ODFL | List Od Ridiculous Stuff

Keep it up often and you’ll get the real OD family treatment when Corp catch you,, but hey you new guys know it all
I would ask for that rule to be added to the drivers handbook before I got the “family” treatment because it’s not in there.
After all I’m your typical new guy - I bleed OD green, I only know what’s on official OD documents, and I’m incapable of thinking for myself. OD can do no wrong and their unspoken, unpublished, and rarely communicated rules never contradict themselves...right??

I would ask for that rule to be added to the drivers handbook before I got the “family” treatment because it’s not in there.
After all I’m your typical new guy - I bleed OD green, I only know what’s on official OD documents, and I’m incapable of thinking for myself. OD can do no wrong and their unspoken, unpublished, and rarely communicated rules never contradict themselves...right??

There’s a lot of policy not in the rule book. Sound like another driver that would hook his set off duty when we had the blu’s.

Since you’re so determined not to why don’t you call a taxi for a ride home off the side of the highway next time you’re broke down or out of hours and see how this logic plays out for you...

Things go wrong, sometimes we have long days. No need to be so dramatic.
Problem is them slip-and-fall parasite lawyers.

you drivin after you outta hours and git in a accident they comin after the company AND you personally.

We clock in on line here in California. Office manager quit a couple weeks ago.My Saturday run 2 weeks ago was paid wrong. Not sure why it's so hard to get right.

Reactions: Ump
Bring in empties most days at the end of my run and forced to break them down. Then have to hook up empties when I get to work. Love all that extra money OD wastes going into my pocket.

When the tractor has to go to the dealer (8 miles away) for repair, do they call for a wrecker? Or does a driver drive it there? 1 driver to drive it, 1 driver to chase the delivering driver, 50 bucks in wages. 1 wrecker hook $300 bucks. Tough decisions. Ask a stock holder the same question. von.
At my terminal we have line drivers that volunteer to shuttle tractors between the shop and dealership for extra $$$