Yellow | I need you guys to look at this, is it real or a fake?

I can't imagine someone going to the extreme bother of typing this up simply as a hoax.
Why would New Penn guys have to end tail ? They are union , that doesn't seem right , after all the Roadway guys were allowed to dovetail at the merger with their buyer , Yellow .
I've seen some good hoax's before..

24cz51w.jpg
Who is the change committee?

I think we would lose most of this freight. Customers are used to their New Penn guy showing up , suddenly a YRC guy will show up and say "Im handling all that New Penn freight now" Yeah right , you YRC already gets your share. no more New Penn ? Use Fed Ex , Conway and maybe a little xtra for YRC.

Who ever wrote this COO up in the first place doesn't know what he is doing.NPME is under the NMFA not a separate contract.It would be a dovetail ,not endtail as it is a merger,not a buyout...And the cost would be astronomical..I think it was put together in a hurry so they could scare the Newpenn guys into voting yes.. And what I would like to know,is this done with the blessing of the IBT???

If this is rumor it doesnt belong in the YRC forum. Dont we have a place for 'heard it from a friend who heard it from a roaddriver' ?

If this is rumor it doesnt belong in the YRC forum. Dont we have a place for 'heard it from a friend who heard it from a roaddriver' ?

Although it is not a rumor,one wonders if it is true or not..A lot of what is written does not make sense...

Go read post in YRC forum IMPORTANT READ FOR............, read middle paragraph they talk about completion of intergration, affected union emloyees, customer acceptence. In mou there is clause that they have to cut 160 million in non union wages, do the math 50,000 dollar jobs would be 2700 people. My guess would be Holland will be next,again read page 13 very carefully.

Where does your math factor in the profit generated from NP? Holland and YRC are voting as one unit so they are safe unless entire unit (Holland and YRC together) vote NO. Hopefully everyone sends in their ballot. Regardless of how they vote, our futures should not be decided by a minority of members.

Who ever wrote this COO up in the first place doesn't know what he is doing.NPME is under the NMFA not a separate contract.It would be a dovetail ,not endtail as it is a merger,not a buyout...And the cost would be astronomical..I think it was put together in a hurry so they could scare the Newpenn guys into voting yes.. And what I would like to know,is this done with the blessing of the IBT???

Last week i called the IBT and they said New Penn is a white paper.
Something to do with the me too agreement?

I think we would lose most of this freight. Customers are used to their New Penn guy showing up , suddenly a YRC guy will show up and say "Im handling all that New Penn freight now" Yeah right , you YRC already gets your share. no more New Penn ? Use Fed Ex , Conway and maybe a little xtra for YRC.

I doubt you'll see a YRC truck pickin up New Penn freight..but if they end-tail I think you might see senior YRC drivers at New Penn terminals doin your thing..this is not out of the question. YRC drivers are know for being customer friendly and making customers dreams become a reality

This is the Company's way of protecting itself in case New Penn rejects the new Contract. The wording in the new MOU states that there will be equal sacrafice on every ones part. If New Penn rejects the Contract the lenders will not work with YRC and we are all out of a job as the Company will close.
If this is or was to be taken as a threat then the Company should have had this info out last week as I think most if not all Teamsters have returned their ballots. Kind of like closing the barn door after the horses get out.
As for end tailing or Dovetailing the Company proposes end tailing (Another threat) but knows that is up to the C.O.O. committie.
As always, I have a major problem with the Company sticking their noses into a Union affairs! The Company talks to the Union, Makes whatever deal then can, And then the Union presents it to the Members. We ask questions to the Union. Not the damn Company. To hear of the Company having pre-shift meetings with Members and posting letters about the vote is wrong in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the Company's way of protecting itself in case New Penn rejects the new Contract. The wording in the new MOU states that there will be equal sacrafice on every ones part. If New Penn rejects the Contract the lenders will not work with YRC and we are all out of a job as the Company will close.
If this is or was to be taken as a threat then the Company should have had this info out last week as I think most if not all Teamsters have returned their ballots. Kind of like closing the barn door after the horses get out.
As for end tailing or Dovetailing the Company proposes end tailing (Another threat) but knows that is up to the C.O.O. committie.
As always, I have a major problem with the Company sticking their noses into a Union affairs! The Company talks to the Union, Makes whatever deal then can, And then the Union presents it to the Members. We ask questions to the Union. Not the damn Company. To hear of the Company having pre-shift meetings with Members and posting letters about the vote is wrong in my opinion.
I'll [probably be a hundered spots under you should they merge us for I'm closer to you than to my terminal.

Change of ops. looks real. It would not be on company letterhead.

ABF thought they were going to end-tail the Carolina drivers in 1995, didn't work that way and I doubt that it would work that way with New Penn/YRC. YRC would lose most of their New Penn freight if not all of it and it does not make sense to bury a cash cow like New Penn. However, those in charge of the company have not exhibited any expertise in the trucking industry and if they were freight industry savvy they would not be in the mess they're in right now. Nothing they do would be a big surprise but any way you look at it it's ugly.

I don't understand the part about New Penn being 'white paper' since they follow the NMFA, the drivers carry it as their contract.

If New Penn rejects the Contract the lenders will not work with YRC and we are all out of a job as the Company will close.

negative, unless they let you re-vote they would work you into the YRC system to avoid the snapbacks and retain credit status with the banks

Originally Posted by LEHIGH vALLEY

It would be a threat before the vote not after. Did you not hear the warnings from the union and the company. Who's got your back now?

check out the TDU site it has a letter from yrc to the union on the change !! Just as info ! real or fake ? we will see !

we are not under a white paper agreement. nor are we under a seperate contract as it is stated.

YRC and New Penn operate separately under the NMFA. New Penn would no longer operate superbly as a separate company but be merged into YRC desperately in the event of a no vote. A yes vote is unlikely. Looks like a storm brewing down the road

No, it's not going to work like that. NP wouldn't be end-tailed in, they would be dove tailed in. Because, Roadway was bought by Yellow, and Roadway should have been end-tailed in, but some how they dove tailed in. Go figure. Now all of a sudden their going to play the end tail game. It's not going to happen.

You missed on thing. When the merger went through the SEC, Roadway emerged as the surviving entity, not Yellow. Also, NPME signed a "Me Too" agreement, separate from the NMFA after the last concession vote, just like Preston did back in 1994. Need I remind you of what happened to Preston, and the "Me Too" agreement on 07/26/1999? AT the time of the merger, both Yellow and Roadway were signatory to the NMFA agreement. Remember the last vote where NPME turned down the concessions? They had to re-vote UNDER SEPARATE POLICY, and I'll bet you a cup of coffee there were underlying causes written into their respective agreement that we aren't privy to.

contract spells out dove-tail in a buy out or a merge but they cite end-tail language in article 8 section 6 of the NMFA..I looked..everything says by seniority but the coo committee makes the decisions and it could be interpreted any way they please

contract spells out dove-tail in a buy out or a merge but they cite end-tail language in article 8 section 6 of the NMFA..I looked..everything says by seniority but the coo committee makes the decisions and it could be interpreted any way they please

Look at that Joe :dance: We can at times agree on things...The last time we went thru this ::shit::, it was going to be a dovetail and they actually came and told us how many guys would go to YRC and where they would fit in..So this time it will be the same as it is a merger and they use the word more than once..So now we have a bunch of guys going to merge on the list at YRC and we all know that all that freight will be lost so the only losers here will be the YRC guys near the bottom as they might just get bumped out..Be careful what you wish for...:coffee1: