Yellow | Huge Management Layoff at UPS

Not exactly true.... I brought that up since you think unions are a problem....same thing as the ATA...management types talk about the " extortion" by unions when they do the same things with the ATA, and shippers do it with brokers...and of course the "free market" really isn't free since they stack the deck by going to the government to import drivers to drive wages down...
Would this be the same government that bailed out your pension funds?

1). I never said they work cheaper, what I said is they depress wages by not having a truly free market. If they can pay them 35 cents a mile and they have a few dumb Americans (guys who can't or won't get good jobs) working for that then they are set.

If you have to pay those on H2B Visa's equal or more than their US Citizen counterpart, by definition they have zero effect on US Wages or bring them up.

If you have American's willing to take the job for 35 cents/mile THEY are the ones depressing the wage.

2.) Oh please, do you really think they are going to complain about this? Or they give them a 20 dollar a day stipend. Problem solved.

Yes. We aren't talking about illegal immigrants who are afraid of being deported.

3.) You hire another one from a competitor and they hire yours. That is one reason truckload has horrendous turnover.
Go to a truck stop or a big shipper and you will see what I mean.
You could also Google "trucking companies that sponsor immigrants" and get many hits.

I've certainly seen the change in demographics of the OTR driver pool over the years. What I haven't done is poll them about their immigration/citizenship status.

If you have to pay those on H2B Visa's equal or more than their US Citizen counterpart, by definition they have zero effect on US Wages or bring them up.

If you have American's willing to take the job for 35 cents/mile THEY are the ones depressing the wage.

Yes. We aren't talking about illegal immigrants who are afraid of being deported.

I've certainly seen the change in demographics of the OTR driver pool over the years. What I haven't done is poll them about their immigration/citizenship status.
1) They are both bringing down wages. If they couldn't bring these people in, they would have to pay more to fill the seats. How many people go to truck driving school and quit, when they see the conditions and real pay?

2.). Troublemakers don't keep jobs, they get fired and black balled.

3.) You don't have to poll anyone to have an opinion, you know mine. What is your opinion as to why this is?

I feel for these people and understand why they are coming here, I just don't like what it has done to wages and benefits.

We had a huge wreck loss of life on I70 because of it. Surely you are not advocating this BS

One of my coworkers wives friends actually died because of that fool. NO FOREIGN truckers and by way that guy couldn't speak the language needed a translator at trial. You anti union pro business types have lost your minds

I may have wrecks messed up I will have to check but I70 dood for sure didn't speak English. My buddy off today brain is scrambled from class so can't say 100 percent same one. For sure only US citizens should be driving unless they crossed the border in their own trucks

1) They are both bringing down wages. If they couldn't bring these people in, they would have to pay more to fill the seats. How many people go to truck driving school and quit, when they see the conditions and real pay?

3.) You don't have to poll anyone to have an opinion, you know mine. What is your opinion as to why this is?

I feel for these people and understand why they are coming here, I just don't like what it has done to wages and benefits.

I'm certain the truck driving school graduates still employed in the same field 5 years later is pretty darn low. I don't know that it's the conditions and pay, rather they figure out it's not what they expected.

I believe a couple of major factors are in play, least of which is corporations wanting open borders for cheaper labor. People fleeing 3rd-world countries to come here view modestly paying jobs that look like work as opportunity. Kids graduating high school looking at many trades and/or college don't view driving a truck for a living as appealing opportunity.

NO FOREIGN truckers and by way that guy couldn't speak the language needed a translator at trial. You anti union pro business types have lost your minds
Sounds like the guys' skill, or lack thereof, operating a truck safely had everything to do with the collision, not the country on his birth certificate or his native language. You anti legal immigrant folks have lost your minds ;)

Sounds like the guys' skill, or lack thereof, operating a truck safely had everything to do with the collision, not the country on his birth certificate or his native language. You anti legal immigrant folks have lost your minds ;)
Think we should take care of AMERICANS first if that is lost or losing my mind proudly Guilty.

Think we should take care of AMERICANS first if that is lost or losing my mind proudly Guilty.

How about US Citizens and Veterans first regardless of where they were born? Is that some common ground we can agree on?

By take care of, do you mean support them financially or give them right of first refusal in opportunities?

Why do union support the very people who are opening our borders to bring in millions of illegal immigrants.

in 2020 alone unions gave democrats $1.6 BILLION.

Unions must be happy with illegal immigrants driving down wages.

Our pension funds, remember? What's your point? Never said the government does things right...
Except regulation. Regulated trucking that increases costs on every American is fine with you because it benefits your small special interest group.

Except regulation. Regulated trucking that increases costs on every American is fine with you because it benefits your small special interest group.
That's funny coming from you....you say you didn't support the pension bailout, but then in a post you said, "As wrong as it is, I hope it's true." when Butch Lewis got passed. It's ok for you, even though your group was even smaller than mine!

I remember two similar management shop positions, one being considered an assistant. That was SOP for many years. The one considered to be the leader retired & nobody was hired to take his place. The one considered to be the assistant took over & did both jobs. He was usually finished with the paper work in 2-3 hours that both previously had done. I compared that to paying two drivers to be in the same truck cab at the same time. One actually driving & the other giving directions.
If the company is still profitable after management type jobs are eliminated, then it is likely that some were not essential.

If the company is still profitable after management type jobs are eliminated, then it is likely that some were not essential.

Essential is different than warranted.

Not every position contributes to the bottom line but is required for a company to function. You don't just continue to eliminate jobs as your profit approaches zero, justifying it with "we're still profitable, those jobs must not have been essential".

I order from Amazon and they're delivered by Amazon, USPS, Fed Ex and UPS.
That's for now. Amazon is doing most of their own deliveries in major metropolitan areas that have reasonably (or better) high population density. Trouble is, they're now branching out into hauling other entities' packages as well.