as folks that don't have to pay so much where they live.

Don't people living in New England get wacked with high taxes?

i guess you would, look how many want live that close to one another. i fine with as long as it done fairly. how would we know if that was done?

Sounds like they are going to rob from the poor and give more to the rich. What ever they decide there needs to be some improvements in this area

There is talk of raises for high cost of living areas. The Vp of UPS freight gave a meeting in MOO and when asked the question about this, he replied it is something in the works for the last couple of months and that it may happen soon.

Do you mean to tell us this was actually a rumor prior to asking the question in this meeting? And just how much....

Do you mean to tell us this was actually a rumor prior to asking the question in this meeting? And just how much....

Now that Leo is gone that have some cash left over so what they are going to do is take what Leo was making and spread it around.

Sounds like a plan gater.
This would be nice to get some more cash added on to our paychecks.

Say can we have that in writting?

Does this have something to do with that company profit gains bonus for the employees that was talked about last year some time? Or what ever happend to that? I see we made a profit in 2006 Where is my bonus?

The volume of frieght at my terminal doesn't seem anymore than anyother year,around this time?

But I think it must be?
Last year we had 11 city drivers,and the bottom guy wasn't getting full weeks.
But now we have 14 drivers and everyone seems to be working everyday.
I'm in a very small terminal,but I don't keep up with everyones buisness,just my own.
So I don't really know how everyone is doing?

I don't want to sound selfish,but I do the work that I'm required to do,and get my paycheck.
But I don't keep track of everybody else.