Yellow | Local Officers To Review Yrcw Contract On April 10

The ones they give millions of our money to?
You think there is money left for politicians after Hoffa and his buddies all get done lining their pockets? I really believe that if more of the lazy Teamsters got off their asses and voted in the last election all of us at UPS YRC and ABF would have been in a much better place with all of these negotians in the last year! Maybe it will give some people incentive to vote next time! I doubt it!

You think there is money left for politicians after Hoffa and his buddies all get done lining their pockets? I really believe that if more of the lazy Teamsters got off their asses and voted in the last election all of us at UPS YRC and ABF would have been in a much better place with all of these negotians in the last year! Maybe it will give some people incentive to vote next time! I doubt it!
I think all unions will make a comeback someday. Problem is, it seems most people are willing(lazy) to take an awful lot before they get up and fight.

VOTE we can WIN this time around
fffb6af3013628946667752cbc83afa0.jpg

I wish I knew the powers that be allowing this to continue.
Probably big money being spent on contributions from the major LTL players.
I would say it's being spent on both sides of the aisle.
I don't trust either side.

If they did away with the railway act all drivers would have to get OT after 40 hours just not LTL. The Railway act allows drivers to get paid by the load, the day and the mile, OT, no OT or some where in the middle. Remember most LTL’s pay their L/H by the mile with no OT. This would now either have to change to hourly jobs or to figure out how to pay them OT. This is what is happening in Ca. FedEx switched their L/H to hourly to make it easy to comply. It would definitely level the field, it for sure would kill the OTR jobs. The cost to ship would go way up, but then it would hurt Amazon big time ( so that would be good- anti amazon !!)

If they did away with the railway act all drivers would have to get OT after 40 hours just not LTL. The Railway act allows drivers to get paid by the load, the day and the mile, OT, no OT or some where in the middle. Remember most LTL’s pay their L/H by the mile with no OT. This would now either have to change to hourly jobs or to figure out how to pay them OT. This is what is happening in Ca. FedEx switched their L/H to hourly to make it easy to comply. It would definitely level the field, it for sure would kill the OTR jobs. The cost to ship would go way up, but then it would hurt Amazon big time ( so that would be good- anti amazon !!)

I’m specifically referring to dock and city.I know some would try and pay city by the stop to prevent paying overtime,but if their drivers weren’t making as much as the other companies they would quit.

Most LTL lines work their city drivers over 60 hours every week when busy.
They get paid by the hour not mile so how come no time and a half?

I’m specifically referring to dock and city.I know some would try and pay city by the stop to prevent paying overtime,but if their drivers weren’t making as much as the other companies they would quit.

Most LTL lines work their city drivers over 60 hours every week when busy.
They get paid by the hour not mile so how come no time and a half?

Same reason as some food service companies pay by the hour, day or piece -( Drivers/ warehouse)- it’s legal. They do all local work just like LTL( in most cases harder work).

And that bullshitt was from back in 1935.
Every dock we bump federal law says those workers get overtime after 40 hours.
Except when we bump a dock at a non union truck line.
Why haven’t we, and the IBT been pressuring congress to change this ??
It is not fair to non union truckers to be the only ones in the country being paid by the hour and not getting overtime after 40.
It would also make us much more competitive if the nons had to pay their city and dock time and a half.

And more importantly it’s the right thing to do. Truck drivers are skilled labor, contrary to popular opinion.

Will the details of the contract be out after the two man meeting? Will truckingboards break the news or do we have to wait until the meeting with the union to sell it to everyone?

Will the details of the contract be out after the two man meeting? Will truckingboards break the news or do we have to wait until the meeting with the union to sell it to everyone?
If the two man ends by 5 and the conference call starts at 8 we better have someone on here that can break the news in the two or three hours inbetween!