ODFL | Layoffs

You are correct on this Lawnboy. Have a couple friends that work here for OD, and they said the same thing. It’s not seniority, but how productive, and non disruptive you are in determining who gets whacked first...

Idk about other terminals, but ATL works off the seniority list on EVERYTHING. Our road bid for this year has been delayed by two weeks because they have been going over the seniority list with a fine tooth comb to make sure it’s correct. GBO let go 15, but it was the bottom 15 on the board. Hell, I’ve even called in for a run on Sunday to make up for a day I had to take off without pay and couldn’t run, too many extraboard at home. I argued that I had given my run to an extraboard driver the day I took off, so even was even, and that still didn’t hold water.

Idk about other terminals, but ATL works off the seniority list on EVERYTHING. Our road bid for this year has been delayed by two weeks because they have been going over the seniority list with a fine tooth comb to make sure it’s correct. GBO let go 15, but it was the bottom 15 on the board. Hell, I’ve even called in for a run on Sunday to make up for a day I had to take off without pay and couldn’t run, too many extraboard at home. I argued that I had given my run to an extraboard driver the day I took off, so even was even, and that still didn’t hold water.
You should have put in a call to Seattle @,1-800- zr0-turn,and had him look into that situation....

Your yard is so big nobody knows who’s who anyways so you’ll see procedure followed more

Where do you fall on the seniority list?
Far enough up that I dont have to worry about being laid off unless things get REALLY bad.

I'm guessing you're implying that I would be a low guy on the totem pole because of my post. That's fine, my opinion stands, get rid of the problem drivers first then start cutting guys at the bottom. It only hurt the company in the long run to get rid of low seniority guys who arent bad employees and keep guys around that cant stay on the straight and narrow.

If you think otherwise than you def have the union mentality of protecting guys who are screw ups just because they've managed to hang around awhile.

Another reason among many the union is dying.

Far enough up that I dont have to worry about being laid off unless things get REALLY bad.

I'm guessing you're implying that I would be a low guy on the totem pole because of my post. That's fine, my opinion stands, get rid of the problem drivers first then start cutting guys at the bottom. It only hurt the company in the long run to get rid of low seniority guys who arent bad employees and keep guys around that cant stay on the straight and narrow.

If you think otherwise than you def have the union mentality of protecting guys who are screw ups just because they've managed to hang around awhile.

Another reason among many the union is dying.
It’s not a union against non union issue it’s about doing the right thing & starting from the bottom with layoffs is the right thing to do. If any company did start doing that they would have a tough time getting drivers or the drivers that were still employed there would be looking to organize....

That was my question Kenneth, lets try this again, how do economic terminations go? Company seniority, terminal seniority or what ever the managers feels like doing? Thought you could read between the lines.....

Wrong one to ask.I was just responding how line driver's were let go here this past week.

Well hopefully it picks up soon, this 3 day work week isn't working well. I may have to find other options if it goes into June.

Well hopefully it picks up soon, this 3 day work week isn't working well. I may have to find other options if it goes into June.

Hope it picks up for you soon driver,, hearing a lot of u struggling over in the east side

Not really. I'd rather a company get rid of the guys with attendance problems, disciplinary issues, safety violations, accidents, etc etc before cutting loose drivers lower on the board. Keep the good guys, dump the riff raff.
If these guys are so bad why are they still working?? and now it's a problem because of lay off's?? That's life and isn't fair last hired first laid off it is what it is