FedEx Freight | Hows your Equipment?

What happens when rookie city drivers take newer trucks, and don't slide fifth wheel or have not been educated on it. Given a 53 in city and cut to sharp.

Alot of our newer equipment is damaged from city work. Our management let's them take the nicest newer trucks. Sometimes the actual bid linehaul driver to the truck has to take a million mile spare because his truck is not back.

It's not that linehaul drivers are better than city. It doesn't make good business sense to send a driver on a 600 mile run in a million mile truck, but it happens alot. Nothing is ever said. It's just irritating. The TM has no problem with it. That's because he not the one sitting on the shoulder!
I wish corporate would read this and fix this. I'll hold my breathe.
Sadly my old million mile volvo has let me down less than these new 26-27 series Pete's and kws. These new trucks are complete crap. New trucks with transmission issues, leaking radiators, if it can go wrong electronically it it has, bad sensors switchs whatever. Give me a new seat and I'll put another million on the ole volvo, its quieter, safer all around better truck

Drivers think I'm crazy because I prefer the older trucks. You can keep your R27 or R26. I'll drive an R14 or R15. I got forced into an R20 on the last bid. It's okay, but I dread the fact that I'll be in something newer soon.

Most of my personal vehicles are over 20 years old. My newest one is a 2006. Never had a car payment, I do most of my own maintenance and repairs. I can't stand new vehicles. Too hard to work on, and way too much technology. Simpler is better.

Does anyone else feel that the truck purchasing dept is in bed with Paccar? Those are the only brands they buy now even though they have tons of issues.
West had KW and East had Volvos. Once they merged the two for some reason we switched to KW. Then we started getting Volvos again, but so was every other company. Volvo couldn't keep up so we went back to KW and then Peterbilt as well.

Do y’all do all engine swaps in house? Must be a large shop.
We have a 5 bay shop. For some reason they sent us the A frame lift for pulling engines. Apparently, we have the only one in the region. So when the hostler engines were blowing up they sent them to our shop for engine swaps. It makes no sense why one of the smallest shops in the region gets the big engine jobs.

We have a 5 bay shop. For some reason they sent us the A frame lift for pulling engines. Apparently, we have the only one in the region. So when the hostler engines were blowing up they sent them to our shop for engine swaps. It makes no sense why one of the smallest shops in the region gets the big engine jobs.
Are you in Alabama?

It's the way the trucks are set up. We are pulling the guts out of them. Because some college educated idiot. Thinks they know better the the engineer's of the Cummins engine. That's why we only get I think it's 300,000 mile warranty.

It's the way the trucks are set up. We are pulling the guts out of them. Because some college educated idiot. Thinks they know better the the engineer's of the Cummins engine. That's why we only get I think it's 300,000 mile warranty.
man, if its only 300k, that warranty is only good for 250 business days at my terminal for atleast 5 trucks. long as they stay running and the PMs are done in a timely manner that is.

That right there would cause me to move on. I would not work at any place that shoved that garbage down my throat at every turn.
That’s the problem they push opposite of what 80 90 percent of workforce wants to hear. Then at least at our center we can’t get good applicants for any job posting. Hey fed up frt treat people fairly they don’t care about anyone it’s the almighty number game and where I can move up to.It has gotten so bad most city drivers could care less WTH happens ,round mouth club rules the center you speak up we will fvck you to ground and then some .Round mouth club do as you want, mgmt has your back.

:hilarious: You should keep your yard blower in your car then pull your unit up to your TM's window and open the doors , blow it out good close the doors , put your yard blower away and off you go , leave all the crap on the ground for him.

:hilarious: You should keep your yard blower in your car then pull your unit up to your TM's window and open the doors , blow it our good close the doors , put your yard blower away and off you go , leave all the crap on the ground for him.
A fine role model you are.
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield