Yellow | Local Officers To Review Yrcw Contract On April 10

I don't agree I give up 15% of my pay and pension. The new hires signed on for what they where offering. Am sure they didn't go thru hardships like the rest of us that gave it up to save this company. And in doing so would allow the new hires a chance to work for a union company!. If a two tier package is what they need to offer to get the rest of us back to our 15% then so be it. Just the way I feel

Don’t worry old timer, the new hires will just vote no. There’s more new hires then guys before the merge so it will never pass. Also I was unaware that any new hire worked under a different contract then the “pre merge” guys, I though everyone was giving concessions. The big difference maker is this, who is going to want to hire a truck driver in their 50s with over 10 years in a union, compared to a new hire who is presumably younger and hasn’t been in a union as long. Better watch what you say because the new hires have a lot more to gain then you do.

Division guy says 15%, week vacation, no overtime till after 50. But he wouldn’t be in the position if he wasn’t a liar.

Don’t worry old timer, the new hires will just vote no. There’s more new hires then guys before the merge so it will never pass. Also I was unaware that any new hire worked under a different contract then the “pre merge” guys, I though everyone was giving concessions. The big difference maker is this, who is going to want to hire a truck driver in their 50s with over 10 years in a union, compared to a new hire who is presumably younger and hasn’t been in a union as long. Better watch what you say because the new hires have a lot more to gain then you do.
You guys don’t vote,Don’t attend union meetings,and complain that you have to pay union dues.And this is our future union members :36::chairshot::duh:

Your an idot lol

I don't agree I give up 15% of my pay and pension. The new hires signed on for what they where offering. Am sure they didn't go thru hardships like the rest of us that gave it up to save this company. And in doing so would allow the new hires a chance to work for a union company!. If a two tier package is what they need to offer to get the rest of us back to our 15% then so be it. Just the way I feel

That’s not brotherhood... that’s **** y’all I want mine.

I disagree, a lot of new hires never had it so good, throw a bonus at them and a 50cent raise over 4yrs and its a yes vote fir most of them, and as for hiring, everyones hiring, and Id take a guy 50 with 30yrs exp that can drive a stick over a young pup that needs an automatic and has to check his Twitter account every 5min!!

I wouldn't put it past the company to try to eliminate some of the o/t ! Remember that motor carriers are exempt from paying overtime under the FLSA, but we get o/t because of our contract!
https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs19.pdf
:stirthepot:
Both Political parties don't want to touch that hot potato no one cares about drivers even though they could possibly sway millions of votes from drivers and their families.

So do you think it will destroy ups? I don't. But you seem to think it will. If it works for ups why would it not work else where.

UPS makes billions, making it much easier to get a contract.I never said it would destroy UPS .They are a monster, but long term it will weaken the union.
The company knows the years of service of employees and know that many of the so called union brothers are nothing more than phony ,greedy chumps that were lucky enough to get a union job.

When selling out the next generation,(our children and grandchildren) it creates division and internal strife weakening the union.

It also shines a light on the people that support men working side by side with them in the same classification that will never make as much as them.
It’s total bullshitt and anyone that supports it makes us all look bad.

I for one can’t understand why this is even an option during negotiations .

I wouldn't put it past the company to try to eliminate some of the o/t ! Remember that motor carriers are exempt from paying overtime under the FLSA, but we get o/t because of our contract!
https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs19.pdf
:stirthepot:

And that bullshitt was from back in 1935.
Every dock we bump federal law says those workers get overtime after 40 hours.
Except when we bump a dock at a non union truck line.
Why haven’t we, and the IBT been pressuring congress to change this ??
It is not fair to non union truckers to be the only ones in the country being paid by the hour and not getting overtime after 40.
It would also make us much more competitive if the nons had to pay their city and dock time and a half.

And that bullshitt was from back in 1935.
Every dock we bump federal law says those workers get overtime after 40 hours.
Except when we bump a dock at a non union truck line.
Why haven’t we, and the IBT been pressuring congress to change this ??
It is not fair to non union truckers to be the only ones in the country being paid by the hour and not getting overtime after 40.
It would also make us much more competitive if the nons had to pay their city and dock time and a half.

Where are the Democrats that the Union keeps pressuring us to vote for?

I'm all for 2 tier wages. If u don't want to get your CDL why should you make is much as me. I like hippy lettuce just as much as the next guy but I choose to make max paycheck.

I'm all for 2 tier wages. If u don't want to get your CDL why should you make is much as me. I like hippy lettuce just as much as the next guy but I choose to make max paycheck.

That is different pay for different classifications.
Like the laborers scale is less than the heavy equipment operator.

Two tier is doing the same job for two different scales.
The man under you will never make what you make.

All one has to do is put it in perspective and ask “ what if it were me under him for life” then no one would justify it.

That is different pay for different classifications.
Like the laborers scale is less than the heavy equipment operator.

Two tier is doing the same job for two different scales.
The man under you will never make what you make.

All one has to do is put it in perspective and ask “ what if it were me under him for life” then no one would justify it.
Ok thanks for the clarification on that. No I'm not for different pay for people who have a CDL.