TForce | I need a post from everyone here...

peteb2006

TB Lurker
Credits
You all know me here and I work out of GVL. about a week ago our SCM gave us all a piece of paper with Detention charges and time limits on it. We were told that we had a certain amount of minutes per stop and that we were to inform our customers that they would be charged if they did not abide by our time limits. Our terminal manager had our dispatcher tell everyone that this was a company wide decision and ALL terminals were doing this..... here's where I need your posts.... tell me if your terminal is doing the same thing and what terminal you represent. I want to prove to our drivers that our managment runs over us and we should not take the crap anymore... so anyone who doesn't mind sending a post I will print them off and show our drivers that no one else is or isn't doing the same thing..... screen names is all that will be seen, so please don't be afraid to respond.. thanks guys

You all know me here and I work out of GVL. about a week ago our SCM gave us all a piece of paper with Detention charges and time limits on it. We were told that we had a certain amount of minutes per stop and that we were to inform our customers that they would be charged if they did not abide by our time limits. Our terminal manager had our dispatcher tell everyone that this was a company wide decision and ALL terminals were doing this..... here's where I need your posts.... tell me if your terminal is doing the same thing and what terminal you represent. I want to prove to our drivers that our managment runs over us and we should not take the crap anymore... so anyone who doesn't mind sending a post I will print them off and show our drivers that no one else is or isn't doing the same thing..... screen names is all that will be seen, so please don't be afraid to respond.. thanks guys

I think that this is B.S. as far as I know, this would destroy our business. If my Tm stated this I would call Hr that day., and also tell all my customers to do the same thing. I would also tell the customers to call my manager and ask for his boss and tell him that they will never pay any such thing for delays. Your Tm sounds like a piece of work. Tell him that all customers will be directed to his office. Just because he bills them, doesn't mean they will pay anything. We have a customer that has long delays and they will pay no delay charges, they say they will find another carrier, so the company just deals with it. :1036316054: Good luck!

We were told to start putting in Aesosoerio sorry I don't know how to spell this term.
But we were told to add this entery to our Diad everytime we do a sort,and seg,or inside delivery,or private res.,delivery,or pickup.
I don't have a clue if my TM,or supervisors have told our customers anything about detention charges for taking to much time to perform a delivery,or pickup?
But I know that my TM does charge our customers because he tells me he's going to do it if I have to wait very long for a dock.

huh?

I haven't heard this but I don't see how our terminal could charge for detention time when it takes my dispatcher 20 min to get back with me for whatever the issue may be. I can't leave, I can't deliver and I can't take lunch. I sit and wait constantly. I'm just greatful i get paid by the hour. :Duel:

I hope this does go thru. I wil grab up any customer I can in the city. I will spread the word and get some more freight for RDWY. I do not mind waiting and our dispatch understands it takes what it takes, as long as we get their freight. Thanks for the post I will spread it around to other city drivers at my terminal and others. Tell your bosses good luck with the time limit thing, tell your customer RDWY does not mind waiting a couple more minutes to make the customer HAPPY. THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT WHATEVER IT TAKES. GOOD LUCK TELLL YOUR BOSSES IT IS A GREAT WAY TO LOSE FREIGHT. Tell them we have plenty of trailers and drivers. This way we could get some of my brothers back to work. You can print this and show it to your boss. Why he is worried about time limits I will be out getting their freight. We have a saying here at 120 and it is not directed to you. ASK YOUR BOSS HOW IS THAT WORKING FOR YOU STUPID!!!!!

Good luck with that one...

We were told that we had a certain amount of minutes per stop and that we were to inform our customers that they would be charged if they did not abide by our time limits.
Take your TM with you on your next construction job site delivery. See how he feels about this after 30 min of waiting for someone with a skytrack or forklift or someone who can speak english for that matter. Let alone someone who gives a flying crap about time limits and extra charges. :hysterical: Most of these places are here one day and gone the next. They will never collect anything from these customers.

I hope this does go thru. I wil grab up any customer I can in the city. I will spread the word and get some more freight for RDWY. I do not mind waiting and our dispatch understands it takes what it takes, as long as we get their freight. Thanks for the post I will spread it around to other city drivers at my terminal and others. Tell your bosses good luck with the time limit thing, tell your customer RDWY does not mind waiting a couple more minutes to make the customer HAPPY. THAT IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT WHATEVER IT TAKES. GOOD LUCK TELLL YOUR BOSSES IT IS A GREAT WAY TO LOSE FREIGHT. Tell them we have plenty of trailers and drivers. This way we could get some of my brothers back to work. You can print this and show it to your boss. Why he is worried about time limits I will be out getting their freight. We have a saying here at 120 and it is not directed to you. ASK YOUR BOSS HOW IS THAT WORKING FOR YOU STUPID!!!!!
Stroud120, thats all fine and good. But you better tell your sister company to get off their a$$es and go pick up the freight they have been leaving on shipping docks everywhere for days. They aren't even being consciderate and calling the Big R for backup. So before you lay your reputation on the line, I'd start by talking it up on your own company thread. Right now the YRC ship is listing hard to port and Capt'n Bill Dollars is laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of his subsidaries. But if you want, you can look on the bright side, we'll be hiring!!! :1036316054:

Up here we hardly ever do that unless its a major screw up on the consignee or shipper. Your TM must have gotten their a$$ held to the fire for production and is looking to compensate for their lack luster mangerial performances.

We were told to start putting in Aesosoerio sorry I don't know how to spell this term.

I think you were trying to say: Accessorial Charges.

Charges made for performing freight services beyond normal pick up and delivery such as inside delivery, waiting time, fuel surcharges, storage charges etc.

Maybe your TM and dispatcher are just reminding everyone and including the customers that the customer will be charged detention after the first hour provided the customer is not making any effort to get the freight off the truck.

Your TM should study up on some of the customers. Most of the customers have stuff written in their contracts, like waived detention charges.
So, before he has ya'll flying off the handle, he/she might want to do some research before they look a little dumb!!!

If I had a delivery and it was not normal, I would just right on the D.R. - csdl, inde, detn or whatever was done and let them just bill them back.
But alot of the time these charges are waived depending on who the shipper or consignee is.

this is nothing new, it was the same with overnite, it was called retention time.

residential, Churchs and construction sites already pay an extra charge.

When I did p&d I told the customers they only have a certian amount of time, most told me whatever take it back, then I told them if they refuse it there will be a redelivery fee, if they said send it back to the shipper, I told them we will only do that if we ship it freight collect for those charges and your charges if they don't pay for all of them, we will auction the shipment off.

This was standard procedure down here.

Stroud120, thats all fine and good. But you better tell your sister company to get off their a$$es and go pick up the freight they have been leaving on shipping docks everywhere for days. They aren't even being consciderate and calling the Big R for backup. So before you lay your reputation on the line, I'd start by talking it up on your own company thread. Right now the YRC ship is listing hard to port and Capt'n Bill Dollars is laughing all the way to the bank at the expense of his subsidaries. But if you want, you can look on the bright side, we'll be hiring!!! :1036316054:

Yes, Yellow and RDWY is not setting the world on fire up here with thier new pickup schedules, I seem to be getting the freight as well.

Appearently they do not need it. Accessorial charges have always been around but never did we take it to any customers attention 10 min. and out or we will charge, unless it is called for, grocery warehouses, pharmacueticals warehouses, etc.etc. unless we know upfront by appointment.

So Grits...Im up the road from you in Charlotte and we haven't had anything like that yet.

Sounds Like Ups.you Think Next That If Freight Dont Get There Own Doorway They Will Charge The Customer For That?i See Your Company Losing Alot Of Freight And I Will Be On The Phone With Are Gvl Terminal To Let Them Know What Freight Is Doing Maybe Are Sales Team Can Warn The Customers Before Ups Throws This Trash In There Face. Well I Hope They Do It Company Wide Because I Am Sure There Are Going To Be Freight Companies Just Waiting On Them To Do This. I Guess This Wont Hurt Them To Bad Like The Millions Of Dollars They Lost Last Quarter. Ups Freight Next In Line..........