ODFL | Layoffs

I just don’t get it. So 20 something yahoo calls drivers my age as pops, and says we need to get out of the truck. KMA!!! If it wasn’t for us “POPS,” much of the freight would come to a stand still. Last winter, who called off in the weather. Most of the young “Supertruckers.” The so called “Supertruckers,” have on percentage more accidents due to inexperience. Us “Old Pops,” driver’s with 2 million or more safe miles we got those from a AARP raffle. Here’s something Lil JR, why don’t you listen to some of the advice we have to offer to you instead of looking at us as prehistoric dinosaurs. Book knowledge doesn’t mean crap. It’s experience. Just like in PDX, I get front and center seating when a “Supertrucker” overshoots a king pin cuz the little dictator has his ass velcroed to the seat and can’t see that the trailer is high dropped. But that’s nothing. Two more of his Bozo brothers come over to help and it looks like a keystone cops silent movie. Especially when one Bozo forgets to set his brakes on his Pimp truck and it starts rolling across the lot. I laughed so hard I almost choked on my Geritol as I was taking a chug outta the jug. My point is, don’t single us out. Look in freakin mirror and know that Seabreeze, Billy, myself and many other nursing home refugees have something you “Stupidtruckers” don’t. Experience.

A driver with 40 years experience pulled the pump handle and hose off the pump the other day at my terminal. All that experience made him immune to paying attention!

You sure do generalize about younger drivers......

Any sources to back up your claim about younger drivers having more accidents?

You can talk about lack of experience all you want, but older "experienced" drivers seem to suffer from complacency a lot of the time.

A driver with 40 years experience pulled the pump handle and hose off the pump the other day at my terminal. All that experience made him immune to paying attention!

You sure do generalize about younger drivers......

Any sources to back up your claim about younger drivers having more accidents?

You can talk about lack of experience all you want, but older "experienced" drivers seem to suffer from complacency a lot of the time.

Just some young kid off the dock I bet, you show that 40 driver and fbn some respect,, we’re damn near sick and tired of you new gens trashing trucks. If you aren’t wrecking them, you’re leaving them filthy and btw your version of clean is still disgusting.

Watched a new young driver wallk past a 2018 just to get one of the bran new 2019's...yep, turn-key pretrip. They are really teaching them kids good these days. I think all our line tractors should be off limits to P&D unless it is assigned for the day from dispatch. I know at PDX city does not use line trucks unless absolutely necessary. But just to be fair, about 60 percent of our line guys do a turn key pretrip too. I'd be willing to bet one of our ex union guys did not know what kind of engine he had in the 2018 he drove for the last year or what color the anti-freez was, so its not always just the new kids. Billy you need to educate them

Watched a new young driver wallk past a 2018 just to get one of the bran new 2019's...yep, turn-key pretrip. They are really teaching them kids good these days. I think all our line tractors should be off limits to P&D unless it is assigned for the day from dispatch. I know at PDX city does not use line trucks unless absolutely necessary. But just to be fair, about 60 percent of our line guys do a turn key pretrip too. I'd be willing to bet one of our ex union guys did not know what kind of engine he had in the 2018 he drove for the last year or what color the anti-freez was, so its not always just the new kids. Billy you need to educate them
Since when was not doing a pretrip limited to the youngsters? That's 90% of drivers these days.

Just some young kid off the dock I bet, you show that 40 driver and fbn some respect,, we’re damn near sick and tired of you new gens trashing trucks. If you aren’t wrecking them, you’re leaving them filthy and btw your version of clean is still disgusting.
You'd lose that bet. I played my dues delivering beer and soda. I wasnt handed a high paying LTL job as a 21 year old kid.

Not a kid either, although itd be nice if I was. I'm probably half your age but I'm still well Into my 30s so you can knock off all that young kid rookie crap.

Just mildly irritated that older drivers act like they've been perfect their entire career, never made a mistake, walked to work up hill in the snow both ways, etc etc.

Before you talk smack you should have to disclose everything that's on your file at every job you've ever had. If its empty than you can run your mouth.

Hes not going to educate nobody.For as much of a loud mouth he is on the forum I doubt you hear a peep out of him at his own terminal.

You mean his description of a pretrip is,” if it rolls, it goes” ?

You'd lose that bet. I played my dues delivering beer and soda. I wasnt handed a high paying LTL job as a 21 year old kid.

Not a kid either, although itd be nice if I was. I'm probably half your age but I'm still well Into my 30s so you can knock off all that young kid rookie crap.

Just mildly irritated that older drivers act like they've been perfect their entire career, never made a mistake, walked to work up hill in the snow both ways, etc etc.

Before you talk smack you should have to disclose everything that's on your file at every job you've ever had. If its empty than you can run your mouth.
High pay ha ha ! Business owners

FYI high pay is 50 per hour with time and a half 75 dont you know any tradesman quit staring down at your phone 16 hours a day and go to a working mans bar and meet some real people

FYI high pay is 50 per hour and time and a half 75 dont you know any tradesmen quit staring down at your phone 16 hours a day and go to a working mans bar and meet some people and leave the skinny jeans at home