FedEx Freight | I hate Fedex Freight so much ....I've decided to stay.

Agree, absolutely. BUT... It's NOT the best LTL that has EVER been. The companies they acquired actually were among the best to have even been.

My opinion. Feel free to try and change my mind...

:smilie93c peelout:
I think several of us in this industry have bounced around some.
It seems to me pre computers was a very good time.
Would you be talking about Carolina?
A friend of mine worked there.

I loved trucking and some of the people I mentored in my life but things have changed and the lying , disrespect and the back stabbers of today and recent past are enough ! Young people talk to me about it and SS just says to stay away , stay away . There are plenty of good and far safer jobs that pay as well with better benefits . Don't do it to your body and mind . WTF you don't know how to shift a truck and only can drive a automatic , pretty damn sad . You can't pull a 53 and I can't get my truck in there . Lazy , lazy is what it amounts to . I know what we did in the name of our families and am proud of many you member , some of which we even have one another's cell . I think much of this falls on the management and mismanagement of our companies .
Oh Boy!!! Now you’ve done it. Slave will be here soon to respond with a novel that has multiple chapters.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Speaking of which, if Blackrock and Vanguard have a shareholders meeting, I've got a bone to pick with them. These translucent 20+ year old junky 53 footers. I can bring pics like these and make their stock values plummet!!!

Screenshot_20221211-144037_Photos.md.jpeg

A little "Inside Baseball"
We have our own forum we post on for internal affairs.
We have basically what we refer to as "The A-hole Policy"
The A-hole Policy is a policy were we have decided long ago that we don't ban people for being Assholes because if we did we would have a few members and no mods left.

Everybody has a bad day and we treat people who have been here a long time differently than a n00b, Long time members who snap usually only get warnings and possibly the post deleted. Most users who sign up with guns blazing usually gets banned because they are person that has usually been previously banned, we have several ways to determine this and after over 20 years in the forum business. Forums are best when mods have to do nothing, the one thing we are strict on is what's called filter evasion. Certain words are censored for a reason, Don't skirt these censors by typing it a different way. We don't have to ban many and to be honest it's not what we want to do.
This site is pretty great once you block a few of the psychos. But even through all their weird anti-semitism and what-not, I wouldn't want them banned. I just can't let certain things into my brain, which is MY problem. Not anyone else's.

This site is pretty great once you block a few of the psychos. But even through all their weird anti-semitism and what-not, I wouldn't want them banned. I just can't let certain things into my brain, which is MY problem. Not anyone else's.
You just broke the truck drivers code. You should only point out everyone else’s problems. Never your own!!!

What is the policy on members who say, break or lose mirrors, and sun visors? Not that we have any.
Well here is a reply on broken mirrors at wonderful FXF. While hostling as I did 4 hours a day with a 300 mile run, broke one of their 10$ mirrors on a yard horse. Next day have to be in on a mandatory phone call to safety in Harrison. The Center Mgr, the ASM, the local safety guy and our direct supervisor on the phone with The regional safety Mgr and some other safety clown in Harrison. 6 mgmt personnel to tell me that broken mirror is serious business driver, just cost you 18 years safe driving. Start from scratch now. People First!

Well here is a reply on broken mirrors at wonderful FXF. While hostling as I did 4 hours a day with a 300 mile run, broke one of their 10$ mirrors on a yard horse. Next day have to be in on a mandatory phone call to safety in Harrison. The Center Mgr, the ASM, the local safety guy and our direct supervisor on the phone with The regional safety Mgr and some other safety clown in Harrison. 6 mgmt personnel to tell me that broken mirror is serious business driver, just cost you 18 years safe driving. Start from scratch now. People First!

That's why I refuse to hostle and I tell the new guys not to do it either (some listen some don't). I get paid the same to chit chat with the guys while sitting on my forklift.

Sounds like the lost time from the 6 management people, the phone call, and paperwork, cost them more than the mirror?

It hasn't bothered me at all.
Your the one answering the thread.
I made the point that almost every thread on the FedEx forum gets hijacked by people who hate this company.
I then asked why if its that bad people would stay.
Its looks as though you work at ABF.
In my opinion probably the best LTL go there is.
11 years in and its more of a sunk cost fallacy. Otherwise I would leave and start off at the bottom somewhere else.