FedEx Freight | Mandatory 30 minute break

We were told they were going to fix it so the truck could be running because we have plenty of nights where it is 30 below.
Just curious. We have to take our lunch on the handheld within a certain time frame and yes moving the truck ends your lunch. Don't think it's a glitch at all. Intentional to catch people not in compliance with the lunch law in my state. Those that would prefer to take a working lunch.

I can start my tractor on lunch for climate control and it will idle for two whole minutes unless I intervene. This does not end my lunch, But if it moves my lunch is over. Then I have some 'splaining to do.

Lets see, this morning I got back from a domicile went to the fuel island, logged off for the mandatory 30min, then I fueled, spotted a trlr in the door, got my gear and had an airline replaced and went and hooked my set in the rain, on our equipment as long as you don't move over a quarter mile or so your good, they know there may be a situation that you have to move.

Try it! Heck all you will get is wrote up right? If you do, play the PoPo card, tell mgmt they made you move.

In California, it's a hard 30 minute rule. Some guys were taking their handheld into dispatch so they could hook and break on their lunch...warned that's "falsification" and grounds for immediate dismissal.

We were told we don't have to put the lunch break in our handhelds any more. we just have to log it. I run a meet/turn so when I here by lil buddy bleep my arrival, I start my time and I use the 7 or 8 minute rule. How is this falsification? We have used it for years. I understand the dispatch thing your talking about to break the vector. At the meet tho the HH stays in the tractor.

We were told we don't have to put the lunch break in our handhelds any more. we just have to log it. I run a meet/turn so when I here by lil buddy bleep my arrival, I start my time and I use the 7 or 8 minute rule. How is this falsification? We have used it for years. I understand the dispatch thing your talking about to break the vector. At the meet tho the HH stays in the tractor.

Exactly what I was told so I only log it. Screw that paper weight. I just make sure my punch in time to the dock matches the end time of my break.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

No, was a one time payout from a class action lawsuit. Ca law mandates lunches, it is up to the company to enforce compliance. They didn't, somebody filed suit, we all got paid, except one or two that were afraid of retribution.