I Need a New Truck. Any Recommendations?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
Yep. Looks good but I'd bet it would ride better with 265 75 16 and normal suspension.

The existing contraption is DOA. Four good wheels and tires, rear doors are good enough to use, has a nice Dana limited slip rear in it and the tranny is good. I'll run it up on the trailer, advertise the good stuff for any scavengers on Craig's List and run what's left to the local scrap yard. I have never sold a used car to anyone but the scrap yard in my life. I milk 'em dry.

I was checking out new trucks online, at a local dealer. They had a payment calculator that went all the way to 240 months!!! Is that for real?

I was checking out new trucks online, at a local dealer. They had a payment calculator that went all the way to 240 months!!! Is that for real?
I don't know but it's getting more and more out of hand all the time. Funny thing I remember when I was a tinsel toothed punk and my older sister bought a new car my father was beside himself that she got a THREE YEAR FRIGGIN' LOAN on the thing!!!!!!

I don't know but it's getting more and more out of hand all the time. Funny thing I remember when I was a tinsel toothed punk and my older sister bought a new car my father was beside himself that she got a THREE YEAR FRIGGIN' LOAN on the thing!!!!!!
LOL...I played around with that calculator. You could buy a 2014 loaded z71 for only 266 a month....FOR 20 YEARS!!!
Sure does make the 90's used trucks look REAL good

I made one payment on my 96. I was going to stretch it into 2, but decided to leave my car there and drive the truck home, retrieving the car later.

Guardrail

Holy crap, 240 months? The government takes over General Motors and now you have to mortgage their vehicles? Sounds about right I guess.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Just an FYI the 2002 throughout the next several years of GMC the transmissions contain a known problem and go to pot around 100K. My Yukon, my neighbors Yukon XL, AND their Silverado spit out transmissions within 10,000 miles of one another. Once replaced with the proper parts they go forever, those are around that $10,000 price range in this area are in that group of used trucks for sale.

It's the 4L60E transmission, they put this particular beast in a whole group of GMC and Chevy's. If it's original, I would avoid it. Just my two cents.

My daughter in law learned the hard way about that transmission.About 1600 bucks worth.Stories all over the internet about that POS.

My daughter in law learned the hard way about that transmission.About 1600 bucks worth.Stories all over the internet about that POS.

Yeah we learned the hard way, and our neighbor friends got a double whammy. Should have done my research a bit more thoroughly but we just had a month to decide what to get within our budget and enough room to haul 6 kiddos and two adults. Now that my niece and nephew moved away I should have found the one that had the two bucket seats in the middle row so it was easier to load and unload our four kids. Hind sight is twenty twenty. Cost us about $2000, but I had someone else do the heavy lifting. Other than that I love the Yukon, so I guess it was (Brian's) well spent money. :D

I like the Yukon well enough to deal with the glitch the transmission had considering that once the part was replaced correcting the known issue the transmission works great and from all reports there are no other major problems with it.

Those Yukons are great station wagons. You can put a whole litter in there and all your stuff for vacation. I enjoyed my van for the years it served me for pulling boats, hauling motorcycles and storage when my front porch got full. Really like that storage feature of a van but I'm thinking pickup truck this time around. I figure if I really want I can keep the van for storage and have it all.

I kinda knew you weren't looking for a SUV, I just originally wanted to warn you about the transmissions in them that also run in the pickups. Got off subject slightly, lol. :D

Those Yukons are great station wagons. You can put a whole litter in there and all your stuff for vacation. I enjoyed my van for the years it served me for pulling boats, hauling motorcycles and storage when my front porch got full. Really like that storage feature of a van but I'm thinking pickup truck this time around. I figure if I really want I can keep the van for storage and have it all.
Vans are awesome! My first car was a van. Walls and ceiling carpeted, smelled like my Dad's pipe tobacco, had 4 captains chairs, a bed, card table....we called it "The Booze mobile". My cousin had 1 with a Cemetery mural painted on the sides, and red velvet walls, we called that "The LOVE Shack" ...FUN TIMES!!

Vans are awesome! My first car was a van. Walls and ceiling carpeted, smelled like my Dad's pipe tobacco, had 4 captains chairs, a bed, card table....we called it "The Booze mobile". My cousin had 1 with a Cemetery mural painted on the sides, and red velvet walls, we called that "The LOVE Shack" ...FUN TIMES!!

That just sounds very creepy and/or the start of a horrible adult film, lol.

Sent from my drone magnet

Holy crap......if this hearse is rockin don't come a knockin.

I could tell ya some stories....one time...oh never mind, that would get me banned..lol

Did I mention, it had house speakers under the bed? It was trend setting, now everybody wants a big speaker box in their trunk

I can only imagine the pick up lines. I'm sure checking out the stiff in the back played in there somehow