XPO | Little Stuff...

Welcome To TB Niteshift3 you will find the best of the best here friend.
The TB Members should have a answer to just about anything you want
to know. Protect your identity , have fun , follow Jeff's rules and this will
become a part of your day.

Thanks for joining us here.
SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN > Jeff is The Boss , The Mods oversee things
and I feed the Company Squirrels , drink Jeff's beer and beat up bad guys.
:wee:

Company policy is no smoking on any of the company properties in the building and in any company equipment. If you smoke quit or don't smoke in the trucks. This is one thing they don't play around with. I seen employees written up for this. The last thing a TM wants is a driver to call HR about drivers smoking in trucks. Yes A/C
Really ? They don’t play around with this ? You’re kidding right ? We have 3 guys who smoke outside the barn on company property . Smoke in the tractors and in whosever truck they are driving . Management does absolutely nothing about it .

Fly-by-night, thank you very much for your info. Greatly appreciated and truck ‘‘em safe out there, Brother..
No smoking on or in company property - that is the rule - I am currently employed by XPO , by the way. In most cases you'll be able to smoke. I don't smoke and work at XPO daily and see people smoke regularly ( even management )

If you were punished for your habit you would win a big enough lawsuit to retire 10x over.

Today I applied for XPO CDL driving job. Does anyone on the forum here have a valid answer to the question of CAN you smoke in an XPO tractor going down the road? And, for the summertime, (90 degrees outside) does the tractors have A/C.? Thanks….
I can say each location is different. We have a few who smoke in trucks. Policy is definitely no smoking.

No smoking on or in company property - that is the rule - I am currently employed by XPO , by the way. In most cases you'll be able to smoke. I don't smoke and work at XPO daily and see people smoke regularly ( even management )

If you were punished for your habit you would win a big enough lawsuit to retire 10x over.
That's hilarious. That lawsuit would be laughed right out of the courtroom, if it even made it that far. "Smoker" has never been a protected class; you're more likely to be punished for being a straight, white male at XPO.
Really ? They don’t play around with this ? You’re kidding right ? We have 3 guys who smoke outside the barn on company property . Smoke in the tractors and in whosever truck they are driving . Management does absolutely nothing about it .
In my experience, management is content to rock the boat as little as possible, until the levels above them get involved. Then you will be surprised how quickly they move.

At my barn we have a dedicated smoking truck just don't be smoking while driving but it's a really old truck about to be put to sleep

In other words , you shouldn't be punished for smoking when it's so widespread. To be punished for something that there are rules and policies against while those same rules and policies are being ignored and broken by management ( management who are supposed to enforce the rules and policies by the way ) would be descrimination. Being singled out.

Usually , those that use tobacco and those that don't can stay out of each other's way. Usually. I appreciate those that use it even though I don't because these folks pay a LOT OF TAXES!

On the flip side , they also get a lot of extra time to support their habit.

Well sorry to hear you management team are a bunch of p u s s ys. Were I was that one thing he didn't play with was smoking in the trucks. I heard someone went to the labor board or something like that and filed a complaint about XPO/Con-way not provided a smoke free work place. Since the trucks are a shared work space.

Welcome To TB Niteshift3 you will find the best of the best here friend.
The TB Members should have a answer to just about anything you want
to know. Protect your identity , have fun , follow Jeff's rules and this will
become a part of your day.

Thanks for joining us here.
SMOKESTACK - TB ADMIN > Jeff is The Boss , The Mods oversee things
and I feed the Company Squirrels , drink Jeff's beer and beat up bad guys.
:wee:
and don't forget to send hot dogs to Smokestack on the 1st of every month

And why does XPO Logistics/Con-way get rid of or stop making trailers that let light in. They used to have trailers with fiberglass tops ( peddle vans ) and recently pups and peddle vans with portholes along the top sides to let light in.

Now , it's zero outside light getting in an it's like walking in a cave. It couldn't have been that expensive to cut a few 3 inch holes for light in the trailer.
Too much damage for trees in city operations.

Tech is great until it stops. Look at what happens when the handhelds go down or better yet the power goes out at your barn. You would think as much as we use the tech every barn would have a stand by generator ready to go.
I can personally attest to that. When Estes was hit this year by cyber attack it brought our operation to a standstill. It took a lot of effort and innovation to operate even at a limited capacity until systems came back up. Less than 2 decades ago, the whole operation was done without technology day in day out.

Yes XPO Logistics may be self insured but if they are responsible they are still reinsured against catastrophic loss.

I was curious if the active cruise control and lane departure tech has lowered the amount of accidents to the point of saving money.

I know I've seen this technology become available on cars over the last 10 years but don't know if it lowers insurance rates enough to justify the costs.

I haven't seen any heavy duty tractors that are new lately but I'm guessing they still have the extra technology. Light duty city tractors do not have it. Nobody in management has ever mentioned why there's a difference.
I don’t think that it so much saves on insurance as that it keeps insurance from going to even more stupid high levels than it is already.

100000454093f6ddce64fd6950.md.jpeg
https://add.pics/J1HGTL
1000004544476011ccd26f596c.md.jpeg

Is anyone else happy to see airbags for the drivers in the new tractors? I don't know if this will help but I'm still glad to see this small step.
Volvo has had them in their trucks for years. I drove a pre emissions Volvo that had one in. Con-way was good about not practicing what they preached. Volvo has been ranked one of the safest class 8 truck for years yet Con-way bought sterlings.

Air bags are a big step. If they could find a cure for anal inflammation and itching we’d be set. 400 + miles a night without the constant bother of it would be awesome. It’s the little stuff. I have tried everything but this last week was hell.

Last edited:
100000454093f6ddce64fd6950.md.jpeg
https://add.pics/J1HGTL
1000004544476011ccd26f596c.md.jpeg

Is anyone else happy to see airbags for the drivers in the new tractors? I don't know if this will help but I'm still glad to see this small step.
Did XPO get the TPMS system with these trucks? Remember they push safety first..Oh yea they come in the Freightliners and KW but they didn't spend the money. Yea they did spend tons of it to up[date the camera system