XPO | Icp

I have zero hatred for Obama, in fact, I really do like the guy....What I do hate are the people that have these great expectations of the man, and how they are going to be greatly disappointed....

I for one, am greatly disappointed. Even though I didn't vote for him, I was expecting more. He has, in just over a month, managed to re neg on almost all of his campaign promises.........More transparency in government (where is the bill so we can read it?)......Time for the public to respond and give input BEFOREa bill becomes law (No body in Congress, read it before they voted on it)....An end to partisan politics (Republicans weren't even allowed in the room when the bill was being discussed)......

We are in for a long, long 4 years....

(maybe 8, if a majority of Americans can't see thru the :horse:

I for one, am greatly disappointed. Even though I didn't vote for him, I was expecting more. He has, in just over a month, managed to re neg on almost all of his campaign promises.........More transparency in government (where is the bill so we can read it?)......Time for the public to respond and give input BEFOREa bill becomes law (No body in Congress, read it before they voted on it)....An end to partisan politics (Republicans weren't even allowed in the room when the bill was being discussed)......

We are in for a long, long 4 years....

(maybe 8, if a majority of Americans can't see thru the :horse:

When you place an individual on such a high pedestal they have no where to go but down. How can they reach the expectations of their constituents when (right or wrong) the accolades of greatness have already been bestowed upon them.

We all heard some of the ridiculous statements made about Obama's abilities and accomplishments well before he took office. The media paraded him in front of the public as a demi-god here to save the country and the world. He has been in office less than 30 days and he is already being crucified and labeled by some as a failure.

Barack Obama promised 'change'...and that is what you are getting...'change'. What remains to be seen is what kind of change. People in this country wanted a change of leadership in the worst way. They wanted a different course of action...a different path...a different mindset from a sitting president. People went wild over the notion of Barack Obama and the rhetoric following him was deafening. It even went so far as to forbid the mentioning of his middle name (which has nothing to do with anything). Obama was labeled a 'savior' and such high standards placed upon his presidency that he will indeed need some of the 'deified' accomplishments already attributed to him not to labeled a failure.

Be careful what you wish for you may just get it.

Barack Obama is our president. And most likely and as in the shoes of his predecessors he quickly finds things aren't as easily done as one might wish. Politics and the machinations of Washington don't change just because of a new sheriff. These things take time.

And time will tell...

Rat :loser:

You are absolutely right...He promised change, has reneged on some of it as he has discovered how it really works at the top...Failure..?? Hardly, and I won't listen to anyone that has labeled "him" as that...This bill, on the other hand, which I will promise you HE hasn't even read completely, is not going to be the answer, and all we are going to get from it is a mountain of debt...
People have to understand the basic principles that drive our economy....Spending....Not government spending, OUR spending...If you and I don't spend, then there isn't an economy, there isn't job growth, there isn't investment, there isn't tax revenue for the states, counties, cities or the federal government nor income tax revenue that most states rely on to function...Why that is so hard for Pelosi, Reid and their buffoons to understand I will never know..I understand Pelosi, who is very wealthy and who could care less...Don't know enough about Reid, but I do know enough to know there is going to be a high speed rail from Vegas to Disneyland....And I know who put it in this bill...Reid is from Nevada, isn't he..?? it will take years to build, will be built by one of his contractor buddies, and if we're lucky, there will still be people to pay to ride on it IF it ever gets completed..Because by the time the California bozos finish with all their whining about desert tortoises and plant life in the most god-forsaken area of the country, and drag it through the courts for years, you and I will be long dead and gone off this earth before a single piece of track get's laid...Christ, they will blow half of it studying the damn plant life...When I think about what could have been done with that money instead, it makes me want to puke..
Gear up, gang, and start making plans on how that extra 13 a week in the check is going to inspire you to revive the economy...
And don't worry, there is another bill coming soon for all the morons making 25K a year who bought 400K houses, while you and I, who make our payments on time and watch our homes go upside down because of these idiots, will be told, well, "sorry"...

You are absolutely right...He promised change, has reneged on some of it as he has discovered how it really works at the top...Failure..?? Hardly, and I won't listen to anyone that has labeled "him" as that...This bill, on the other hand, which I will promise you HE hasn't even read completely, is not going to be the answer, and all we are going to get from it is a mountain of debt...
People have to understand the basic principles that drive our economy....Spending....Not government spending, OUR spending...If you and I don't spend, then there isn't an economy, there isn't job growth, there isn't investment, there isn't tax revenue for the states, counties, cities or the federal government nor income tax revenue that most states rely on to function...Why that is so hard for Pelosi, Reid and their buffoons to understand I will never know..I understand Pelosi, who is very wealthy and who could care less...Don't know enough about Reid, but I do know enough to know there is going to be a high speed rail from Vegas to Disneyland....And I know who put it in this bill...Reid is from Nevada, isn't he..?? it will take years to build, will be built by one of his contractor buddies, and if we're lucky, there will still be people to pay to ride on it IF it ever gets completed..Because by the time the California bozos finish with all their whining about desert tortoises and plant life in the most god-forsaken area of the country, and drag it through the courts for years, you and I will be long dead and gone off this earth before a single piece of track get's laid...Christ, they will blow half of it studying the damn plant life...When I think about what could have been done with that money instead, it makes me want to puke..
Gear up, gang, and start making plans on how that extra 13 a week in the check is going to inspire you to revive the economy...
And don't worry, there is another bill coming soon for all the morons making 25K a year who bought 400K houses, while you and I, who make our payments on time and watch our homes go upside down because of these idiots, will be told, well, "sorry"...

Damn...If you ain't on the money (pun intended)!

What you have so astutely pointed out is what these bozos at the top of the government food chain don't realize.

Monies must exchange hands in the form of commerce to generate taxes and stimulate ecnomic growth. The only thing the politicos fathom is the "throw money at it" mentality that has been the status quo on Capitol Hill for the last x amount of years. This 'stimulus' bill and the allocated monies associated with it come as no surprise. It business as usual for these idiots...problem is we are not in a business as ususal economic environment.

The throw money at it mentality which serves them so well, lets them absolve themselves from any real oversight responsibility. They don't require themselves to be responsible for the allocation of the money...just allocate it and forget it! Then pat yourselves on the back for a job well done and flaunt your accomplishments to your constituents...get re-elected and do the same unproductive nonsense for another term.

And the machine rolls on...

Rat :popcorn:

At XGR we were told checks willbe mailed (2/20/09 @ 4.5%, not very much!

Yeah, I watched the video yesterday...I guess that glass half full mentality got the best of me after about an hour...but it was somewhat painful to realize the brevity of the situation when I first heard it..

Well said!

4.5% of plan would be less than $200 gross at the old Southern rate. Better than nothing at all. I guess.:nutkick:

I just hope they don't go to the trouble, expense etc., of mailing out checks for about $100 or so, and then, lay off more people (or worse).

:duh:

I just hope they don't go to the trouble, expense etc., of mailing out checks for about $100 or so, and then, lay off more people (or worse).

:duh:

While there may be more lay-offs they will be extremely short term IMHO. I believe the worst is over. Good, bad, or indifferent the latest attempts to turn the economy around will have a positive impact if by nothing more than appearance. It will instill a level of confidence in the marketplace and things wil loosen. With the delayed financials of YRC...as improbable as it sounds...things will level out in the LTL industry...we can go back to doing what we do best...cutting each others throat!!!:nutkick:

I have said all along this economic downturn is nothing more than a market adjustment with some serious complications...and I stick by that analysis.

By June it will be a memory....

BTW...Keep an eye on Ford Motor...wanna make some money???..invest there!!!

While there may be more lay-offs they will be extremely short term IMHO. I believe the worst is over. Good, bad, or indifferent the latest attempts to turn the economy around will have a positive impact if by nothing more than appearance. It will instill a level of confidence in the marketplace and things wil loosen. With the delayed financials of YRC...as improbable as it sounds...things will level out in the LTL industry...we can go back to doing what we do best...cutting each others throat!!!:nutkick:

I have said all along this economic downturn is nothing more than a market adjustment with some serious complications...and I stick by that analysis.

By June it will be a memory....

BTW...Keep an eye on Ford Motor...wanna make some money???..invest there!!!

How about Sirius/X.M.??????? Last I heard it was under a dollar per share.

How about Sirius/X.M.??????? Last I heard it was under a dollar per share.

Fuggedabouddit!!!

$40 million contract with Howard Freakin' Stern...

They are on their own...besides who is going to pay for satellite radio in these times when you can get it for free?

Rat :popcorn:

The best way to recover from hard times like this is productivity. One problem with that, we are no longer a production country. WWI got us out of the depression, not the Government. They made it worse by doing basicly the same thing we are doing now. Didn't work then, won't work now. How is all this money going out to all these companies going to help. Banks just buy more banks, insurence companies go on wild vacations, and the CEO's still get their big bonuses.

I will admit I do NOT like Obama, but he is my President. I hope he does do the right things and turn this country around, but I do NOT see that happening. Try to buy insurence with your ICP checks. If this bills passes, with the SOCALIZED Medicine in it, we are all going to be in one heck of a spot. Just eat right, stay healthy, exercise and pray. Pray with all you got. Don't believe me, ask one of our friends from the great white north what socialize medicine is all about.

The best way to recover from hard times like this is productivity. One problem with that, we are no longer a production country. WWI got us out of the depression, not the Government. They made it worse by doing basicly the same thing we are doing now. Didn't work then, won't work now. How is all this money going out to all these companies going to help. Banks just buy more banks, insurence companies go on wild vacations, and the CEO's still get their big bonuses.

I will admit I do NOT like Obama, but he is my President. I hope he does do the right things and turn this country around, but I do NOT see that happening. Try to buy insurence with your ICP checks. If this bills passes, with the SOCALIZED Medicine in it, we are all going to be in one heck of a spot. Just eat right, stay healthy, exercise and pray. Pray with all you got. Don't believe me, ask one of our friends from the great white north what socialize medicine is all about.

Oh, you saw that did you...??? The Saturday night special, I call it...got snuck in to the bill last Saturday night, and is a product of Tom Daschle's book on the subject...you remember him, was looking at a nice cabinet post until the tax history caught up with him...You or I would have gone to jail for what he did, but some are more special than others...

Not sure what exactly it was that got us out of the Great Depression, but I am pretty sure it wasn't WWI. That war ended in 1918, the stock market crash was in '29.

I feel the best thing they can do is to cut imports and revert to fair trade instead fof free trade. We export $X amount we import the same. You cannot go into Wallmart or Target to find anything American made. I have a 2007 Pontiac G6. Motor and alot of parts from Mexico. Parts from Canada, Body and assembled in Austrailia. The government has sold out The USA and there are no jobs to be had.

Not sure what exactly it was that got us out of the Great Depression, but I am pretty sure it wasn't WWI. That war ended in 1918, the stock market crash was in '29.

I was thinking the same thing, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. You said just what I was wanting to say. :biglaugh: