ODFL | Layoffs

Between Portland and Sea over the past two days, very little other LTL running the corridor. Seems like more OD than other. Last night saw 2 local guys, 2 Estes, 3 Saia and 2 R&l. Actually saw about 6 Reddaway and only 2 YRC. not good for anyone up here it looks like.

Team driver here, rolled into the home hub Wednesday night 11 pm sat around waiting for a load till 1215 am then got sent home. Still waiting to be sent out

Between Portland and Sea over the past two days, very little other LTL running the corridor. Seems like more OD than other. Last night saw 2 local guys, 2 Estes, 3 Saia and 2 R&l. Actually saw about 6 Reddaway and only 2 YRC. not good for anyone up here it looks like.

I did not pick up much on Friday,,

How do layoffs go, is it company seniority, terminal seniority, or do the managers have full discretion? I've always wondered this, I don't believe I'm going to be laid off.

How do layoffs go, is it company seniority, terminal seniority, or do the managers have full discretion? I've always wondered this, I don't believe I'm going to be laid off.

If you can drive a zero turn, Billy says, you have a good chance of being layed off, he needs mower drivers.

Are the "let go" guys being terminated by company seniority time ? Bottom on up company seniority or just picking random people ?
I didn’t want to respond to to last post (I’m union) but that would be the worst if they picked and choose....

Bottom up is last resort,, this place will get rid of the ones that don’t fit first don’t let any od rule book fool you
You are correct on this Lawnboy. Have a couple friends that work here for OD, and they said the same thing. It’s not seniority, but how productive, and non disruptive you are in determining who gets whacked first...

You are correct on this Lawnboy. Have a couple friends that work here for OD, and they said the same thing. It’s not seniority, but how productive, and non disruptive you are in determining who gets whacked first...
That's any non-union trucking company.... I've worked for.
Bottom up is last resort,, this place will get rid of the ones that don’t fit first don’t let any od rule book fool you
I guess OD is turning into Saia LTL, make the rules as they go.

That's any non-union trucking company.... I've worked for.

I guess OD is turning into Saia LTL, make the rules as they go.
I’ve been here almost a decade...not the same place now as when I started. Looks like it’s headed south, to the sewer! If I got laid off over someone that’s been here 2 years, there would be some .