Estes | Is Estes going out of business?

Could be part of the reason ltl's are putting so much focus on the one and two day lanes these days. For customers that are looking for service there will always be a need for trucks and the rail needs to solve some of their issues with capacity during peak years also. Other than that I think you guys are dead on the money.

we have more freight then we can handle hired p&d,line haul,dock......working 12hr days .......but were going out of business...must be truck stop bootys sitting at the truck stop complaining they work to hard

amen. i get a whole 34 off this weekend wow what to do with all this off time ???

And your information is given to you by whom?

it doesn't matter who it is given by. cf bought brand new trucks and new terminals before they closed up. the hiring and new purchasing doesnt matter. did you ever think that they are hiring people to deliver there last akmount of freight?????

I dont know how much TL you guys ship, but the future of trucking is LTL. Tl with no service requirements will be shipped Rail and Water!!!! Wow there is a new one I havent seen mentioned on these boards yet. How much tonnage is moved by barges!!!! I dont think Estes is going any where , for the record!!

I'm not trying to stir the pot on this topic.
But When Consolidated Freightways were buying their new equipment before they pulled the plug on their union LTL operation.
Their drivers were noticing that CF was putting all of their signs in tape instead of paint.
Their drivers were saying all the company would have to do to make their new equipment plain with no signs.
Was to use a hair dryer to melt the glue,and all of the signs would just peal off.

Low,and behold thats just what they did.
after Con-way closed CF they took all of the new equipment,and rebranded it to say Con-Way.

The Last union LTL company I worked at before hiring on with Overnite back in 1986,maxed out all of their lines of credit.
With major inventories of parts,and tires,as well as some new equipment.
They did that about three weeks before they filed bankrupcy.
They left all of their vendors holding bad paper,for the purchases they had made.

Everybody sued Hall's Motor Transit,this was the name of the company.
I was in my 18th year.
After three years Hall's was ordered by the courts to pay back a dime on the dollar to clear their books.
They owed me aound 6 grand in back vacation pay,and other money I had coming.
In !989 I received two checks totaling about $595.00 after taxes,for my pay-off.

Like I'm posting I'm only sharing what happened to me,as well as how all of us drivers saw how CF delt with their closer.

The only advice I can give you Estes workers is to do your best,and don't spend anytime in worry over things that are out of your control.

Whatever your company does,I doubt they will care about anything any of you think.

So like I say do your best,ride it out,and hope for the best.

If you get down on your company,and start bad mouthing them to your customers you will be helping them to go under.

I'm not trying to stir the pot on this topic.
But When Consolidated Freightways were buying their new equipment before they pulled the plug on their union LTL operation.
Their drivers were noticing that CF was putting all of their signs in tape instead of paint.
Their drivers were saying all the company would have to do to make their new equipment plain with no signs.
Was to use a hair dryer to melt the glue,and all of the signs would just peal off.

Low,and behold thats just what they did.
after Con-way closed CF they took all of the new equipment,and rebranded it to say Con-Way.

The Last union LTL company I worked at before hiring on with Overnite back in 1986,maxed out all of their lines of credit.
With major inventories of parts,and tires,as well as some new equipment.
They did that about three weeks before they filed bankrupcy.
They left all of their vendors holding bad paper,for the purchases they had made.

Everybody sued Hall's Motor Transit,this was the name of the company.
I was in my 18th year.
After three years Hall's was ordered by the courts to pay back a dime on the dollar to clear their books.
They owed me aound 6 grand in back vacation pay,and other money I had coming.
In !989 I received two checks totaling about $595.00 after taxes,for my pay-off.

Like I'm posting I'm only sharing what happened to me,as well as how all of us drivers saw how CF delt with their closer.

The only advice I can give you Estes workers is to do your best,and don't spend anytime in worry over things that are out of your control.

Whatever your company does,I doubt they will care about anything any of you think.

So like I say do your best,ride it out,and hope for the best.

If you get down on your company,and start bad mouthing them to your customers you will be helping them to go under.
I know you're not stirring the pot or anything but... awwww never mind i been hitting the bottle..carry on!:biglaugh:

who what and how are the rummors startin that estes is closing . wow. and if they do who cares if they do ?? there are other jobs to have.stir stir stir this is why i say WHATEVER the mindless ::shit:: stirring is gettin unreal !! i guess estes forums is the wild west and its just gonna be a retarted "shootout" every other post. i do love the boards but this is gettin old

Well I'm sorry I jumped on this topic dragging out old memories of LTL companies that dropped out of the freight race.

There were a lot of drivers hurt by these closing,but we all seemed to get hooked up with other freight companies.

With the higher fuel cost now days,Its going to be only the strong companies staying in this business.

But for the most part theres always going to have to be LTL companies to carry on.
America moves by trucks,theres just no way around that thought.

So you Estes people just hang in there.
Give it your best,cash your payroll checks,enjoy your time off.
And don't worry about anything thats not in your control.
All the worry in the world won't change a thing.

Well I'm sorry I jumped on this topic dragging out old memories of LTL companies that dropped out of the freight race.

There were a lot of drivers hurt by these closing,but we all seemed to get hooked up with other freight companies.

With the higher fuel cost now days,Its going to be only the strong companies staying in this business.

But for the most part theres always going to have to be LTL companies to carry on.
America moves by trucks,theres just no way around that thought.

So you Estes people just hang in there.
Give it your best,cash your payroll checks,enjoy your time off.
And don't worry about anything thats not in your control.
All the worry in the world won't change a thing.
exactly. the only thing worry will change is your health and not for the better either.

Apostolic is right all the worry wont change anything, and cash your payroll checks b4 they bounce, just speaking from expirience is all. God bless.

but what gets me is estes has almost 0 debt has almost everything paid off no stock holders just us. now if this was a yellow fourm i would completely understand. this whole thing started just cause someone is a ::shit:: stirrer. apostollic is never an issue and he never would be a stirrer. we all know who has nothing good to say

beerboy....you are the stirrer. you claim that Estes has 0 debt. Have you seen their books. No you have not. Also you stated that Estes has no stockholders. Not true...there is private stock that is held by the Estes family and others, but they are still stockholders. the only difference is that their stock is private and not public. Your whole post is inaccurate and fabricated and should be removed. that makes you the stirrer, sir . In closing, your last remark was obviously pointed towards Elvis. I do not know him..but he strikes me as a very intelligent individual. But notice something: he only posts the facts. He doesnt waste time fabricating info on his posts so he can stir crap up. All he does is tell the truth. If the truth stirs up crap..so be it. Elvis keep up the good work. Beer Boy ... we dont need you stirring the pot with your misinformation as in the previous post and numerous other posts. thank you

beerboy....you are the stirrer. you claim that Estes has 0 debt. Have you seen their books. No you have not. Also you stated that Estes has no stockholders. Not true...there is private stock that is held by the Estes family and others, but they are still stockholders. the only difference is that their stock is private and not public. Your whole post is inaccurate and fabricated and should be removed. that makes you the stirrer, sir . In closing, your last remark was obviously pointed towards Elvis. I do not know him..but he strikes me as a very intelligent individual. But notice something: he only posts the facts. He doesnt waste time fabricating info on his posts so he can stir crap up. All he does is tell the truth. If the truth stirs up crap..so be it. Elvis keep up the good work. Beer Boy ... we dont need you stirring the pot with your misinformation as in the previous post and numerous other posts. thank you

:hide::nutkick: OUCH! Startin off your career on the boards on a good note, I see... Elvis is generally good on his info, but you have to consider that he is coming from a teamster point of view, thus his opinions are somewhat colored in that way. Some of what beerboy said is also true, I having asked Rob himself once about it, but I have to agree with you on this count - Beerboy can be a "waste matter agitator"..Point being, just because you don't like one person for their opinions or like another for theirs, don't credit/discount anyone automatically...

i said beerboys info was not factual and therefore stirs the pot. As for Elvis he is a teamster now but he used to work for Estes so his opinions come from both sides. my point: it is not helpful to post fabricated info.there wasnt one single thing in his post that was factual. thank you

Well, well, well. I see we have sparked the Estes forum back from hibernation. No need to argue over Beerboy and I. I want what's best for all of the hard working men and women at Estes. Those who wipe the sweat from their brow at the end of brutal p&d route. Especially when they give upwards of 12 hours a day to their employer( on straight time) Time spent away from their families. Time that should be payed at a premium for their sacrifice. Especially the line driver who taps his hours out at 70 a week, and only gets payed while the wheels are spinning. And my heart goes out to the guy who is at the age when he should be contemplating retirement. But he reads his quarterly 401k statement, and reality sets in. With his company matched 401k in the tank, and no pension, he will never be able to retire. These are just a few items that motivate my point of view towards Estes. At one time, we had it all at G.I. Trucking. That is, until Rob took it from us. And I will never forget it. NEVER! I want all Estes' drivers, dockworkers etc. to have the best that the industry can offer. That is my wish. Another poster made the comment, if you do your job, you will keep it. I am here to say that is total BS at Estes. If you p!ss the wrong people or person off, they will seek revenge. I performed my job to the best of my ability every day. I made them nothing but money. My actions never cost them a dime. I take that back. It cost Rob plenty when he hired a union busting law firm, to squelch the union movement in California. But I was very vocal with Estes' corporate officers every time I was in their presence. My bitterness was never a secret. I take great pride in not holding back my feelings towards their blatant disrespect of my great company and our elite employees. So some can hide behind their key board and say WHATEVER. And selfishly feel all warm and fuzzy inside because they are one of the few who have a descent gig going. I on the other hand have always defended myself and those around me who have been mistreated. I am a shop steward now. That is where I belong. That is where I have always belonged. I just didn't know it until Estes opened my eyes. I hope this clears up any misconceptions of who I am, or what it is that drives me. Teamster Elvis out.....

help me

Well, well, well. I see we have sparked the Estes forum back from hibernation. No need to argue over Beerboy and I. I want what's best for all of the hard working men and women at Estes. Those who wipe the sweat from their brow at the end of brutal p&d route. Especially when they give upwards of 12 hours a day to their employer( on straight time) Time spent away from their families. Time that should be payed at a premium for their sacrifice. Especially the line driver who taps his hours out at 70 a week, and only gets payed while the wheels are spinning. And my heart goes out to the guy who is at the age when he should be contemplating retirement. But he reads his quarterly 401k statement, and reality sets in. With his company matched 401k in the tank, and no pension, he will never be able to retire. These are just a few items that motivate my point of view towards Estes. At one time, we had it all at G.I. Trucking. That is, until Rob took it from us. And I will never forget it. NEVER! I want all Estes' drivers, dockworkers etc. to have the best that the industry can offer. That is my wish. Another poster made the comment, if you do your job, you will keep it. I am here to say that is total BS at Estes. If you p!ss the wrong people or person off, they will seek revenge. I performed my job to the best of my ability every day. I made them nothing but money. My actions never cost them a dime. I take that back. It cost Rob plenty when he hired a union busting law firm, to squelch the union movement in California. But I was very vocal with Estes' corporate officers every time I was in their presence. My bitterness was never a secret. I take great pride in not holding back my feelings towards their blatant disrespect of my great company and our elite employees. So some can hide behind their key board and say WHATEVER. And selfishly feel all warm and fuzzy inside because they are one of the few who have a descent gig going. I on the other hand have always defended myself and those around me who have been mistreated. I am a shop steward now. That is where I belong. That is where I have always belonged. I just didn't know it until Estes opened my eyes. I hope this clears up any misconceptions of who I am, or what it is that drives me. Teamster Elvis out.....
i'm confused, elvis. i just saw your biography and you are non-union. how is it you are a shop steward? do non-union companies have shop stewards?