FedEx Freight | Mandatory 30 minute break

We are currently not on paperless logs, therefore, taking the 30 min meal on handheld is irrelevant. As long as there's 30 min OFF Duty logged on your log before your 8th hour on duty, you are in compliance. At this time they don't care if you enter your meal on handheld. When it becomes a paperless log system it will matter. This is going to be interesting that's for sure. All shuttle drivers and anyone else who works the dock, will be losing almost $3000 a year. 2 1/2hrs a week adds up. Thank You Mr. President.
This whole Hours of Service change has been brought to you by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and their Communist allies in the Anti-Trucking activists. They were trying to shorten the hours allowed to drive, so that union carriers would add more drivers, therefore, increasing the the union membership to line their pockets with $$$. The rouse of "safety" is a sham
Do you really believe that **** in your heart..LOL, I mean really? Come on Bro, your gonna blame the union for this? Does your hate run that deep?

Not that fedex will allow it but according to the fmcsr under personal conveyance as long as you are relieved of duty and with out a trl or trls you can travel short distance to a restaurant
to get something to eat and log it off duty. fedex over rules :notworthy:

"I ain't got no panties on

Hi, I'm GT, and I'm just a number, of little to no value."

GT, while I would have guessed you were going commando (like it a little rough?), to your boss you may be just a number, yet your posts here prove you're a grizzled industry veteran with years of experience and the wisdom that go with those years, so you do have value...just not to your boss. :bat:

ST, weathered by the storm.

Try just showing 30 off on your log and don't worry about the handheld in my state. If you start your lunch just one minute late on your handheld a very large pile of fecal material hits the rotary oscillator.

at indy,you can leave and go to subway,or dennys ,if you are waiting on dock,on delay,or on lunch,waiting at meet point,can go to get food.

"I ain't got no panties on

Hi, I'm GT, and I'm just a number, of little to no value."

GT, while I would have guessed you were going commando (like it a little rough?), to your boss you may be just a number, yet your posts here prove you're a grizzled industry veteran with years of experience and the wisdom that go with those years, so you do have value...just not to your boss. :bat:

ST, weathered by the storm.

Thanks ST, that means a hell of alot coming from you Brother, as others were saying about moving the truck to go eat, I have electronic logs and that truck can't be put in drive until 30 min has expired on my operating system, and thats XATA, I wish we still had paper logs..LOL!

and the fun begins, our terminal managers and inbound supervisor was pissed this morning because everybody got in late, I said blame your government, and get used to it, this will be norm from now on

and the fun begins, our terminal managers and inbound supervisor was pissed this morning because everybody got in late, I said blame your government, and get used to it, this will be norm from now on

Our mgrs feel their pain bumped, we had 7 late trailers in Tulsa alone!

Here's a question...are they going to let u use the 8 minute rule...say u arrive at 1305.....sign out for lunch.......sign in at 1325.....by DOT/ Logs you were logged at 1300-1330...do your TO at the meet and depart at 1337...this being the fact that we drivers that have meets...move our tractors to go to the truck stop or what ever.This is all just for a what if...scenario....

You have to take the full 30 minute lunch on the top line,then you can use the 8 minute rule on your TO at your meet point.

FedEx will be checking your handheld to your logs.They better match or in there eyes you are falsifying your logs.Remember when we first started using the handheld several people were let go for falsifying logs.Just saying!!

They don't want you in the truck for 30 minutes,they want you to go inside for 30 minutes.Thats why the trucks don't run for more than 3 minutes at a time.Handheld must match your log per FedEx rules.

I always thought it was a 7 minute rule? You shouldn't be moving your tractor at meet point unless your meet guy is there. Central told me that we are to stay hook to the set until meet guy arrives.

wrong, when you arrive get out from your set start your 30 minute break,then use your 7 minute rule on your TO

They don't want you in the truck for 30 minutes,they want you to go inside for 30 minutes.Thats why the trucks don't run for more than 3 minutes at a time.Handheld must match your log per FedEx rules.

I know I no longer work for FXF and now work for Sysco but our mgr told us the same this morning, he wants us to plan our break to where we can hit a place that we can rest or eat or whatever, he don't want us on an exit ramp...I don't mind being on a ramp if I'm sleepy though ;)

The unit I drive, you have to take the key out. If you move, say to go to a better menu, the "meal" clock resets and the screen locks out. I use the "break timer," instead of the "meal clock," I drop out, do my business, pretrip, then set the clock back a half hour, wait if I have to, and then go. Working a shuttle, I just drop out, and then start the clock. I show a half hour break, do I take one? -no. If it's over 22 minutes, its a break to me. I was told you do not have to show it on the handheld- for now. Just do it, because someday- you will have to.

The majority of the time, my wand is still configuring when I get back to go home anyway, now what? I'm sure the DOT will understand, my gate was more important than finding a wand that works.

You have to use the meal break or you are not in compliance to your 30 min break.It has to be the full 30 minutes.Then you can use the 7 minute rule on your TO