ODFL | Lunch Time

Actually, just don’t drive after the 8th hour til ya had it, accordin to fed regs.

If yer log exempt though, hell with it. Git er dun and come home.
Come off break at 8:01 & you’re good for your 16 exemption was my point. Two hour extension & 30 minutes wasted on second :30. Oh, the wisdom of lawmakers lol.

Come off break at 8:01 & you’re good for your 16 exemption was my point. Two hour extension & 30 minutes wasted on second :30. Oh, the wisdom of lawmakers lol.
How can any lawmaker approve that an american citizen works a 16 hour day thats turn of the century robber baron riots at the meat packing plant stuff

How can any lawmaker approve that an american citizen works a 16 hour day thats turn of the century robber baron riots at the meat packing plant stuff
Aint a fair comparison. That was an every day thing, instead of once in a very great while at least for this driver.

Sucks when it happens but sometimes it cant be helped. Rule no 1 is ::shit:: happens on the road. Rule no 2 is drivers or politicians that think they know how to do a driver’s job better than a driver does cant change rule no 1.

Maybe I can help clear up the confusion about this. Here is the current rule regarding the 30 minute. XPO wants our city guys to take their break between the 4th and 6th hour, but that's policy only, not law. This applies to driving hours only so if for example one of your line drivers showed 6 hours of driving followed by 2.5 hours of on duty without a break, he's still in compliance as long as he takes a 30 minute break before going back to the driving line. I hope you guys find this post helpful.
Rest Breaks
May drive only if 8 hours or less have passed since end of driver’s last off-duty or sleeper berth period of at least 30 minutes. Does not apply to drivers using either of the short-haul exceptions in 395.1(e). [49 CFR 397.5 mandatory “in attendance” time may be included in break if no other duties performed]

Maybe I can help clear up the confusion about this. Here is the current rule regarding the 30 minute. XPO wants our city guys to take their break between the 4th and 6th hour, but that's policy only, not law. This applies to driving hours only so if for example one of your line drivers showed 6 hours of driving followed by 2.5 hours of on duty without a break, he's still in compliance as long as he takes a 30 minute break before going back to the driving line. I hope you guys find this post helpful.
Rest Breaks
May drive only if 8 hours or less have passed since end of driver’s last off-duty or sleeper berth period of at least 30 minutes. Does not apply to drivers using either of the short-haul exceptions in 395.1(e). [49 CFR 397.5 mandatory “in attendance” time may be included in break if no other duties performed]
You seem to understand more than others, the reg's. Most of the reg's are not in effect until a driver sits behind the wheel & drives. Before the 14 hr rule, a road driver arrives his terminal completing a 70 hr week. He then goes to the dock loading freight for 10 hours. He is not in violation. When he goes back to driving, he must make sure he has the hours to drive. With the 14 hour rule, does he still have to take 10 off, or can he still work the dock & be in compliance? von.

You seem to understand more than others, the reg's. Most of the reg's are not in effect until a driver sits behind the wheel & drives. Before the 14 hr rule, a road driver arrives his terminal completing a 70 hr week. He then goes to the dock loading freight for 10 hours. He is not in violation. When he goes back to driving, he must make sure he has the hours to drive. With the 14 hour rule, does he still have to take 10 off, or can he still work the dock & be in compliance? von.
Yes... Hope this clears it up for you! :452::6788:

Yes... Hope this clears it up for you! :452::6788:
This is one of the times I can't see the forest for the trees.If you were to work the dock after 70 or 14 hours on the clock without taking 10 off, are you in violation or not? I am not sure. I say since he does not drive after 70/14 but work the dock, he IS NOT in violation. Please help me see the forest. Thanks. von.

Reactions: Ump
I’ve had to utilize a handful of times to get home. Guys that use it every cycle to make a couple more $ was probly Triplex’s point.

This is one of the times I can't see the forest for the trees.If you were to work the dock after 70 or 14 hours on the clock without taking 10 off, are you in violation or not? I am not sure. I say since he does not drive after 70/14 but work the dock, he IS NOT in violation. Please help me see the forest. Thanks. von.

HOS regulations only affect your ability to drive, nothing else. You can work (non-driving) till you drop if you'd like. The person in your example is not in violation. Can you now see the oaks, maples, aspen, etc.?

You can work past 14 so long as you’re not driving, but I do believe you would be in violation if you work past 70 no matter what you do.

I stand corrected, I just checked fmcsa website. You can’t drive after 70, but you can work until the second coming as long as you don’t drive.

I liked the old 50s logging system, you picked up the amount of hrs. used 7 days previous at the same start time.
If freight was heavy, you could be out of hrs. Fri and be off all weekend.
Not good for hungry, long winded guys.

HOS regulations only affect your ability to drive, nothing else. You can work (non-driving) till you drop if you'd like. The person in your example is not in violation. Can you now see the oaks, maples, aspen, etc.?
Thanks. BUT, I can't find any Spruce or Douglas Fur. Any thoughts on how to solve this issue? von.

I see some guys have already answered.. You can work as many hours as you want in a non driving capacity... But if you want to drive you must take your 10 consecutive hours off before doing so.

If your a cdl driver when you park your car at the company you need to be back in that car 14 hours later and once a week it can be 16 hours later when you start doing dock work your still a driver your job title did not change