1. All employers have a social media policy, Your identity is UNKNOWN on Truckingboards unless you reveal it somehow yourself. When you post to Facebook Trucking Groups, everybody knows your name. Think about it.

Hr 397 Moved, 6/11/2019

Discussion in 'Central States Pension Fund Discussion' started by jimmy g, Jun 13, 2019.

1. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

I called you a moron because I already stated 2014 was when he signed the omnibus bill. I was stating he had the house and the senate in 2012 and congress could have wrote bills to protect these pension funds before the 2014 deadline. He even wrote about fixing the problem in January 2014. Hence my previous post. So he had it in mind but then screwed us anyway.

2. Crystal

Crystal Well-Known Member

But Obama didn't need to protect pensions in 2012. The ERISA protection was still in effect.

3. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

I know that. But they could have made legislation to extend protect and live up to the democrats promise to fix the problem. No one is fixing this nightmare. It is political suicide. There is 10 million pension participants and 350 million plus people in the United States. Sorry for calling names. Just passionate about this cause and how no political party is going to touch this crap. It’s a no win for them.

Crystal likes this.
  4. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

I want to apologize. We are on the same side.I had the same fight with Jimmy and he didn’t deserve it either. We are all on the same side as far as wanting what we have earned. I know it’s not a great apology but that is what we got! From the local moron himnself! Sorry!

mud, Crystal and jimmy g like this.
  5. Crystal

As I sit here watching the house Ways and Means committee hearings on H R 397 it's partisan politics as usual. The democrats passed it 25-17 along party lines. It now moves to the house floor for debate. At least that's a step in the right direction.

Freightmaster1 and SAC75 like this.
  6. Crystal

You have my respect.

SAC75 and jimmy g like this.
  7. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

SAC75, Retread, Crystal and 1 other person like this.
  8. mysticobra

mysticobra Over Here Now.

Driver Since:
    Since I had my red wagon.
    FM1
    You were quoted in an article I just read about the closing of the New Penn HQ.
    You may have read it already.
    :1036316054:

"Speculation began almost immediately on TruckingBoards.com, a bulletin board for unionized employees, as to what YRC’s next move would be. A poster who goes by the handle of “FreightMaster1” surmised that the company may close the Holland and Reddaway headquarters, located in Michigan and Oregon, respectively, and merge them into YRC’s central operation in Overland Park, as it is doing with New Penn."

SAC75, Retread and Crystal like this.
  9. anotherdayanother85cents

anotherdayanother85cents Member

It’s not a bailout, it’s a loan

10. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    It's new Bureacracy created only to BAIL OUT Pensions. If it makes you feel less guilty calling it a loan, go ahead and fool yourself all you want. But calling dungheaps beds of roses doesn't change reality. Read the bill and the articles. The government doesn't expect the Pensions to be able to pay the final payment, when the principal comes due.

"Would a rose, by any other name, smell as sweet?" William Shakespeare

11. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    If all that was required was a loan, we'd have gone to Deutsche Bank ten years ago. If this passes, I'll take it. It bails out those yet to retire who have no hope otherwise.

But realize- Pelosi doesn't do things for no reason. She'll cite morality of a bailout; but- boiled to its essence- this is using Public Funds to pander to a predominantly Democrat Special Interest group as we head to the 2020 election. The "loan " is expected to be paid back with votes , not money.

It's the Grand Illusion.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  12. rtm457

rtm457 Active Member

I have a great idea to solve this problem. Take the money and distribute it to current retirees and then let all of the idiots that voted for this new contract with NO PENSION provisions to figure out your own retirement since none of you yes voters cared at all about those of us that are retired. All of you could only see the raise you were getting Way to sell the retirees out.

13. mysticobra

mysticobra Over Here Now.

Driver Since:
    Since I had my red wagon.
    Wouldn't matter.
    I wouldn't call ex fellow co-workers idiots.
    They have their lives to live. It's like them calling retirees idiots. Are we? Course not.
    The majority of employees voted. I think it was a record turnout for.a contract vote.

buffalobill, Crystal and jimmy g like this.
  14. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Can't close and distribute the fund without Congress changing the law.

Changes in the YRCW contract couldn't save the fund. If you are retired, that contract doesnt affect you. Your comments fit the definition of a Meester, since you only want YOUR part funded....

15. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

Driver Since:
    Every bill must justify a Constitutional reason to create law. Representative Neal used the 16th amendment (income tax), and Clause1, Section 8, of Article 1 of the Constitution.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To establish the program: the US Treasury shall, from
    7 time to time transfer an amount equal to the proceeds of
    United States Code, in an amount necessary to fund
    2 the loan program under section 4 of this Act, as deter-
    3 mined in consultation with the Director of the Pension Re-
    4 habilitation Administration established under section 2.

It's a bailout from the Taxpayers. Just like TARP

The CBO has not yet calculated the cost to the taxpayers.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    mysticobra likes this.