FedEx Freight | Mandatory 30 minute break

you are one of the reasons for this new law. it's the drivers that forge their logs that are getting in accidents or worse. for those of us that have been on e-logs for years, this is just another factor we have to deal with.

That's a little harsh. I had a creative pen before I went on elogs and am accident free.

Hell, the first 6 years of driving involved multiple books and some really creative logging.

Guardrail

I'll tell ya what I dig, this 30 min break! I pack a good lunch and when I log off, I enjoy it, I kick back and have some me time, the company takes 30min out of my check anyway, with this new law the temptation to work through it is gone!

You see they do know what's best for us...:biglaugh:

This 30 min break works out ok for somay e and others it is just a plain PITA and a finacial hit so not to mention the extra 2.5 hours away from home a week so like everything else depends on each individuals situation!!!

This 30 min break works out ok for somay e and others it is just a plain PITA and a finacial hit so not to mention the extra 2.5 hours away from home a week so like everything else depends on each individuals situation!!!

Your right Moose, with me they always take 2.5 a week, before the rule I worked through to get the stuff back to our guys waiting, I guess I'm happy about it because now I don't have to stress about our guys waiting anymore, plus I'm not pissing away the 2.5 hrs a week. I'm gonna work 12-13 hrs most nights anyhow, so that 30 min don't matter, just gives me time to eat in peace and relax.

I have been taking it when I get to the hub. Show 15 min drop and 30 min lunch. Pretty darn close, might fudge cpl minutes on drop.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Do all of you have to take your lunch on the handheld?

We were told not to since there is a bug in the software that cancels the lunch if the truck is moved. During the 30 minutes we are allowed to drive to a nearby location since we are off duty was the reason given.

roog

Heard that a few drivers were caught by HRO logged off on lunch and hooked their equipment up. The pig tail being hooked to the trailers told on them. So if your on lunch (logged) don't hook pigtail up till your off lunch. This was what HRO told the drivers when they called.

Heard that a few drivers were caught by HRO logged off on lunch and hooked their equipment up. The pig tail being hooked to the trailers told on them. So if your on lunch (logged) don't hook pigtail up till your off lunch. This was what HRO told the drivers when they called.

Huh?? Pigtail told on them???

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

plugging in the trailers activates the gps tag on the trailing equipment....

Just curious. We have to take our lunch on the handheld within a certain time frame and yes moving the truck ends your lunch. Don't think it's a glitch at all. Intentional to catch people not in compliance with the lunch law in my state. Those that would prefer to take a working lunch.