FedEx Freight | Mandatory 30 minute break

and the fun begins, our terminal managers and inbound supervisor was pissed this morning because everybody got in late, I said blame your government, and get used to it, this will be norm from now on

Then you have a bunch of slackers at your barn. There's enough time built into the run (including a 30 min lunch) to allow for this simple rule change. Quit screwing off and get to your meet point, take your 30 min lunch and go home.

Why is this so difficult? I rarely ran a run where I didn't spend at least 30 min at a meet point anyway.

You guys sure like making drama.

your tractor is you transportation, it would be the same if you were laid down somewhere.
This is for those who meet at a truck stop, and leave their set in front of the pumps, the owner won't have to look for you across the street- eating better food. We were told to stay hooked in case of an emergency to move quickly, before another truck backs into you...

Are you road drivers that worried about taking a 30 min. break ,ITS THE LAW, But you guys are so worried about a penny . ITS the law LIve with it

We were told we can't have the truck running, so we're all wondering what to do in 20 below?
Park at the truckstop across the street or down the road from your center, then arrive unhook, fuel, place your trailers to the door, THEN turn in your bills and scan to the dock, if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
and the fun begins, our terminal managers and inbound supervisor was pissed this morning because everybody got in late, I said blame your government, and get used to it, this will be norm from now on
Being late or p'd off? I'm always/already both...This will just give them an excuse for shortening runs and using contractors.

Lighten up francis!!!
For me it has nothing to do with it being the law nor money.I just have not lost anything out on the road or at truckstops.I like to get out and back asap,I guess you could say I am somewhat of a disengaged employee.I have complained about so many things that they do that could save money or reduce some of this UNNECESSARY DELAY they pay if is ridiculous. So for me if their freight is late coming in or going out oh well.There are many ways to make that 30 up throughout the day.

What happens in CA, eventually happens everywhere. NY and CA pretty much run America, whether you agree or not. I personally have no desire to visit either... I know I won't be missed. There are 48 "other" states or 55 according to this administration....
Yea its in CA, have to be on your best behavior

i guess nobody has heard of creative logging !!

you are one of the reasons for this new law. it's the drivers that forge their logs that are getting in accidents or worse. for those of us that have been on e-logs for years, this is just another factor we have to deal with.