XPO | How do OD drivers avoid the dock?

DaBears6

TB Lurker
Credits
How is it that we spend 5+ hours on the FAC dock every night but OD drivers are able to do meet and turns/avoid the dock? Is it OD's business model that allows for that or do they just run a way more efficient dock operation with higher staff levels? Seems like our freight volumes are similar yet I've never heard of OD linehaul being forced to work the dock? I know I see a fair amount of OD sleepers and I've heard they're a 7 day operation, but does that really make enough difference?

I personally don't mind some dock work, but when they're keeping us at the FAC until 0600 it gets a bit ridiculous.

How is it that we spend 5+ hours on the FAC dock every night but OD drivers are able to do meet and turns/avoid the dock? Is it OD's business model that allows for that or do they just run a way more efficient dock operation with higher staff levels? Seems like our freight volumes are similar yet I've never heard of OD linehaul being forced to work the dock? I know I see a fair amount of OD sleepers and I've heard they're a 7 day operation, but does that really make enough difference?

I personally don't mind some dock work, but when they're keeping us at the FAC until 0600 it gets a bit ridiculous.
XPO is in the minority when it comes to drivers working the dock, not many ltls have drivers operate a forklift

They are set up completely differently. And I agree. The dock doesn't bother me. Being on the dock this long is bothering me.

There called dockworkers for one. Also they have one thing we don't they are call trailer lots of trailers.