TForce | If t force wants less miles and more freight

I cannot stand offices.

One I remember most clearly, I came up from Alabama with regional freight to Williamsport Maryland back about summer of 1994. Walked into the DM Bowman's Dispatch building which was a one story stand alone office holding about 30 people, 20 of them suited dispatchers. In freezing blast of 62 degree air conditioning.

I was wearing jeams cutoff, tee shirt and so on having just come out of 105 degrees down south hours ago for days. It was about 90 or so and wet outside. Normal for them not as hot. (They think its really hot and it is... if the humidity is up there)

Anyway. I was intercepted by one of the dispatchers and held int he center of that room publicly bawled out, rebuked for failing to meet dress code and so on.

I simply dropped the paper work on the floor and left, they can deal with it. I ended up quitting them a few days later on principle for a variety of reasons, some of which includes excessive politics in there. Its toxic.

Drivers? Simply not welcome. Sure the corporate waxes poetic about one big happy family... it is NOT.

If TFI wants to play, they are going to have to pay. Aside from our superior benefit package the pay is NOT the highest in the Industry like they were for a while.
The lack of people willing to live the LTL lifestyle is very real. Who would have thought most Carriers start at FULL rate or slightly less, pay big sign on bonuses, etc. To be the best you have to act like the best, pay the best, treat the people the best, and pick up and deliver like the best. Everything will fall in place if that is done. The drivers and front-line personnel is NOT the problem here. The problems lie in management, nowhere else. When you have 5 drivers on the street and 4 people in the office you have a serious problem, and therein lies the problem. The "who did it" mentality, not "why did it happen", is toxic. Management needs to be held accountable for their poor performance just like the labor force. When a driver is being beat up for "taking too long", while 4 people sit in the office watching you-tube, playing cards, trading stocks, and whatever, it is a poison environment. Money is money, no matter where it comes from. :soapbox::soapbox::soapbox::cuss::hyper::smilies 19296:
I There is plenty of blame to be shared by everyone. The negativity is like poison, it is in the driver workforce, management, and sales. There is no doubt that the operations leadership needs shaking up, you have the same RDO's in place now that have been there for 20 years. You have UPS small pkg folks still running an LTL carrier. This company needs fresh blood at the top and it needs to come from non union carriers. Our linehaul network is right out of the 1970's-1980's, it is a joke. There is so much that needs to change from the ground up, it will take time, a long time. Perhaps there won't be enough time. The clown up in Canada won't likely have the patience, he bit off more than he can chew. Canadians have never been successful owning and running a US based LTL carrier, this time will be no different.