XPO | How frustrated are the line-haul dsr's at your barn?

my barn loads 80 - 90 subservice vans a night it hurts pretty bad to all that frt go to a non conway driver taking money right out of our pockets

I've been gone from there almost 10 yrs. I thought I'd never work anywhere else but I'm so much happier now that I don't have to deal with all that bs. I usually work only 48-50 hrs and do just as well as I did there at the time and never touch the dock except to maybe nail a load in if they're dragging their feet. Why kill yourselves and deal with all that crap for big bucks?

Oh well, off to work now. Have to do my 450 mile drop and hook no touch run. May even get it done before having to take a lunch. :)

I've been gone from there almost 10 yrs. I thought I'd never work anywhere else but I'm so much happier now that I don't have to deal with all that bs. I usually work only 48-50 hrs and do just as well as I did there at the time and never touch the dock except to maybe nail a load in if they're dragging their feet. Why kill yourselves and deal with all that crap for big bucks?

Oh well, off to work now. Have to do my 450 mile drop and hook no touch run. May even get it done before having to take a lunch. :)
We've got those runs..we call them welfare runs

If you can still say that in ten years I'll be impressed. If you can't make it on 12 hr days 14 isn't gonna change anything
Oh you will be impressed for sure. My 70 hr Conway work week is only half of what I do in a week. The beauty of a yearly bid is there is something available for everyone's needs.

I remember my linehaul days. It is very hard on the body (and family). We used to counsel new guys and tell them, do not base your bills off LH...next bid you may get bumped!! Some listened, some did not. I saw some of the guys I used to run with and after 6-7 years, they had aged. No disrespect because I used to be them. I have love for them, but those hours do not allow for much family time. It pays great and the temptation of big bucks is very tempting, I just want those who still do it to be safe and get home to your family...that's what it's all about. Andto answer the original question...yes, it would frustrate many drivers to have subservice take away runs. You can't put lipstick on that pig.

Oh you will be impressed for sure. My 70 hr Conway work week is only half of what I do in a week. The beauty of a yearly bid is there is something available for everyone's needs.

Jeez where do you get this crap?? They don't hand out company handbooks anymore... Which grey shirt had his hand jammed up your keyster?

I am happier than beefed cgo lunchen, I run my bid, nobody bothers me and I get treated pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it, what is wrong with bidding on you want?..we don't have to stay on linehaul here, you know that.
I know you are never wrong but I was forced onto night L/H for a few years.
Although I could bid the flex and I would have worked the city on Monday, maybe, I would have been on night L/H by the end of the week - Always sitting by the (home) phone....waiting.
You just ran out of ink on this post and wasn't able to fully explain your point. Yup, we knew that.

I don't get it, what is wrong with bidding on you want?..we don't have to stay on linehaul here, you know that.

No I was referring to the "something for everyone's needs" line. There was nothing ever available to meet my needs. And every year I moved farther back on the bid sheet despite drivers quitting or getting fired.