ODFL | Layoffs Again

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
Company stock through the roof but company been laying good people off all week, a few in the northwest and the rest of our nation,, company must be going downhill or what?

Sorry to the grumpy ol man name on here for telling him he was full of it the other week,, wont be hearing sorry much from me because I'm always right but this time he prove me wrong..

Company stock through the roof but company been laying good people off all week, a few in the northwest and the rest of our nation,, company must be going downhill or what?

Sorry to the grumpy ol man name on here for telling him he was full of it the other week,, wont be hearing sorry much from me because I'm always right but this time he prove me wrong..
Prayer's to all Involved.

If it was actually a lay-off that would be one thing, but what OD does is far more cruel and callous. I can’t excuse them pulling the rug out from under folks and not allowing them to draw unemployment. Unforgivable, especially considering the healthy financial shape of the company.

If it was actually a lay-off that would be one thing, but what OD does is far more cruel and callous. I can’t excuse them pulling the rug out from under folks and not allowing them to draw unemployment. Unforgivable, especially considering the healthy financial shape of the company.

I agree and remember this crap when I see some new hire eating that OD Family line.

Good company to work but the family turns on you quick at this place,,,

How does that work? Why can’t those people draw unemployment?
Most Non-Union Trucking Company's do not pay unemployment insurance.So they terminate you and most will fight to have to pay you.If you file and win then the company has to pay out.Heard of several that have drawn.But,Companies will do all they can not to pay.Other's who have more info please chime in.

Last edited:
Most Non-Union Trucking Company's do not pay unemployment insurance.So they terminate you and most will fight to have to pay you.If you file and win then the company has to pay out.Heard of several that have drawn.But,Companies will do all they can not to pay.Other's who have more info please chime in.
I thought unemployment was a tax charged by each state not a companies choice to pay? And if the company ever fought you over being laidoff the would not have a leg to stand on, now if they fired you that's a different story....

I thought unemployment was a tax charged by each state not a companies choice to pay? And if the company ever fought you over being laidoff the would not have a leg to stand on, now if they fired you that's a different story....
Awesome!! I have never have had to draw.But,yes if they fire you then they can fight from paying.Interesting..Hope more speak up ..To add to it.I have alway's been told you cannot draw because there are plenty of driving jobs.lol

Glad to see Billy apoligize to Grumpy O' Man, I was considering invoking the Hummingbird Article.
That's the last thing I would want to place in the personnel file of the (all time Mastio champ)

See that’s the trick, OD calls it an “economic termination” not a lay-off. Thus they get out of paying after they pull the rug out from under you. It’s a dirty, low down way to treat people they claim are “family”...

I’m sure the laws vary from state-to-state, but here’s the law for Oregon:

In order to qualify for this benefit program, you must have worked in Oregon during the past 12 to 18 months and have earned at least a minimum amount of wages as determined by our guidelines. You must also be able to work, available for work and actively seeking new work each week that you are collecting benefits.

Pretty simple. I’ve filed a few claims over the years and was never denied. As long as you meet the criteria.

The Federal Unemployment Tax Act, which began in 1935, requires employers to include unemployment insurance payments to both the state and the federal government in their payroll taxes.

If they deny anyone's claim to unemployment they simply request a hearing. As Joe stated, if they don't show just cause, they may draw. Economic terminations, as they truly are, isn't just cause.

The Federal Unemployment Tax Act, which began in 1935, requires employers to include unemployment insurance payments to both the state and the federal government in their payroll taxes.

If they deny anyone's claim to unemployment they simply request a hearing. As Joe stated, if they don't show just cause, they may draw. Economic terminations, as they truly are, isn't just cause.
And they will deny everyone. Everyone who I have talked to OD or not have had to have a hearing over the phone.Some got it then other didn't.Here, what I was told the company has to pay the money out to the ones that draw.So Companies do everything they can not to have to pay those