Yellow | If I Was Voting Today, I Would......hmmmm

I know I am retired from YRC and probably will catch HEll for posting but I can guarantee you this.......If it is voted yes just wait.........When June 2011 rolls around the company will want round 4 of concessions and it will be not putting 25% contributions back into the pension plans.......Somewhere you have to draw a line in the sand........Time will tell.........nuff said

I wonder how long till your out of a job?(bankrupt pension). Hey I got a idea, lets take your pension now and divide it up with us all! Still like telling people to take our jobs?

Call the Bluff.....SHOWDOWN AT 11th Hour!

I know I am retired from YRC and probably will catch HEll for posting but I can guarantee you this.......If it is voted yes just wait.........When June 2011 rolls around the company will want round 4 of concessions and it will be not putting 25% contributions back into the pension plans.......Somewhere you have to draw a line in the sand........Time will tell.........nuff said

Amen Brother, YRC would love to keep bending us over backwards:duh:....Pension contributions, which is the main reason most of us are here are non-existant, and 25% won't cut it....b-4 you know it they'll be back at the table begging 4 more, all the other mumbo jumbo they are asking for is comical at best. Look I know everyone is frustrated but If you vote yes...then you are helping to bury ABF's teamsters because the NMFA will no longer exist and they too will go through the motions as we all have; so let the cards fall where they may. YRC's new slogan STRIKE THREE.......BALLGAME OVER EVERYBODY LOST. Nuff 4 now!

Last edited by a moderator:
the pension is on hold till further notice--
angry-smiley-225.gif

worry about it later​

Zollars waived the 8 million dollar buyout (10 million as the ABF guy mistakenly put it) read the press reports.
ABF guys know that there are 2 options. 1 )We vote know , show our big balls and ABF is swamped with freight and good times as YRC went broke and we are all out of work. 2) We vote yes , they are trapped in an untenable position as they will not be able to compete with their wage and benefit structure. They will either be forced into huge concessions or go broke. So , I wonder why all these ABF guys are on here telling us to buck up and stay tough "brothers" ? Ultimately we have to vote to provide for our family. It is a personal choice between you and your family , after the company is dissolved , most of us will never see each other again. You will drown in your own desperation , alone. Nobody is voting because they like this deal , but to keep our jobs in America's worst economic crisis in decades. The POS company will probably go broke anyway. But maybe we can keep it going and attract these new investors , just maybe.

Oh , and nobody in America is going to point to you and say , "Well done , Union warrior " ! In reality , America will laugh at you with contempt , pity and disdain , as spoiled buffoons , who voted themselves out of some of the best blue collar jobs in the country during an economic depression.

Oh , and nobody in America is going to point to you and say , "Well done , Union warrior " ! In reality , America will laugh at you with contempt , pity and disdain , as spoiled buffoons , who voted themselves out of some of the best blue collar jobs in the country during an economic depression.

Well said. But hey, they'll still have those principals while they sit at home as an ex-teamster. Maybe they can trade those prinicpals for the other 2/3rds of their pension once the PBGC takes over and gives them .30 on the dollar.

At first, I was thinking just like KK, get mad, kick some tail, and see what happens. After the initial rush of testosterone, I settled down and took a long hard look at the positions of both the company and the banks. FACT: YRC is leveraged out, No Real Estate assets, no rolling stock (All the equipment is leased), No Tangibles what so ever. How ever you decide to vote, VOTE. Remember just one thing, be prepared for the worst and be able to accept the outcome. I was laid off in May 09 from YRC, had ZERO results looking for gainful employment, no one wanted to touch me because I was a 50's yr old UNION driver. They either responded that I "Was overqualified for the position" or "didn't meet their hiring requirements", both surreptitious phrases for "You're a Teamster (UNION) Driver and you ain't nothing but Trouble". Also bear in mind that the political landscape of this country is about to change again, hopefully for the better, next month. We might just get lucky, if we don't commit ******* beforehand. Think about it.

Vote Republican, I am for the first time. It seems that the union is more behind their members when a Republican is in office. Notice how YRC and the IBT wants to pass this vote before the elections take place. The union representation for the members has been BS for last 18 months.

For once , I agree with you.

I have never felt the need to post anything even though I have been reading the boards for over a year now, but how many concession votes until people realize what will happen as soon as the company gets anothe yes vote? Everyone should realize the pattern. There will be a new COO including layoffs, terminal closings, and transfers far from your home forcing you to move. When does it all end? How many times do we have to be whipped into submission and just take what they throw at us(or they will shut the doors)? Have they made improvements or even been more understanding with all we have given them? People on here are absolutely correct---it is a matter of who you can trust. I think the past track record speaks for itself. You cannot shrink a business into profitability. Sooner or later you need to take a leap of faith and believe that the economy will get better(and it will). But until this company quits pulling the rug out from under the employees(AND THE CUSTOMERS!!!),we are headed for the ultimate fall. Therefore I am voting no and praying that the banks have more patience. They could lose it all or make a huge return. I think the past shows that the economy will recover, but it is the ultimate crap shoot for the banks. The final decision is in THEIR hands,not ours, no matter how we vote.

The banks already made their decision either we support it by voting yes or vote no and earn the opportunity to work elsewhere.

I do not understand how voting yes will let the banks see any other savings,by just extending whats already in place. If thats all they need to keep us open then why go after work rules.

The pension funds need some money to survive, the work rule changes are to provide the money for the funds, albeit not much it would be interesting to know which side came up with the 25% number.

Its ok to die. let it go and find a new way to LIVE..... VOTE _NO.
Its going to be ok... and it not our fault.

Because your decison to vote for this BS is going to effect me somehow,and i dont like it.
So when they come to you with concessions puff out your chest and vote "no" again>>>>Big deal. What do ya think's gonna happen when we're gone should that happen? Do ya think that eventually the ***** are gonna cutthroat it again...Of course they will...and you'll be sll alone...Be gladd ya have the 20,000 or so of us to stand by ya for now....for once it's done....the real race to the bottom starts...with only you to stop it....and you won't stop it either.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I were driving the truck today at Yellow (I say that because I never worked for YRC) I would probably be leading the charge at my terminal saying hell no, and no way would I vote yes after giving up so much the first two times…. enough of this crap…let them shut it down.

They have disrespected the employees so much since the second giveback, with BS warning letters and blowing the money on those…. wasting money due to poor coordinating from CDO…. violating and violating, etc.etc. our NMFA so many times it has caused a great backlog of grievances to be heard.

**** poor management of the money that the employees have given back must stop before they get another dime! The customer base and shipments must grow in tremendous leaps and bounds to actually get us ALL out of this mess…. is that happening?

I would probably tell them to shove it up their tailpipes when they would not answer my questions after they held their scripted terminal meetings around the country that did nothing but cost them yes votes and insult the intelligence of the working men and women at the terminals.

BUT…(you knew I was working up to that, didn’t you?)

As an elected officer of my Local, we have to be responsible for the good and welfare of 7,000 members. What happens to the over 1,200 YRCW members in our local that are either working or laid off will affect the local as a whole. While we are out there organizing to grow…. the loss of over 1,200 freight Teamsters will be felt for years to come.

There is not a day that goes by when a member along with his wife and children come by the local, or they call looking for work. Some have lost their homes, or are about to be foreclosed on. They have children with special needs and no insurance. In some cases we are able to get them some assistance through some agencies, but there is not enough to go around. Some cases we might find some work for them…. but that only happened at the beginning of this mess back 2 years ago.

There are no more jobs open for the others that are still working in this mess at YRCW.

If this is voted down, there will be no PLAN B…. there will be no army of labor agencies to come and rescue us all…the government will not help us…. we are on our own to determine our fates.

If we vote yes, then maybe they might just make it by 6/1/2011…if not, they cannot say the Teamster members never gave them a chance.

If we vote no, then we will see if they are lying to the employees and they will close the doors very soon and we can all go out and try to find us a new job paying $20 and hour, &. 50 cpm, paid vacations and as good as insurance we all have now.

Do we all go with the devil we all know (YRCW) and live to fight another day…..or do we go with the devil we do not know (Unemployment and looking for work) and wish we still worked at YRCW when the reality hits us?

Either way Brothers & Sisters…. that ballot will be staring you in the face by next Tuesday…please vote…. and mark it where it shows you to make your mark and do not write any crap on the ballot or it will be tossed out…. mark it yes….or mark it no…. but mark it and send it in ASAP...whatcha gonna do?……..KK

I agree, I will be voting NO and watching the results. I was going to vote yes on this mess until managment placed me on suspension for a minor offense-most non union carriers would never have let it go that far-but here I am getting ready to vote NO and hoping the idiot managers have to clamor and compete with 500 other people for the same job.

Its ok to die. let it go and find a new way to LIVE..... VOTE _NO.
Its going to be ok... and it not our fault.

And you are so right there. IT IS NOT OUR FAULT! This is all upper managments fault and we tried to help with two other concession packages which were touted to be the life line to see YRC through this mess they made but it was not so....Vote NO!

Does knowing 'who's fault it is' buy groceries? Think about it with your head before you vote instead of simple emotion. Either way.