TForce | How did your meeting go?

Credits
Had our meeting Sunday. Alot of B.S. before getting down to the nitty gritty. New benifits package that sounds like it might take a lawyer to figure out. Sounds like it might be better in most areas and a little less in others. Should get it in the mail before May and need to enroll in it by internet or phone in the next 6 weeks. NO PAY RAISE. Some new equipment coming. Uniforms are being a problem fitting our fat asses (don't even have mine yet). Given new employee rule book and policy book as well. Policy book states that the general underlying principle that UPS Freight operates under is "FAIRNESS". All employees should adhere to the principle of "doing whats right". It goes on to say "we do not believe that a union could gain anything more for our employees than we can accomplish through our direct and open working relationship." Also states "we believe strongly that the interests of our employees, our customers and our company are best served without union intervention. If employees select a union, UPS Freight will comply with and excercise it's rights under applicable labor law." So how did yours go and what are your thoughts?

:chairshot: old school If your going to quote the hand book then you better read it better. the section on Philosophy regarding unions. the paragraph that you reference really reads" In summary we do not believe that a union could gain anything more for our employees than we can accomplish through our direct and open working relationship. And, we believe strongly that the interests of our employees, our customers and our company are best served without union intervention.:bgroovy: when you reference something make sure you have everything. We don't want the wrong impression to get out, that how rumors start.

dvr49 said:
:chairshot: old school If your going to quote the hand book then you better read it better. the section on Philosophy regarding unions. the paragraph that you reference really reads" In summary we do not believe that a union could gain anything more for our employees than we can accomplish through our direct and open working relationship. And, we believe strongly that the interests of our employees, our customers and our company are best served without union intervention.:bgroovy: when you reference something make sure you have everything. We don't want the wrong impression to get out, that how rumors start.
SOUNDS LIKE MORE OF 'O' BULLS**T,HATE TO TELL EM,ITS UP TO US,NOT MANAGMENT,AKA LEO SUGGS,GORDOY MAC, ED DRISCOLL,OR 'OLE RASPUTIN':duh: AND MANY OF US SURE ARE GOING TO HOLD UPS'S FEET TO THE FIRE ABOUT IT,REMEMBER'ITS THE OVERNITE EMPLOYEES CHOICE IF THEY WANT TO JOIN THE UNION'. BESIDES,WE GOT OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS AT UPS TO STAND SIDE BY SIDE WITH US,AND WATCH OUR BACKS,TO MAKE IT HAPPEN,WE ARE THE UNION,NOT JUST THE TEAMSTERS LEADERSHIP:tribehasspoken: (ESTER,WON'T YOU STICK THAT FACE IN THE FREEZER,AND MAKE US SOME UGLYSICLES) FREDG.SANFORD,FOR PRESIDENT!

charles bronson: I don't have any brothers or sisters at UPS, and I'll watch my own back. The teamsters leadership has not been doing a very good job, just look at all the layoffs at the union company's . I'll fight my own battle and everyone else can take care of themselves.

dvr49 said:
charles bronson: I don't have any brothers or sisters at UPS, and I'll watch my own back. The teamsters leadership has not been doing a very good job, just look at all the layoffs at the union company's . I'll fight my own battle and everyone else can take care of themselves.

What does Union leadership have anything to do with companies laying off?

dvr49 said:
What companies have layed off ? Everyday operation of the freight business has always been unpredictable.
One man who fights his own battles against many ... is usually the loser !!

Your right every year their is layoff's just seams that there are more at Yellow and Roadway this year , more Tm's closing lower 1 qtr earnings just the normal stuff. The union leadership has nothing to due with it, but if you read the boards it seams like things are being done and the Ba's are doing nothing to help in some areas. As for fighting a battle against many David stood against Goliath.

dvr49 said:
Did you ever take on a company with 250000 employees there is no one who cares to here you. 15 years at FEDEX Express tractor trailer driver and I am leaving just for that reason I have watched my co workers mowed down at the rate of one to two a month over the last 1yr and half with no one to help them get there job back. Think long think hard this aint little old O/Nite, with 15000 poeple.

dvr49 said:
Your right every year their is layoff's just seams that there are more at Yellow and Roadway this year , more Tm's closing lower 1 qtr earnings just the normal stuff. The union leadership has nothing to due with it, but if you read the boards it seams like things are being done and the Ba's are doing nothing to help in some areas. As for fighting a battle against many David stood against Goliath.

What terminals are closing?
Who's 1st Qtr earnings are lower?
What happening at Yellow and Roadway that makes them so specail?

If the Union leadership has nothing to do with it why did you say in your post?

What things are being done and what BAs aren't doing anthing about it?

Why so general?

Do you have anything to add?

Seeing that your from PA, not sure where Washington is, are you referring to the Roadway change of Ops which effect 135?

I'm pretty sure there were some BAs involved in that, what are they suppose to do?
The company wanted a change to be able to compete, jobs were offered everywhere for every displaced employee.
What the union suppose to do, say hell no, the union isn't here to hurt companies it here to help proetect individuals from being abused or burned by the comapny for no reason.

Sure guys got laid off. They also have five year call back right. (contract language)
Guys also reloctaed at the cost of the company. Many chose not to go. That was there choice. It's a free country.

What opportuties does Onite give when they decide to close at terminal or move jobs?

They do what they want, when they want, with complete disreguard for the employees. Employee are a dime a dozen in Onite's eyes. Right?

dvr49 said:

dvr49, not trying to argue with you but if you read the some of the forums for non union companies here you'll see that there are guys not working there also.
this has been a very odd first quarter for freight

It has been a very rocky 2 years for freight, Time to ditch the president. He certainly is nothing but a flop anyway.

My new avatar and jobclass will be unveiled on May 1'st.

I can hardly wait for our meeting tomorrow!!! More yada,yada,yada and $ht, junk and crap. I'm glad I didn't buy that new bleach bottle for the big pond. Nothing like reading the Interpetations of Generalzations on the throne.

your right but, things have been chugging along pretty well at OVNT/UPS freight, even though we are down a little in volume, were still moving forward.

Yeah....our meeting is at 8 in the morning. I went to the UPSer.com website and looked at the presentation that they will be giving and I didn't see anything really new. Other than the name.......it talks about equipment and all of the "branded" things. One of our shop guys said that we are getting three new tractors.....2 in May....and 1 in June. I'm sure there will be a lot of them gray and brown tractors out there soon!!

falcon465 said:
Yeah....our meeting is at 8 in the morning. I went to the UPSer.com website and looked at the presentation that they will be giving and I didn't see anything really new. Other than the name.......it talks about equipment and all of the "branded" things. One of our shop guys said that we are getting three new tractors.....2 in May....and 1 in June. I'm sure there will be a lot of them gray and brown tractors out there soon!!
You guys down south always get the new stuff. Could you find it in your hearts to send your junk north? I bet your junk is better than our junk.:biglaugh:

falcon465 said:

If that is all it is then when I get in from my run I'm going to sneak home.:biglaugh:

Skeeter said:
If that is all it is then when I get in from my run I'm going to sneak home.:biglaugh:

Not even going to sit in on your own meeting?

Do you vote?

Or you just leave it up to everyone else and take whatever comes along.