FedEx Freight | Let's Say WM attempts to take over FedEx

Hey... if I am overthinking well guess it is what it is. However if you think Low Prices has the network / infrastructure to compete well get ready..... FDX is right for the taking right now.

Then that would make express and ground worth 50 billion...
Still more the WM is ever gonna try to buy...
Maybe but market cap and enterprise value are 2 different things. Freight according to this analyst is worth $6.6 billion. I remember when Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett) payed more than that for a union railroad. $26.5 billion. After covid and the end of the rich getting much richer with free money at banks… anything is possible. Mr. Buffett could easily buy the freight division. Just plug and play.

I wonder why express is being gutted? Why is Freight being held as a wholly owned subsidiary? That leaves ground to basically handle shipments that were generated online.
Fred Smith did step aside.
Mr. Garrison stepped aside and let his sons run the business. And not too long after FedEx swooped in and bought AF. The Garrison boys walked away Uber Rich and here we are.
As far as Wal Mart buying ground and express… it’s a great idea they get infrastructure in place without a huge investment. I mean ground delivers a lot of Walmart.com as it is. In my eyes the future belongs to either Amazon(mostly contractor) model or Walmart(could be mostly contractor model) who will win?
We will have a front row seat. The original post is a real possibility.

raj said on bloomberg he wanted no company drivers. Wake up people the plan is clear.Freight is not clear but I would bet we are for sale.Our barn cut 4 runs to go down to 10 with 7 xtra boards,from 17 contactors a day to 22.We are being replaced by cheaper labor with the result being a worst customer experience.This current state of affairs could have been avoided a few years ago but we stayed complacent and did nothing.

raj said on bloomberg he wanted no company drivers. Wake up people the plan is clear.Freight is not clear but I would bet we are for sale.Our barn cut 4 runs to go down to 10 with 7 xtra boards,from 17 contactors a day to 22.We are being replaced by cheaper labor with the result being a worst customer experience.This current state of affairs could have been avoided a few years ago but we stayed complacent and did nothing.
my friend works in South Brunswick, NJ. They are getting new LH run- NJ to Harrisburg Fedex Frght( with 53 ft ground van)- grab empty go to fedex Ground in Harrisburg. Grab load to Ground in Carteret NJ. Grab empty go back to South Brunswick. he said they were to get more runs like this removing empty lanes for both companies

my friend works in South Brunswick, NJ. They are getting new LH run- NJ to Harrisburg Fedex Frght( with 53 ft ground van)- grab empty go to fedex Ground in Harrisburg. Grab load to Ground in Carteret NJ. Grab empty go back to South Brunswick. he said they were to get more runs like this removing empty lanes for both companies
Truth, Freight is getting runs a contractor would never purchase.

Maybe but market cap and enterprise value are 2 different things. Freight according to this analyst is worth $6.6 billion. I remember when Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett) payed more than that for a union railroad. $26.5 billion. After WuFlu and the end of the rich getting much richer with free money at banks… anything is possible. Mr. Buffett could easily buy the freight division. Just plug and play.
I'm just saying what they are worth.
Market cap gives a pretty good indication of that.