Yellow | Major Meeting In Overland Park This Morning?

That is the only fact about the meeting I know. Not sure about any of the other rumors being posted about the meeting. Funny thing is how fast some members want to high-jack a post about something that could be important to everyone, then nobody reads the important posts any longer because they get tired of reading the useless posts by members that don't really care what's going on anyway.

So, in the first 54 posts there Might have been 2 with info? You still got to respond and post, so no- the thread wasn't 'hi-jacked'. Had there only been one post- then wait a few days for info, it would've faded away. Would have been so boring few would've read it. The board is entertaining for a bunch of bored old guys while STILL being the most informing on the Web! This isn't dry old Transport Topics.....

Start a thread- put in the opening 'no hijacking or funny stuff please' and it'll be fine- guys will respect it. Otherwise, wait for the new roof.....

Well whatever the outcome of that meeting that occurred ,it is out of our hands and have to continue on doing our jobs amid new rumors of this and that! I always say regardless of what happens
LIFE WILL GO ON:bgroovy:

Ummmmmm,..... I'd say they are trying to run you out of business.....

Conway n fed ex tried this strategy already, but yet i still see yrc on the road. How'd that work for them??? If odfl is gun try n do this alone i hope they burn themselves. Big ugly bugers on the road WATCH OUT!!!

Da Ridge is gone, An invester is going to turn it into a retail center. This has long been posted at the Heights.
Don't count the Ridge out just yet . The Southtown Star had an article on Sept 25 2013 page 3 that said that mayor Tokar and the village of Chicago Ridge reached an outcome wih YRC that is positive for YRC and the village . Per the Southtown Star article : Chicago Ridge targets Harlem redevelopment 9/25/2013 . Could be they made a deal over the old city / Neidert dock to get rid of and keep the big house .:1036316054:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an idea on what this is about but in the event I'm wrong I don't want to give them any ideas . All I will say it ain't good . Then again it could be that YRC wants to repurchase the terminals that R&L previously purchased and then leased back to YRC . Who's to say ABF didn't buy YRC terminals as well . Just a thought .

I have an idea on what this is about but in the event I'm wrong I don't want to give them any ideas . All I will say it ain't good . Then again it could be that YRC wants to repurchase the terminals that R&L previously purchased and then leased back to YRC . Who's to say ABF didn't buy YRC terminals as well . Just a thought .

What terminals did R and L buy? I knew Estes bought a bunch. Here in Indy- Estes bought the Holland terminal, moved Holland to the old Roadway terminal (YRC in the old Yellow one), then Estes sold the old Preston terminal(That started life in the 1960s as Yellow, then TMX I think) that they were in to OD (next door, which they were in the old CF terminal). OD tore down most of both, and built a brand new palace of a place- finished six months ago.

Can't tell the players without a scorecard! Who's on First??????

What terminals did R and L buy? I knew Estes bought a bunch. Here in Indy- Estes bought the Holland terminal, moved Holland to the old Roadway terminal (YRC in the old Yellow one), then Estes sold the old Preston terminal(That started life in the 1960s as Yellow, then TMX I think) that they were in to OD (next door, which they were in the old CF terminal). OD tore down most of both, and built a brand new palace of a place- finished six months ago.

Can't tell the players without a scorecard! Who's on First??????
R & L bought the Montgomery Il. Terminal and leased it back to YRC. Do we know if R&L didn't buy other terminals in other parts of the country ? could be .

I would say that in order to keep most of the customers that ABF has in the event of a strike. (Because if ABF loses those customers they sure in the hell wont go to another union outfit) YRC and RandL are preparing to service these customers.so when the impasse passes no shipper will be lost.its a tight market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

YRCW Selling Holland and Reddaway?

A source today tells me that the meeting did take place, but what was discussed was that R&L wants to purchase Reddaway to extend it's footprint in the west, and ABF wants to purchase Holland to expand into more regional freight. YRCW will use the money from the purchases to pay down debt and move forward with a better balance sheet for the future. This makes more sense than the other rumors I've heard. I was told that this came from a pretty good source. Take it for what it's worth.

:stirthepot:

A source today tells me that the meeting did take place, but what was discussed was that R&L wants to purchase Reddaway to extend it's footprint in the west, and ABF wants to purchase Holland to expand into more regional freight. YRCW will use the money from the purchases to pay down debt and move forward with a better balance sheet for the future. This makes more sense than the other rumors I've heard. I was told that this came from a pretty good source. Take it for what it's worth.

:stirthepot:

You will see this happen(IMHO) before they(YRC) releases their next quarter results; because you know those are gonna suck!

Does this mean ABF is done suing YRC & the Teamsters?

R&L bought the Kansas City terminal several years ago from someone else who Yellow had been leasing from previously.

Holland/New Penn is making the profit, YRCF is operating in the 99 -101 range can't last long like that plus we'll still have debt and interest payments Holland/Redaway did not appreciate in value under the reins of KC, they lost value when Dugan, YRC logistics and YRC trailer load were closed/sold..................