TForce | I need a post from everyone here...

Sounds Like Ups.you Think Next That If Freight Dont Get There Own Doorway They Will Charge The Customer For That?i See Your Company Losing Alot Of Freight And I Will Be On The Phone With Are Gvl Terminal To Let Them Know What Freight Is Doing Maybe Are Sales Team Can Warn The Customers Before Ups Throws This Trash In There Face. Well I Hope They Do It Company Wide Because I Am Sure There Are Going To Be Freight Companies Just Waiting On Them To Do This. I Guess This Wont Hurt Them To Bad Like The Millions Of Dollars They Lost Last Quarter. Ups Freight Next In Line..........

Maybe you should read the post again so you have some what of an idea of what you are talking about, Little boy. :chairshot:

Sounds Like Ups.you Think Next That If Freight Dont Get There Own Doorway They Will Charge The Customer For That?i See Your Company Losing Alot Of Freight And I Will Be On The Phone With Are Gvl Terminal To Let Them Know What Freight Is Doing Maybe Are Sales Team Can Warn The Customers Before Ups Throws This Trash In There Face. Well I Hope They Do It Company Wide Because I Am Sure There Are Going To Be Freight Companies Just Waiting On Them To Do This. I Guess This Wont Hurt Them To Bad Like The Millions Of Dollars They Lost Last Quarter. Ups Freight Next In Line..........

Get Informed before you post.:chairshot:
Freight revenue was up 12.2%
Shipments were increasing 7.8% per day
4th quarter boosts to 525 million

Time to get on your 10 speed and run little boy!!!:butt kiss:

All carriers are doing whatever they can to recover delay time. Locally, I had heard from one of my customers that UPSF was adding an additional charge for a "double drop" at one of the customers we share where only one drop door was available.

It is company wide. We received it here in Miami as well. You don't have to preach it to the customers. You just have to use it when somebody is taking long, really long. It actually worked for me at a stop last week. The guy ran and opened an extra door just for me and he personally unloaded me. Mind you, he was the warehouse manager. I think it's pretty good considering the second page shows a time chart based on the weight of their freight. If you are unloading a really big load you have up to 4 hours to wait.

Thanks for the correct spelling on the add on charge term.
Even though I use a dictionary sometimes I can't find the words I want to use.
Its my 7th grade education showing up.
I didn't regret quiting school when I did.
but I do now.

Well back to this thread topic.
Every company has the right to tack on waiting charges per 100 weight.
the more weight you have the longer you can wait, without charging more.
I do know all of these tariffs are under the Interstate Commerice commistions rights,and tariffs that can be legally charge on top of the general freight charges by every trucking company.

I don't really think any trucking company would last very long if they had to wait all day for one customer to get with it,and get their stuff unloaded.

You know by now that UPS's famous saying is they run the tightest ship in shipping.
So Now you are seeing them tigtening the noose on customers that are trying to make us wait around,for free.

All those words with capital letters makes it hard to follow. I just skip posts such as that one.

Yes, He works at Fedx (10speed) and likes to go to other company forums and start crap. Allthough most of the time he looks foolish because he is not well informed on most topics. I would guess that he is the young new breed driver.

Yes, He works at Fedx (10speed) and likes to go to other company forums and start crap. Allthough most of the time he looks foolish because he is not well informed on most topics. I would guess that he is the young new breed driver.

Hate and discontent....It is the way of the new young fresh driver.....It is the begining of the end.....Soon we will just use bats and rocks....Forget driving the truck....

Ok I tried reading the post again. I am a high school grad; been out of school since '73. I am surely far from perfect on using the English language. But wow, that post takes grammar misuse to a whole new level! If he is a youngster, heaven help our education system. Regardless of who he is, he is really dang uninformed.

this is nothing new, it was the same with overnite, it was called retention time.

residential, Churchs and construction sites already pay an extra charge.

When I did p&d I told the customers they only have a certian amount of time, most told me whatever take it back, then I told them if they refuse it there will be a redelivery fee, if they said send it back to the shipper, I told them we will only do that if we ship it freight collect for those charges and your charges if they don't pay for all of them, we will auction the shipment off.

This was standard procedure down here.

This is exactly why we are where we are now. Overnite Corp. was great at f***ing customers over, and Motor Cargo was great at retaining and keeping customers happy. Whose genius idea was it to adopt Overnite's business practices and ethics????? Overnite was already a huge failure on the west coast before the merger. Now that they took over MC, we are on and ugly road my friends. And that road does not lead to $$$$$$ and job security. The union can only provide so much security, if there is no freight to pick-up/deliver..... there are no jobs!

Chew on this, everyone knows that the operations on the west coast are FUBAR, correct? Tell me if you think this may have a direct relationship as to why we are struggling. MC had, and I emphasis HAD, great management that knew operations inside out. Out of the 50+ terminals and TMs we had, guess how many are still employed with us? Some MC alum and I were on conference and had this discussion. We came up with 9, and several of that 9 had been demoted and forced to take lower positions. I think its obvious what has happened, and I do not need to explain it!

UPS is one of the most successful companies ever, do you think they would make such a knee jerk reaction such as just go in and fire all the mc managers for no reason? So they just fired everyone for spite? No company operates like that there in business to make money. Not train new managers every month.

UPS is one of the most successful companies ever, do you think they would make such a knee jerk reaction such as just go in and fire all the mc managers for no reason? So they just fired everyone for spite? No company operates like that there in business to make money. Not train new managers every month.

You missed the underlying point, this was not the doing of UPS. Well, in a way it was. UPS gave upper Overnite management the reigns and guess what they did? Those arrogant a$$holes flexed their muscles and thwarted MC management of any kind of operation control. Therefore, causing 99% of any operational loss we have suffered. This is not coincidence!!!

You missed the underlying point, this was not the doing of UPS. Well, in a way it was. UPS gave upper Overnite management the reigns and guess what they did? Those arrogant a$$holes flexed their muscles and thwarted MC management of any kind of operation control. Therefore, causing 99% of any operational loss we have suffered. This is not coincidence!!!

Ah the "it was O , no it was UPS"....It is pure B.S.....It is obvious that O wanted all they could get while they could....And now it will be all those sorry ba$tards turn as they get ran out by UPS people....Lets just get on with having NOTHING left of either company....No circus looking trucks, no managment from either side to point the fingers at.....This is all SSSSOOOOO worn out.....Bring on the hammer and the union and lets shut up and TRUCK!!!!! Thank you....

Ah the "it was O , no it was UPS"....It is pure B.S.....It is obvious that O wanted all they could get while they could....And now it will be all those sorry ba$tards turn as they get ran out by UPS people....Lets just get on with having NOTHING left of either company....No circus looking trucks, no managment from either side to point the fingers at.....This is all SSSSOOOOO worn out.....Bring on the hammer and the union and lets shut up and TRUCK!!!!! Thank you....

Gee GT, tonight your insightfulness is rather insightful!!! :1036316054:

An earth shattering experience, I am beside myself and myself is beside myself, all three of us is pretty shocked.:biglaugh: But you are right.:1036316054:

UPS ate Overnite who ate Motor Cargo.
UPS planted management to learn freight who than replaced the Purple Starfishes. :hide:

What happened to the original topic on this thread?
Questions,answers and opinions on extra charges above,and beyond the normal freight rate?