FedEx Freight | Little annoyances thread.

Slip seat guy leaves pieces of unknown meat around the steering wheel, leaves the fan on high and radio cranked up, mirrors readjusted, seat pumped up all the way to the ceiling and he's maybe 5'9", smokes something that smells like rotten fruit, drives 45-50 mph at night with the domelight on every night coming back to the yard. Other than that, he's a great guy.

Residential deliveries through Amazon. You get some stupid message that you need a pin number for when you call the number, then you leave a voicemail. The person never gets the message or calls back

Most times I try to google the name, or see if the voice mail lists their phone number. Failing that, I just show up and hope they are home or a neighbor has their number. Screw you Bezos!

When you're on a long turn and dispatch doesn't set up the return trip. Why do I have to waste time going inside and waiting for a dispatcher to get to me to set up the trip?

You know I'm on my way there and you know what I'm doing after. Just put it in the system so I can drop, hook and be on my way.
Start logging delay time and they'll quit that BS.

Oh the horrors... <insert sarcasm>

Should the radio remain on your chosen station too?
I don't listen to the radio so he can have all of the presets too. Actually it's the 25yr safety truck I earned last year. I realize there's not another soul that cares about it except me. The only benefit of it is that I don't have to switch trucks on bid changes. That's it.

When dock workers put strap hooks in the etrak rails and they get jammed in there from freight so you just have to cut the strap.

You lie!!! Stop lying, you liar.

Nobody uses straps anymore.:wee::wee::wee:

A lot of times you can just loosen it from the clip and slide the freight over so you can reach the hook and just pull it off.