ODFL | Layoffs

Overdrive posting a story of a driver been driving since 1950 in a 60’s kw and his story isn’t full of tears like the rest of you trying to use scare tactics on us golden era drivers,,

Truth is older I get, more women lookin up into the cab of this truck as I drive by with a smile because they’re shocked to see a handsome man running this equipment
I think they are shocked trying to figure out what the heck is a "Billylo"

You’re talking about the landscape truck that says how good you are at mowing grass and trimming bushes on the door?

LCehbbw.jpg

The bush trimming is by Appointment Only.

Overdrive posting a story of a driver been driving since 1950 in a 60’s kw and his story isn’t full of tears like the rest of you trying to use scare tactics on us golden era drivers,,

Truth is older I get, more women lookin up into the cab of this truck as I drive by with a smile because they’re shocked to see a handsome man running this equipment
No, they’re actually checking out THEIR reflections off of your clean trucks...making sure their make-up and lipstick are on just right.

Not sure which company washes your guys’ trucks, but damn....they’re clean!!

I just don’t get it. So 20 something yahoo calls drivers my age as pops, and says we need to get out of the truck. KMA!!! If it wasn’t for us “POPS,” much of the freight would come to a stand still. Last winter, who called off in the weather. Most of the young “Supertruckers.” The so called “Supertruckers,” have on percentage more accidents due to inexperience. Us “Old Pops,” driver’s with 2 million or more safe miles we got those from a AARP raffle. Here’s something Lil JR, why don’t you listen to some of the advice we have to offer to you instead of looking at us as prehistoric dinosaurs. Book knowledge doesn’t mean crap. It’s experience. Just like in PDX, I get front and center seating when a “Supertrucker” overshoots a king pin cuz the little dictator has his ass velcroed to the seat and can’t see that the trailer is high dropped. But that’s nothing. Two more of his Bozo brothers come over to help and it looks like a keystone cops silent movie. Especially when one Bozo forgets to set his brakes on his Pimp truck and it starts rolling across the lot. I laughed so hard I almost choked on my Geritol as I was taking a chug outta the jug. My point is, don’t single us out. Look in freakin mirror and know that Seabreeze, Billy, myself and many other nursing home refugees have something you “Stupidtruckers” don’t. Experience.[/QUOTE
I just don’t get it. So 20 something yahoo calls drivers my age as pops, and says we need to get out of the truck. KMA!!! If it wasn’t for us “POPS,” much of the freight would come to a stand still. Last winter, who called off in the weather. Most of the young “Supertruckers.” The so called “Supertruckers,” have on percentage more accidents due to inexperience. Us “Old Pops,” driver’s with 2 million or more safe miles we got those from a AARP raffle. Here’s something Lil JR, why don’t you listen to some of the advice we have to offer to you instead of looking at us as prehistoric dinosaurs. Book knowledge doesn’t mean crap. It’s experience. Just like in PDX, I get front and center seating when a “Supertrucker” overshoots a king pin cuz the little dictator has his ass velcroed to the seat and can’t see that the trailer is high dropped. But that’s nothing. Two more of his Bozo brothers come over to help and it looks like a keystone cops silent movie. Especially when one Bozo forgets to set his brakes on his Pimp truck and it starts rolling across the lot. I laughed so hard I almost choked on my Geritol as I was taking a chug outta the jug. My point is, don’t single us out. Look in freakin mirror and know that Seabreeze, Billy, myself and many other nursing home refugees have something you “Stupidtruckers” don’t. Experience.
We got a new 20 something line supervisor i pulled in the yard at 630am he said the computer said you should be here at 530am ,so after 30 years of somebody at a desk telling me what the highway is like i said im doing the best i can sir have a nice day

We got a new 20 something line supervisor i pulled in the yard at 630am he said the computer said you should be here at 530am ,so after 30 years of somebody at a desk telling me what the highway is like i said im doing the best i can sir have a nice day
I had a guy just like that while at Conway. Wanted to know why I was stopped at a certain spot (due to being tracked on the handheld) for 6.375168946204682694 minutes. I just yelled across the room (within earshot of all the female employees): “Because I had to bleed my lizard!!!”

Wrong reply, always, always, .... "been bucking a headwind, all night"

Well i started the stuff about guys not retiring. And i got over 20 years ltl . And no power steering when i started . So i ain't no young buck and nothing u can teach me. What i see is old guys who can't stand being home with the wife or can't get a hobby besides work,,,, probably wear their work uniform on their day off. Didn't save any money and can't quit cause still paying on a house bigger than they need

Well i started the stuff about guys not retiring. And i got over 20 years ltl . And no power steering when i started . So i ain't no young buck and nothing u can teach me. What i see is old guys who can't stand being home with the wife or can't get a hobby besides work,,,, probably wear their work uniform on their day off. Didn't save any money and can't quit cause still paying on a house bigger than they need
What's a work uniform? asking for a friend.

20 years is nothing 99000 employee number driver, go cry some extra board

ClGwHIC.jpg

I saw Billo heading for the Seattle terminal yesterday. I guess a new hire took the extra Boise run.
No I took it. I was going to call Billy and tell him to sleep in. Actually I need to hire Billy. I have a neighbor that’s to lazy to mow his lawn. I’ll pay BLS to come and do it.

I see. I learn something new every day. But I guess with your age you know it all. By the way, get your ass outta the truck.