TForce | I need a post from everyone here...

I like starfish. Can I pet the starfish? I will take good care of the starfish. Starfish are my friends!!!

psfzh1.png
It's ready and waiting. Already bent over the coral for unionization.

Ah the "it was O , no it was UPS"....It is pure B.S.....It is obvious that O wanted all they could get while they could....And now it will be all those sorry ba$tards turn as they get ran out by UPS people....Lets just get on with having NOTHING left of either company....No circus looking trucks, no managment from either side to point the fingers at.....This is all SSSSOOOOO worn out.....Bring on the hammer and the union and lets shut up and TRUCK!!!!! Thank you....

So you think that when we become union, it will magically fix everything? Yes, it will help boast morale, but it sure as hell will not put freight in the trucks or trailers in the door of our customers. Why? because we will have the same Overnite idiots running operations. Sorry if I offend any Overnite faithful, but the truth hurts. Its hard to go from an enjoyable work environment with MC to what is presently happening. I "WE" can only hope that UPS mmgt takes the reigns and progresses through this s*** storm.

I like our circus looking trucks, it gives us character! Much like my uniform, which some folks think I'm a Sheriff's Deputy...Back to the topic, I've yet to hear anything about this time limit for stops.

When I get reamed out by my TM for not making my stops per hour.
he says its 1.7 depending on how many miles you have to cover on your route.
Half of my route is within 5 miles of my terminal,the rest of it is out in a few rural towns to the west.
The farthest point is about 45 miles out.
But I guess my magic numbers to crunch on my route is the 1.7 he says I don't do sometimes.
Well I do have a killer shopping mall with inside deliveries that really holds my count down when I have those stores.

Whenever I get that stuff it really tires me out.
I take my lunch,and break sometime during the day,usually at the end of my shift,before I clock out.
Whenever I do that,I can count on getting my invite to see my TM before I go out on my route the next day.

I just tell him if I do the mall,and don't take any break,or my lunch I will be able to make the numbers.
he always says I have to take my lunch.
he's never said anything about taking any breaks.

I'm used to the drill,and know he is getting reamed by his boss because some of us aren't producing our numbers.

A few more weeks I'll retire and leave this rat race behind me,to live happily ever after like the childern storys end.

So you think that when we become union, it will magically fix everything? Yes, it will help boast morale, but it sure as hell will not put freight in the trucks or trailers in the door of our customers. Why? because we will have the same Overnite idiots running operations. Sorry if I offend any Overnite faithful, but the truth hurts. Its hard to go from an enjoyable work environment with MC to what is presently happening. I "WE" can only hope that UPS mmgt takes the reigns and progresses through this s*** storm.

Eric no offense, but have you been reading "People on the move" on UPSERS.

Most of the people running this company now, atleast the top brass that is, is now people who have been hired from other companies, or have been hired by UPS. UPS is controlling the top end of this company both east and west, as they most oftenly refer.

What we are going thru now is the end result of a bad economy, as well as a transitional state in this company, as well as being high priced in our rates. The union will do nothing for freight, and if they do it will be minor.

Rates that UPS personell have put in place, with all of this being said, we are in the midst of being a different company. I have worked with "O" for 13 years now and this is the worst I have ever seen things.

It's time to stop blamming "O".

I believe this is the result of a recession. Govt. does not like to say the word, much less admit it is happening. In the HRS area, Big R, ABF, Yellow all have 40-60 road men on lay off.

Just because some of our equipment still has Overnite,or Motor Cargo on them.
Overnite did close down their entire operation in April of 2006.
the first of May 2006 we magicaly turned into the freight division of UPS being known as UPS Freight.

So as Paul Harvey always says.
And now you know the rest of the story.

Just think of it like this.
the parcel division are the brown clowns we are the big brown clowns.

Just because some of our equipment still has Overnite,or Motor Cargo on them.
Overnite did close down their entire operation in April of 2006.
the first of May 2006 we magicaly turned into the freight division of UPS being known as UPS Freight.

So as Paul Harvey always says.
And now you know the rest of the story.

Just think of it like this.
the parcel division are the brown clowns we are the big brown clowns.

I prefer to be a 48' brown skidmark, sounds cooler.:1036316054::funky::funky:

No magic bullets anywhere in life.....We just need to get rid of the problems....Ugly freakin equipment.....Old management ideas...And no more pointing the finger sh!t.....It is what it is now....And nothing is going to change that......Am I saddened at where things have went...YES....But what you going to do....Protect ourselves and shut up and truck....What else you going to do????? I have a buddy that works for UPS....And I was b!tchin one night and he asked "did your check cash?" And I said it did.....He followed with" So what Is the problem?" All other things are someone elses worry.....That is what they get paid to do.....Me its just point A to point B....What else can I control?????

thats it you have the right idea greezy trucker.
We do our jobs we were hired to do,don't put any time into worry about the stuff we have no control over.
get our money at the end of each week,and enjoy our time off.
Sounds simple to me.

Now putting this plan into practise thats the key to a happy stress free life.