Yellow | Major Meeting In Overland Park This Morning?

Holland/New Penn is making the profit, YRCF is operating in the 99 -101 range can't last long like that plus we'll still have debt and interest payments Holland/Redaway did not appreciate in value under the reins of KC, they lost value when Dugan, YRC logistics and YRC trailer load were closed/sold..................
All those YRC logistics, and TR Glennmore, and China NEVR MADE MONEY!!!

(plus we'll still have debt and interest payments) HELLO??? NOT IF YOU PAYOFF THE DEBT!

What is your solution???

The point is Holland is not worth what we paid for it/borrowed for it so selling it for 6-800m is not going to pay off all the debt therefore we still have interest payments old worn out junk for equipment and no cash on hand........................

If anyone believes that selling off operating subsidiaries will save YRCF, they're delusional.

A source today tells me that the meeting did take place, but what was discussed was that R&L wants to purchase Reddaway to extend it's footprint in the west, and ABF wants to purchase Holland to expand into more regional freight. YRCW will use the money from the purchases to pay down debt and move forward with a better balance sheet for the future. This makes more sense than the other rumors I've heard. I was told that this came from a pretty good source. Take it for what it's worth.

:stirthepot:
What happens to the Green Machine in the N.E., we still are stuck with the evil empire.

The point is Holland is not worth what we paid for it/borrowed for it so selling it for 6-800m is not going to pay off all the debt therefore we still have interest payments old worn out junk for equipment and no cash on hand........................

If vitran only brought 2 million,holland has more dump terminals and junk equipment then they ever had.yellow would be lucky if they could give it away.

It would bury yrcf. The regionals are the only thing keeping the yellow pig alive.

I disagree. There is that whole debt factor that undermines profitability.

There have been times in the past when OR was above 100, the company showed losses and still survived.

Not as many consecutive quarters as for YRC Freight, but it has been an issue in the past for both heritages.

I do not think that selling off profitable regionals is a good plan, but with Welch's vision of returning to the roots of the company, it must have been considered at some point.

How about **** and pillage the regional s and bankrupt them.
Taking the capacity out of the market place and raising the rates.
If their getting back to their " Roots" then this is how Old Yeller operated in the old days kids
The only survivor operating today would be SAIA
RIP 151

A source today tells me that the meeting did take place, but what was discussed was that R&L wants to purchase Reddaway to extend it's footprint in the west, and ABF wants to purchase Holland to expand into more regional freight. YRCW will use the money from the purchases to pay down debt and move forward with a better balance sheet for the future. This makes more sense than the other rumors I've heard. I was told that this came from a pretty good source. Take it for what it's worth.

:stirthepot:
I heard the meeting started Saturday night at Arthur Bryants, and concluded Sunday at the Chiefs game.

well if this is true? i guess i can kiss holland job goodbye? just been there about 60day's. things have gone pretty well so far! be interesting to see how this play's out. if abf were to buy holland? union company buying union company. i am not sure if all of reddaway is union? but r&l is very antiunion non union buying a union company? interesting!!

I disagree. There is that whole debt factor that undermines profitability.

There have been times in the past when OR was above 100, the company showed losses and still survived.

Not as many consecutive quarters as for YRC Freight, but it has been an issue in the past for both heritages.

I do not think that selling off profitable regionals is a good plan, but with Welch's vision of returning to the roots of the company, it must have been considered at some point.

The debt belongs to yrcw not yrcf. The interest payments have nothing to do with yrcf's high OR. Interest payments cut into yrcw's profits but have no effect on the performance of the operating companies.

I have been with Yellow and YRC for 23 years. After Yellow's over zealous purchases of Roadway in 2003 and USF Corp. in 2005 and the subsiquent collapse of the economy, there is no way YRC is selling the "cash cows". This is the free cash flow money they are using to rebuild the YRC Freight ship which was just thrown together over night at the insistence of the banks.New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway are all union also.the only possible purchase that everyone needs to watch for is YRC buying ABF. Trust me, this is not going away. That is the only union company left for them to get entangled in this vicious Webb of deceit.

I have been with Yellow and YRC for 23 years. After Yellow's over zealous purchases of Roadway in 2003 and USF Corp. in 2005 and the subsiquent collapse of the economy, there is no way YRC is selling the "cash cows". This is the free cash flow money they are using to rebuild the YRC Freight ship which was just thrown together over night at the insistence of the banks.New Penn, Holland, and Reddaway are all union also.the only possible purchase that everyone needs to watch for is YRC buying ABF. Trust me, this is not going away. That is the only union company left for them to get entangled in this vicious Webb of deceit.
yrc couldn't buy toilet paper from ABF. That was a scare tactic to get yes votes from ABF drivers. "Vote yes or we will make you part of yellow" it worked on the New Penn drivers as well.

The only one caveat to what you say is my experience with Preston, then years at Yellow afterward. I have seen that Yellow Corp had the unique ability to shift/assign debt to whatever division they desired in order to make that division or another division look bad/good. It would never surprise me to see them suddenly shift debt to any of the YRCW Subsidiaries now and sink that one or many, in order to let the one they want remaining to survive. I thought they would have done it by now, actually....perhaps the conrtolling banks have said no? Or the timing is not right yet? Or maybe they actually have a way to come back? I believe their original plan was working- no one counted on the economy tanking for the last 6 years, so they have no way to grow out of it.....