TForce | High Cost area raises

They wash them everyday......When I worked in the hub here, there was 2 guys that washed every package car everyday.....And another thing, I thought once these tractors was painted that the image had to be maintained. There is a tractor in SLC that is painted and has a grey wheel on the driverside drive tires....This total disrespect for our new company is amazing....The shop boss there also said that they are supposed to keep all the paint on the frame and bumpers kept up but they don't have time to mess with such trivial things.....But they sure have time to put our trucks on the computer and screw around with how they run....Just seems O policies override UPS policy....I sure hope this changes soon........

I have one black, one gray and two rusty rims. I wish they would come up with some kind of wash policy. Atleast wash them once a month. There is zero wash policy in the north. Our tractors have never been washed.

My TM has our tractors washed in the warmer months.
I think they are done once a month.
When we come in on monday mornings they are clean with soap striks,down our west coast mirrors.
Theres two guys in a van with a steam cleaner on board that washes them.
Of course they can't be washed when the temperture goes under 32, or everything would freeze up.
So I've got to give my TM credit this time.
Our road drivers usualy wash there own,when they are waiting for their sets to be closed out.

My TM has our tractors washed in the warmer months.
I think they are done once a month.
When we come in on monday mornings they are clean with soap striks,down our west coast mirrors.
Theres two guys in a van with a steam cleaner on board that washes them.
Of course they can't be washed when the temperture goes under 32, or everything would freeze up.
So I've got to give my TM credit this time.
Our road drivers usualy wash there own,when they are waiting for their sets to be closed out.

Yeah no need to get the salt or mag-chloride off. Those wires and things will heal themselves. And the rust, well, that adds charactor to thing.....And is kind of a go-between for the grey and brown and blue and white and..........

From the sounds of most at other terminals in our UPS Freight system on this equipment washing issue.
Terminals that are shopless must go with the nature system of washing?

Nature puts in on,and when in rains nature takes it off.

From the sounds of most at other terminals in our UPS Freight system on this equipment washing issue.
Terminals that are shopless must go with the nature system of washing?

Nature puts in on,and when in rains nature takes it off.

At my barn we are shop less. Our outside vendor is worth less. I had a split airline where the airline goes into the supply side at the glad hand. The vendor came out and could not fix it. So I got some duct tape and limped it over the UPS package barn where one of their wrench turners fixed it. Then they let me run my rig threw the carwash.

Well that sounds like you used your head gater.
It sure was nice of our parent UPS to help out their adopted kids UPS Freight.

This sounds to me like the old saying (One hand washing the other.)

HA,HA,HA, get it washing hands in that the UPS folks helped out cleaning up their messy kid.

Oh my I'm just too clever sometimes.
I even amaze myself?

Are you addressing me hillbilly frog?

Why you young-in's have got to remeber.
I've forgotten way more than you'll ever forget,and don't you ever forget it!

At my barn we are shop less. Our outside vendor is worth less. I had a split airline where the airline goes into the supply side at the glad hand. The vendor came out and could not fix it. So I got some duct tape and limped it over the UPS package barn where one of their wrench turners fixed it. Then they let me run my rig threw the carwash.

They really let you in? That's great. I wonder if my TM would let me run off route to get a wash.

Oh yeah gater did you have to drive over to Wally-World to buy the duck tape.
Or do you carry it with you for all quick repares?

I put a roll of clear tape on my gear shift to re-coop damaged cartons,but I really should get a roll of duck tape as well.

Oh yeah gater did you have to drive over to Wally-World to buy the duck tape.
Or do you carry it with you for all quick repares?

I put a roll of clear tape on my gear shift to re-coop damaged cartons,but I really should get a roll of duck tape as well.

Duct tape is a cure all/quick fix for a lot of things on the road.

If the clips are missing or weak on the flip placards, use duct tape.

If someone didn't completely remove a stick on placard, use duct tape to cover what is showing.

the other night, the dolly pigtail wouldn't stay in the rear of the lead pup, so I used duct tape to hold the flap against the pigtail and it held til we got to the house.

When in doubt, use duct tape....LOL

That's what realy needs to be in the safety training. The proper and improper use of duct tape. Apo maybe you can get the ball rolling. We wouldn't want to see any of our new UPSFers end up with duct tape on there eyebrows,legs or arms.

That's what realy needs to be in the safety training. The proper and improper use of duct tape. Apo maybe you can get the ball rolling. We wouldn't want to see any of our new UPSFers end up with duct tape on there eyebrows,legs or arms.

Damn that is funny.....I could just see this driver going down the road with duct tape over his eyes and wreck....Then it be considered non-preventable because they were not trained on the dangers of the mis-use of duct tape......