Hr 397 Moved, 6/11/2019

Why are you calling me names? You said Obama didn't do anything to protect pensions in 2012. I said we had ERISA until 2014 when the republicans attached Kline-Miller to the funding bill. As much as I would have liked Obama to not sign the bill I do understand why he didn't shut the government down over it.

And if the truth be told the MPRA of 2014 has helped some funds to rehabilitate . By lowering pension benefits by 20% has helped my pension in the NY Allied fund. But the bulk of my pension comes from another fund which is beyond help from any MPRA actions. We're looking at a 65% cut next year when we run out of money and the PBGC steps in.............. What have I posted that makes me an idiot? So why the name calling?
I called you a moron because I already stated 2014 was when he signed the omnibus bill. I was stating he had the house and the senate in 2012 and congress could have wrote bills to protect these pension funds before the 2014 deadline. He even wrote about fixing the problem in January 2014. Hence my previous post. So he had it in mind but then screwed us anyway.

I called you a moron because I already stated 2014 was when he signed the omnibus bill. I was stating he had the house and the senate in 2012 and congress could have wrote bills to protect these pension funds before the 2014 deadline. He even wrote about fixing the problem in January 2014. Hence my previous post. So he had it in mind but then screwed us anyway.
But Obama didn't need to protect pensions in 2012. The ERISA protection was still in effect.

But Obama didn't need to protect pensions in 2012. The ERISA protection was still in effect.
I know that. But they could have made legislation to extend protect and live up to the democrats promise to fix the problem. No one is fixing this nightmare. It is political *******. There is 10 million pension participants and 350 million plus people in the United States. Sorry for calling names. Just passionate about this cause and how no political party is going to touch this crap. It’s a no win for them.

I know that. But they could have made legislation to extend protect and live up to the democrats promise to fix the problem. No one is fixing this nightmare. It is political *******. There is 10 million pension participants and 350 million plus people in the United States. Sorry for calling names. Just passionate about this cause and how no political party is going to touch this crap. It’s a no win for them.
I want to apologize. We are on the same side.I had the same fight with Jimmy and he didn’t deserve it either. We are all on the same side as far as wanting what we have earned. I know it’s not a great apology but that is what we got! From the local moron himnself! Sorry!

As I sit here watching the house Ways and Means committee hearings on H R 397 it's partisan politics as usual. The democrats passed it 25-17 along party lines. It now moves to the house floor for debate. At least that's a step in the right direction.

I want to apologize. We are on the same side.I had the same fight with Jimmy and he didn’t deserve it either. We are all on the same side as far as wanting what we have earned. I know it’s not a great apology but that is what we got! From the local moron himnself! Sorry!

You have my respect.

https://teamster.org/news/2019/07/teamsters-applaud-ways-and-means-vote-approve-pension-reform-bill

EuFY46A.jpg

Critical Legislation Now Moves To House For Vote
:hyper:

FM1
You were quoted in an article I just read about the closing of the New Penn HQ.
You may have read it already.
:1036316054:

"Speculation began almost immediately on TruckingBoards.com, a bulletin board for unionized employees, as to what YRC’s next move would be. A poster who goes by the handle of “FreightMaster1” surmised that the company may close the Holland and Reddaway headquarters, located in Michigan and Oregon, respectively, and merge them into YRC’s central operation in Overland Park, as it is doing with New Penn."

It’s not a bailout, it’s a loan
It's new Bureacracy created only to BAIL OUT Pensions. If it makes you feel less guilty calling it a loan, go ahead and fool yourself all you want. But calling dungheaps beds of roses doesn't change reality. Read the bill and the articles. The government doesn't expect the Pensions to be able to pay the final payment, when the principal comes due.

"Would a rose, by any other name, smell as sweet?" William Shakespeare

If all that was required was a loan, we'd have gone to Deutsche Bank ten years ago. If this passes, I'll take it. It bails out those yet to retire who have no hope otherwise.

But realize- Pelosi doesn't do things for no reason. She'll cite morality of a bailout; but- boiled to its essence- this is using Public Funds to pander to a predominantly Democrat Special Interest group as we head to the 2020 election. The "loan " is expected to be paid back with votes , not money.

It's the Grand Illusion.

Last edited:
I have a great idea to solve this problem. Take the money and distribute it to current retirees and then let all of the idiots that voted for this new contract with NO PENSION provisions to figure out your own retirement since none of you yes voters cared at all about those of us that are retired. All of you could only see the raise you were getting Way to sell the retirees out.

I have a great idea to solve this problem. Take the money and distribute it to current retirees and then let all of the idiots that voted for this new contract with NO PENSION provisions to figure out your own retirement since none of you yes voters cared at all about those of us that are retired. All of you could only see the raise you were getting Way to sell the retirees out.
Wouldn't matter.
I wouldn't call ex fellow co-workers idiots.
They have their lives to live. It's like them calling retirees idiots. Are we? Course not.
The majority of employees voted. I think it was a record turnout for.a contract vote.

Can't close and distribute the fund without Congress changing the law.

Changes in the YRCW contract couldn't save the fund. If you are retired, that contract doesnt affect you. Your comments fit the definition of a Meester, since you only want YOUR part funded....

Every bill must justify a Constitutional reason to create law. Representative Neal used the 16th amendment (income tax), and Clause1, Section 8, of Article 1 of the Constitution.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To establish the program: the US Treasury shall, from
7 time to time transfer an amount equal to the proceeds of
United States Code, in an amount necessary to fund
2 the loan program under section 4 of this Act, as deter-
3 mined in consultation with the Director of the Pension Re-
4 habilitation Administration established under section 2.

It's a bailout from the Taxpayers. Just like TARP

The CBO has not yet calculated the cost to the taxpayers.

Last edited: