XPO | Just accepted a Job at XPO (P&D)

Well I was there just 9 year and seen it many times. They call it "Economic Termination" or basically your fired for no reason. They could have done a lay off but no. In fact it happened just back in April of this year. At one place they did to a total of 15 people and other 6 at another barn. I seen this with both Con-way and XPO and every time they get burned. The one year Con-way did it my place. Got rid of 6 dockworks, 3 of them said they would go part time just call when you need us, but they said no. Within one month we were neck deep in freight and they were wandering why they could hire anyone. Word gets out. Yet now you hear how you should hung the customers freight. Well if you want employee's to care about the customers freight then the company needs to care about their employees. I have seem many case of were the safety of the driver didn't matter as long as there numbers look good.
WOW!!!
I knew that Old Dominion used “economic termination”, but I was not aware that it was used at XPO as well. Thank You for your honesty and that info Fly!!! :1036316054::1036316054::1036316054:

Well I was there just 9 year and seen it many times. They call it "Economic Termination" or basically your fired for no reason. They could have done a lay off but no. In fact it happened just back in April of this year. At one place they did to a total of 15 people and other 6 at another barn. I seen this with both Con-way and XPO and every time they get burned. The one year Con-way did it my place. Got rid of 6 dockworks, 3 of them said they would go part time just call when you need us, but they said no. Within one month we were neck deep in freight and they were wandering why they could hire anyone. Word gets out. Yet now you hear how you should hung the customers freight. Well if you want employee's to care about the customers freight then the company needs to care about their employees. I have seem many case of were the safety of the driver didn't matter as long as there numbers look good.
Truth

Season 3 Episode 24 GIF by Paramount+

Con-way also like to use it
I feel like this is an old Twilight Zone episode....because this ::shit:: can't be happening.... LMAO
:lmao: :438::lmao:

If it's for no reason, then why is it called an economic termination? The only time I've seen this happen is when employee levels are too high to support the weight and bill count, meaning slow economy. Whereas I've seen people fired for attendance during the best of times because they pointed out, exactly as the policy is written. I understand what you're saying and I would add, that fired for any or no reason only applies to union terminals or non-union terminals that reside in a non-at will employment state. People have said the policy isn't worth the paper it's printed on, well that's also true, but in a way many haven't considered. There are times when state law supersedes company policy, for example non-compete clauses or law suites when an employee believes they've been wrongfully terminated. OV-10 mentioned in post #58 that the company fired people because of union activity and the labor board re-instated their jobs. Continued in next post.

If it's for no reason, then why is it called an economic termination? The only time I've seen this happen is when employee levels are too high to support the weight and bill count, meaning slow economy. Whereas I've seen people fired for attendance during the best of times because they pointed out, exactly as the policy is written. I understand what you're saying and I would add, that fired for any or no reason only applies to union terminals or non-union terminals that reside in a non-at will employment state. People have said the policy isn't worth the paper it's printed on, well that's also true, but in a way many haven't considered. There are times when state law supersedes company policy, for example non-compete clauses or law suites when an employee believes they've been wrongfully terminated. OV-10 mentioned in post #58 that the company fired people because of union activity and the labor board re-instated their jobs. Continued in next post.
Point is that while on paper it appears the company can dispose of an employee in any manner it sees fit, it's often not as easy as it appears. Very rarely will you see an employee let go for cause without a substantial paper trail already in their file unless the offense the employee committed was something so blatant that any action brought against the company by said employee would most likely fail. The reason I even started on this whole thing, when I went after that guy for his mis-stating company attendance policy is because I don't like seeing my fellow employees getting disgruntled over things I believe they really shouldn't have to concern themselves with as there are plenty other things worth being upset about that still need attention. I know sometimes I come off as arrogant or maybe a company man or whatever, but I assure you, my reason for posting some of the things I do is for the benefit of others.

It’s the new flavor at my place. If you’re on the list they’re whistling you into the office to have a chat about your attendance. 3 points seems to be the magic number..these guys are working hard to dig up the dirt.

I email myself and put call out in the subject line. Makes it easy to pull up at any time.