I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
I'm headed out this morning to look at 4. They say the last quarter was a record for car sales, so these next couple of months there should be a good selection of used ones around. I'm seeing a lot on Craigslist where you see a new truck in the background, on private listings. Happy hunting.
I'm looking in the same price range but, specifically 95-98 Silverado Z71 or Sierra. My son is building a 383 Stroker motor, and it would slide right into to 1 of those .lol.

My 2003 F150 XLT has 167,000 on it, been looking at a 2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with a Hemi...$25800, looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on that real soon. Chevy and Ford are MADLY in love with their P/U's because they aren't coming off the sticker price at all.......When it comes to used P/U's it's buyers beware, you have little or no idea how it was taken care off.

I got a beat to hell 03 Dodge 4x4 gaser I'll sell ya, got 94k on the clock, I say beat to hell, it has hail damage, and bumps and stuff from being used, when it was new and in pristine condition, I would always park in bfe and some douche would always park next to me, people are dicks!

I got a beat to hell 03 Dodge 4x4 gaser I'll sell ya, got 94k on the clock, I say beat to hell, it has hail damage, and bumps and stuff from being used, when it was new and in pristine condition, I would always park in bfe and some douche would always park next to me, people are dicks!
I'd consider it if it was powered with a good Cummins diesel. I'm not too worried about cosmetics but I want solid and no rust.

Ford chassis, Dodge Cummins with the Allison trans from a GMC. Short of that combination all diesel pickups have a major compromise or two to make.

Dig around the web and you will find no shortage of people who have dropped an early ISB into Ford and Chevy pickups.

Gotta be a reason.

. . . . . . when it was new and in pristine condition, I would always park in bfe and some douche would always park next to me, people are dicks!

I hear ya GT. I have always taken pride in my rides and park way out at the back of the parking lots, usually on the end of an aisle. And almost always there will be a clapped out slag heap so close I can hardly get the door open.

Some people.

Sheesh!

Come to Az

2004 Ford F350 4x4 Diesel - Truck For Sale

2004 Ford F350 Diesel 4x4 - $10,800...157,000miles
12291760963_4d1ba0025d_b.jpg

The thought has crossed my mind. I searched the Dallas Craig's List ads and brushed up on my Spanish a bit. Then I roamed the other ads and found that they were more beat up and more expensive there than they are here.

Dig around the web and you will find no shortage of people who have dropped an early ISB into Ford and Chevy pickups.

Gotta be a reason.

yeah, but then too....how was the "drop" done.>??

i can not recall as of right now, but in my day, i have seen "dropped" engines in all types of vehicles and i can assure you that i have seen many a hack jobs. then too...how many miles was on the "dropped" engine..??? and was there any control chip modification that caused any damage..??

The thought has crossed my mind. I searched the Dallas Craig's List ads and brushed up on my Spanish a bit. Then I roamed the other ads and found that they were more beat up and more expensive there than they are here.

AB...

buying used can be a very daunting task.. i know YOU ant used..

i have NOT bought used since my last used car, which was a Ford Pinto, back in or about 1977..

truly was a GREAT car....

but buying used, presents itself with so many variables of dependability, crash damages, which may NOT show up on a carfax, especially if the repair shop is not connected with carfax in any way..as i "see it", dealerships are members of carfax, and maybe only a handful of repairs shops..

what if what you see looks great, sounds great, has LOW miles, but was in a sever crash, and the owner did the repairs cuz he OWNED the body shop..?? think he's gonna report damages..??

used can afford someone with a lower buying price, lower sales and property taxes, but no warranty....what will YOU do if you buy a used truck, and the motor blows, or the tranny blows a few weeks after the purchase, and you have NO warranty..??

this is why i stopped buying used. for the cash outlay and the piece of mind, i go new..and keep 'em till they drop dead, or i tire of it, and trade in..

i wish you well in your endeavor, but i certainly do not envy your quest.....

yeah, but then too....how was the "drop" done.>??

i can not recall as of right now, but in my day, i have seen "dropped" engines in all types of vehicles and i can assure you that i have seen many a hack jobs. then too...how many miles was on the "dropped" engine..??? and was there any control chip modification that caused any damage..??

AB...

buying used can be a very daunting task.. i know YOU ant used..

i have NOT bought used since my last used car, which was a Ford Pinto, back in or about 1977..

truly was a GREAT car....

but buying used, presents itself with so many variables of dependability, crash damages, which may NOT show up on a carfax, especially if the repair shop is not connected with carfax in any way..as i "see it", dealerships are members of carfax, and maybe only a handful of repairs shops..

what if what you see looks great, sounds great, has LOW miles, but was in a sever crash, and the owner did the repairs cuz he OWNED the body shop..?? think he's gonna report damages..??

used can afford someone with a lower buying price, lower sales and property taxes, but no warranty....what will YOU do if you buy a used truck, and the motor blows, or the tranny blows a few weeks after the purchase, and you have NO warranty..??

this is why i stopped buying used. for the cash outlay and the piece of mind, i go new..and keep 'em till they drop dead, or i tire of it, and trade in..

i wish you well in your endeavor, but i certainly do not envy your quest.....
In the case of trucks, there's about 20k to 30k ($$$$$) reasons to buy used...lol. I've never seen a 30k transmission but, I suppose they exist, someplace..lol

You might be able to get him down a bunch on price. Give him a couple weeks of getting stupid calls from people asking if he'll take payments, trade for lowered Honda's etc..and he might just give it to you for 10k..lol....since the dealer probably offered him 8k for a trade.
I'm hoping he either takes his ad down or adds 'sold' to the header if it sells so I can see how he does.
I found a real winner for $10,000, 2003 w/plow and all but it had the 6.0 L engine.

I looked at a 98' on Saturday, at a big Chevy/Cadillac new car dealer. Practically got mugged getting out of my car. They must be paying salesman for just getting peoples personal info nowadays cause, even though I said I wasn't interested in the POS, he still wanted my name etc. I said "why? I have NO interest in the truck or any other overpriced POS you have" He said "so his boss knows he's doing his job"...I pointed at the sign on the building "24 hr video surveillance" and said "there's your proof, have a nice day"...I'll NEVER stop there again!!

I'm hoping he either takes his ad down or adds 'sold' to the header if it sells so I can see how he does.
I found a real winner for $10,000, 2003 w/plow and all but it had the 6.0 L engine.
I've heard the older diesels are in high demand $$ these days cause nobody wants the new ones with all the emissions crap and DEF. I don't see too many at dealerships pre 07, for more than a week.
So you end up with these with almost 300k on them for just under 10k (although it does look good)
1997 Ford F250 XLT 7.3 Diesel Turbo 4x4 Extra Cab
1997 Ford f250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 XLT

Just an FYI the 2002 throughout the next several years of GMC the transmissions contain a known problem and go to pot around 100K. My Yukon, my neighbors Yukon XL, AND their Silverado spit out transmissions within 10,000 miles of one another. Once replaced with the proper parts they go forever, those are around that $10,000 price range in this area are in that group of used trucks for sale.

It's the 4L60E transmission, they put this particular beast in a whole group of GMC and Chevy's. If it's original, I would avoid it. Just my two cents.

Just an FYI the 2002 throughout the next several years of GMC the transmissions contain a known problem and go to pot around 100K. My Yukon, my neighbors Yukon XL, AND their Silverado spit out transmissions within 10,000 miles of one another. Once replaced with the proper parts they go forever, those are around that $10,000 price range in this area are in that group of used trucks for sale.

It's the 4L60E transmission, they put this particular beast in a whole group of GMC and Chevy's. If it's original, I would avoid it. Just my two cents.
I think that's the TCC solenoid that causes the problems eventually. I just replaced mine, when I changed fluid and filter

I can't recall what the part was, but it wrecked all the hard parts in the transmission.

Sent from my drone magnet