FedEx Freight | Little annoyances thread.

Slip seat guy leaves pieces of unknown meat around the steering wheel, leaves the fan on high and radio cranked up, mirrors readjusted, seat pumped up all the way to the ceiling and he's maybe 5'9", smokes something that smells like rotten fruit, drives 45-50 mph at night with the domelight on every night coming back to the yard. Other than that, he's a great guy.
Lmao. I had a city driver like that before. He was a bit shorter than I and about my build but the seat would be fully inflated and the mirrors tilted fully inward. He also never came even remotely close to lining the tractor up with my dolly. All that is just being a dick on purpose.

Crank handles on the passenger side of trailers. Glad hands in the middle of the trailer. You have to pull out on the crank handle for high speed on the landing gear. Whoever decided these were good changes to implement on a trailer should be beaten.
There was a reason for those back in the Viking days. P&D pulled sets and cranking landing gear down standing next to traffic was…exhilarating.
Tractors had steps behind the cab to climb up and do the air lines.
Landing gear on the passenger side also meant you had to at least walk down the other side during pre and post trip.

There was a reason for those back in the Viking days. P&D pulled sets and cranking landing gear down standing next to traffic was…exhilarating.
Tractors had steps behind the cab to climb up and do the air lines.
Landing gear on the passenger side also meant you had to at least walk down the other side during pre and post trip.
Makes sense for that. I just really hate when I can’t connect the lines from the driver side

High dropped trailers. What’s so hard about leaving landing gear 2 inches off the ground and dumping air bags? And of course the race car drivers in the switchers sliding the trailers into home binding up the landing gear.
Shoulders comming out of the sockets , can we let the tractor do some of the work , when I get a trailer that the tractor actually lifts up it's a miracle and when this high dropping happens at a meet point I tell the driver aw com on man and next time I get there first I drop the bags put a 4x4 under the fifth raise the bags and crank the gear all the way down , you like high you got it boss

taking the fuse for the radio out is a favorite of mine. makes for a long day or night for that certain individual who justly deserves it. i just write it up as radio doesn't work. sometimes people catch on some don't

taking the fuse for the radio out is a favorite of mine. makes for a long day or night for that certain individual who justly deserves it. i just write it up as radio doesn't work. sometimes people catch on some don't
If you were like us poor people, your radio was attached to your handbag and went home with you each trip.

many moons ago my radio was in a milk crate . took it home every day. left it in tractor for another driver while i was on vacation. come back and radio was smashed since then i don't care
We never had assigned tractors.
I once found the right door locked, I put my box in front of the tractor, got distracted running my mouth.
I got in the tractor and ran over everything.
Tell me I ain't smart.

I go to dispatch and tell them to give me something else or cancel it. I take pictures first, though.
Yep. Already done that. And you already know what I’m going to tell you! Pay back is a -itch!!! Next tractor was all smashed up in the front! Pics taken. Back to dispatch and was told I was being a pain in the azz. Next tractor was the oldest on the property. Unhooked from a p&d unit! No problem. It stood @108 for two weeks! Heh heh heh!

The problem S69 , **** head TM does not care .

I have his email address.

E mail the photos to regional operations, district operations and cc the TM.

Attach the photos and professionally state that it's a safety concern and can lead to fines if inspected. If you really wanna be frisky, throw in some COVID stuff.

Then finish it up by saying the TM refused to rectify the situation and tried to force you out in an unsafe situation.

Let them figure it out from there. Operations managers and my TM have issues with me because I'll keep going up the ladder if things don't get resolved to my satisfaction.

Yep. Already done that. And you already know what I’m going to tell you! Pay back is a -itch!!! Next tractor was all smashed up in the front! Pics taken. Back to dispatch and was told I was being a pain in the azz. Next tractor was the oldest on the property. Unhooked from a p&d unit! No problem. It stood @108 for two weeks! Heh heh heh!
You know, as long as it’s road worthy I don’t care! Screw all of this high school crap! Bunch of crybaby punks! I’m out of here in 5 months so at this point I don’t give two shorts anymore!