FedEx Freight | Mandatory dock work for Road drivers

I’ll likely be here for two more years. Sadly while they are good. Go back and read how I was laid off because Fedex hated my favorite contractor. Notice how it forced me to Job hop when I didn’t want to because they laid me off. I was with them for almost two years. I loved that morning gig with 6-5 hour shifts.

When I jumped I didn’t research my new contractor and found out I took a massive pay cut with no 401K and Health insurance. It was my fought for not researching enough. I gave my two weeks notice.

A. Duie while I loved it there I dealt with a lot of cut throat people. Especially on the docks. Out right lies. But overall I loved the pay and benefits and the drivers there. Mind you I have never been terminated in my 16 years working. They did me dirty. But I broke the rules and I own it.

The company I’m with now I’m not going to jump. Because it looks bad. I have a track record of being with company’s for two or three years. But things happened so I’ve jumped one job and was fired from another. The lay off was out of my control.

This is why FedEx as a whole while good I’m not looking to stay in here any longer than I have to. Despite my contractor being extremely good. But I owe the company at least two or three years. The guy who hired me saw how they did my last contractor so dirty. He knew my work ethic.

Just like Rick does at Cli transport. But like I told Rick I’ll wait as I don’t want to make my history of living look any worser. So around 2025-2026 I’ll apply. I have no kids so I can work any day and I don’t care what days I’m off. Just give me them four day work weeks.
6-5 hours? Why are you going backwards.. I thought it was 5-6? Asking for a friend

Also, *fault
Be careful I don’t want you fighting with yourself, that CLI seat is waiting for you. Ribbon and all

Last edited:
6-5 hours? Why are you going backwards.. I thought it was 5-6? Asking for a friend

Also, *fault
Be careful I don’t want you fighting with yourself, that CLI seat is waiting for you. Ribbon and all
Lol it’s the same thing. I did 5-6 hours. I don’t proof read I’m in a rush doing stuff.

Thanks bro. Sorry big dog the fact you think Freight has more potential than Cli is Hilarious. I’m just calling out the obvious.

Lol it’s the same thing. I did 5-6 hours. I don’t proof read I’m in a rush doing stuff.

Thanks bro. Sorry big dog the fact you think Freight has more potential than Cli is Hilarious. I’m just calling out the obvious.
Has nothing to do about potential.. look we are all just a number no matter what. You think the Sheetz family gives a s*** about you? I’ll ride this train till the wheels fall off. My license goes with me, I don’t pay FedEx’s bills and you won’t pay Sheetz. I could care less what they do as long as my direct deposit hits on Fridays

We continue to get raises(wish they were better), we are top 5 in mileage pay, we get drop & hooks, we get delay, we are M-F, our 401k is one of the highest in the LTL industry, we get our bonuses. There is no perfect place out there

Last edited:
Has nothing to do about potential.. look we are all just a number no matter what. You think the Sheetz family gives a s*** about you? I’ll ride this train till the wheels fall off. My license goes with me, I don’t pay FedEx’s bills and you won’t pay Sheetz. I could care less what they do as long as my direct deposit hits on Fridays
I’m the same way bro. I could care less. You guys making more doesn’t affect me. Just like Cli making more doesn’t affect you guys.

Mind you I repeat I’ve never once stated I make more than Freight. I have never said you guys job is worse than mine. However, dock work is trash. It’s insane at Freight you guys are required to do it considering they don’t make ground drivers do it. All I said. And while I got it easier making a good salary to boot. Despite working longer hours. Which is debatable. I work less hours than a lot of Freight drivers.

I’m the same way bro. I could care less. You guys making more doesn’t affect me. Just like Cli making more doesn’t affect you guys.

Mind you I repeat I’ve never once stated I make more than Freight. I have never said you guys job is worse than mine. However, dock work is trash. It’s insane at Freight you guys are required to do it considering they don’t make ground drivers do it. All I said. And while I got it easier making a good salary to boot. Despite working longer hours. Which is debatable. I work less hours than a lot of Freight drivers.
Working the dock for a LTL driver is equivalent to you having to load up a tanker full of fuel.. it’s your job.. I don’t work the dock but I’m not going to sit here and say I never did.. it’s all forklift work and Ground is totally different it’s all loose boxes.. you act like we are working the dock for free? You also act like we are the only LTL that works the dock.. there’s quite a few others.

Averitt, XPO, AAA cooper, Central. It’s part of the LTL industry and has been forever

Working the dock for a LTL driver is equivalent to you having to load up a tanker full of fuel.. it’s your job.. I don’t work the dock but I’m not going to sit here and say I never did.. it’s all forklift work and Ground is totally different it’s all loose boxes.. you act like we are working the dock for free? You also act like we are the only LTL that works the dock.. there’s quite a few others.

Averitt, XPO, AAA cooper, Central. It’s part of the LTL industry and has been forever
Lol I’ve spoken and watched Cli drivers unload at sheetz. Bro please don’t try to compare unloading a tanker to Dock work 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That Cli driver was talking to me and doing jack ::shit::. Easiest job I’ve ever seen. Bro they are better point, blank, period.

Notice A. Duie does dock work. They are LTL so I know. Dock work any where is trash. Drivers shouldn’t be required to do it. Period.

Lol I’ve spoken and watched Cli drivers unload at sheetz. Bro please don’t try to compare unloading a tanker to Dock work 🤣🤣🤣🤣

That Cli driver was talking to me and doing jack ::::shit::::. Easiest job I’ve ever seen. Bro they are better point, blank, period.

Notice A. Duie does dock work. They are LTL so I know. Dock work any where is trash. Drivers shouldn’t be required to do it. Period.
Yeah and that Sheetz driver also isn’t allowed to speak on the Bluetooth, has inward facing cameras.. bro I don’t speak much, but I know a lot.. I’m not comparing but stop **** riding any company. You are here today, and out the door tomorrow take that from a vet in this game

Yeah and that Sheetz driver also isn’t allowed to speak on the Bluetooth, has inward facing cameras.. bro I don’t speak much, but I know a lot.. I’m not comparing but stop **** riding any company. You are here today, and out the door tomorrow take that from a vet in this game
First off, you shouldn’t be on bluetooth. You should be focused on the road ahead. Second, who cares about camera’s if you are doing your job correctly. Tells me a lot you don’t like camera’s. I’m not riding anyone. I called out you guys said Cli drivers make less. That’s a lie.

I am responding to the lies and blatant responses as if I’m trying to put Freight drivers down. I’m not.

But if you gone talk smack I’m gone bring the heat!

First off, you shouldn’t be on bluetooth. You should be focused on the road ahead. Second, who cares about camera’s if you are doing your job correctly. Tells me a lot you don’t like camera’s. I’m not riding anyone. I called out you guys said Cli drivers make less. That’s a lie.

I am responding to the lies and blatant responses as if I’m trying to put Freight drivers down. I’m not.

But if you gone talk smack I’m gone bring the heat!
I’m saving my breath. I’m out

I’m saving my breath. I’m out
At the end of the day Freight is superior in pay and benefits so no argument from me when compared to ground.

If you all are making $100K+ I was wrong. It means every driver who is hired first and second year can expect $100K. And the Average driver their makes $100K. Easily. And top guys make more.

It is what it is.

Everyone has a opinion.... Young or older...
200.gif

At the end of the day Freight is superior in pay and benefits so no argument from me when compared to ground.

If you all are making $100K+ I was wrong. It means every driver who is hired first and second year can expect $100K. And the Average driver their makes $100K. Easily. And top guys make more.

It is what it is.
When I interviewed I knew within 5k what I'd be making based on average... I blew it out of the water... with progession I knew where I was at and knew by calculations what I'd be making on available runs by top out.. all were over 100k potential out of my barn...
Purple promises are not perfect but I do alright for myself... and not to often I'm told no if I want to work dock to maximize my earnings. I've worked the ground runs and talked to the drivers... I never had anyone brag it up like this. Good luck 👍

When I interviewed I knew within 5k what I'd be making based on average... I blew it out of the water... with progession I knew where I was at and knew by calculations what I'd be making on available runs by top out.. all were over 100k potential out of my barn...
Purple promises are not perfect but I do alright for myself... and not to often I'm told no if I want to work dock to maximize my earnings. I've worked the ground runs and talked to the drivers... I never had anyone brag it up like this. Good luck 👍
Well I’m not bragging. This is bragging.

I have no debt. A paid off house. And make $85+ a year. I like how you said potential.

It’s even you make $100K or you can’t.

I have the potential to make $100K as well. But I don’t because of miles. But sure you can make $100K whenever you want within five days.

Is someone butt sore for not getting hired at freight?? What's the argument at this point... freight, ground, cli...
There really needs to be a limit on # of emojis on 1 reply..

Nuff said I knew you all were lying. I don’t know this guy but he explains why Freight blows. Dock work. Also, I’ve never applied with Freight because research shows you guys not for me.

Dock work, Seniority, and favoritism. I have another but he did not make $100K! And this was a year ago. Hold on I’ll post more actual driver videos the lies you guys tell. All drivers on road can make $100K? How if you don’t have the bid. You need the right bid.

Edit: Read the comments 🤣🤣🤣🤣

They made my man into a full time dock worker lmao! And on comments he explained he’s clearing barely $1K gross. He left Freight lol. I thought $100K was easy

8 hours on dock is insane!!!

Last edited:

Nuff said I knew you all were lying. I don’t know this guy but he explains why Freight blows. Dock work. Also, I’ve never applied with Freight because research shows you guys not for me.

Dock work, Seniority, and favoritism. I have another but he did not make $100K! And this was a year ago. Hold on I’ll post more actual driver videos the lies you guys tell. All drivers on road can make $100K? How if you don’t have the bid. You need the right bid.

I used to watch his videos. He was extra picky on what he took, then he'd complain he didn't make anything. He wanted to run during the day, but didn't have the seniority to do so. People don't get paid for staying home.

I used to watch his videos. He was extra picky on what he took, then he'd complain he didn't make anything. He wanted to run during the day, but didn't have the seniority to do so. People don't get paid for staying home.
He’s not picky he assumed he wouldn’t be a glorified dock worker. Any body would. They give you an option to work 8 hours on the dock when no run? I would not work wither. That’s why Freight a no go for me.