FedEx Freight | Mandatory dock work for Road drivers

He’s not picky he assumed he wouldn’t be a glorified dock worker. Any body would. They give you an option to work 8 hours on the dock when no run? I would not work wither. That’s why Freight a no go for me.
Good. We don’t need any lazy crybabies. You are an example of the entitlement mentality that is so prevalent today crying about seniority, but not wanting to put in the time and work to get there.

Good. We don’t need any lazy crybabies. You are an example of the entitlement mentality that is so prevalent today crying about seniority, but not wanting to put in the time and work to get there.
It’s taken what 50 posts for you to realize I’m not a fan of dock work 🤣🤣🤣

Why would I touch Freight. 8 hours on the dock is insane trust me I’m never coming to Freight.

Well I’m not bragging. This is bragging.

I have no debt. A paid off house. And make $85+ a year. I like how you said potential.

It’s even you make $100K or you can’t.

I have the potential to make $100K as well. But I don’t because of miles. But sure you can make $100K whenever you want within five days.
Really? All that and you pick out "potential " ? That was used as nothing is guaranteed...it's not a salary position... you know have to show 5 days a week... be available to work your full day...not have some unexpected health issues... not having a major down turn in economy or pandemic. Anyone that based the Average situation at freight off the last 2 or 3 years? Nearly impossible... nobody expected that... but I was thankful for the ground runs, railwork, and dock to get my hours. Not every outfit is going to do that.
Not sure why I'm wasting my time
Good luck to driver. I'm out.

And Cli is at $40 an hour. Soon they will pass $45 an hour and pass you all in cost of living. And that’s with four days a week🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh, and did I mentiion my house paid off at 33 years old with a net worth of $400K+

But Freight is better but are we really comparing to a contractor job 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Kudos to you on having the savy and wisdom at 33 yrs of age to having such a impressive financial portfolio. You are way ahead of your peers statistically speaking. What I don't understand is with all of your obvious acumen and penchant for crunching numbers your lifes goal as stated here is to drive a truck delivering fuel. Clearly you are underachieving. Take it from someone with a few grey whiskers...Stop applying for driving jobs and go straight into upper management ! No dock work and much better benefits to boot.

Kudos to you on having the savy and wisdom at 33 yrs of age to having such a impressive financial portfolio. You are way ahead of your peers statistically speaking. What I don't understand is with all of your obvious acumen and penchant for crunching numbers your lifes goal as stated here is to drive a truck delivering fuel. Clearly you are underachieving. Take it from someone with a few grey whiskers...Stop applying for driving jobs and go straight into upper management ! No dock work and much better benefits to boot.
I’ll take your advice. If I ever see a chance. Thanks

OK....so let's get this straight....you don't like dock work, and you don't have to do it....you don't like seniority and apparently your job doesn't honor it... you readily admit that your insurance and pay are lower than freight... i think the responses from S69 disproved your low "average" you say freight makes...then you say you have no desire to go to freight....since all this is talking in circles on your part, it means you are trolling and I would urge you to knock it off...

OK....so let's get this straight....you don't like dock work, and you don't have to do it....you don't like seniority and apparently your job doesn't honor it... you readily admit that your insurance and pay are lower than freight... i think the responses from S69 disproved your low "average" you say freight makes...then you say you have no desire to go to freight....since all this is talking in circles on your part, it means you are trolling and I would urge you to knock it off...
I have no problem doing that

We have road drivers that are willing to take a cc to help out the lower drivers, but this new practice makes that impossible to do, because if you choose not to run to help someone else you must come in and work the dock.
I thought it wad in lolicy that dock work can be offered but ultimately up to the driver unless their bid requires it although it’s being used as a deterfor unemployment so they can use that as their reason for denying unemployment if someone is offered productive work.. despite it not being a road run

I thought it wad in lolicy that dock work can be offered but ultimately up to the driver unless their bid requires it although it’s being used as a deterfor unemployment so they can use that as their reason for denying unemployment if someone is offered productive work.. despite it not being a road run

That's how it is in my building. I'm pretty sure it was done for that reason.

And …….. YOU WONT!!!! Not with that attitude
He gave solid advice. The idea is to level up. Honestly with no mortgage I’ve been thinking of what’s next for me. I’m saving my entire salary with no kids. My girl finishes this year with her two degree’s. Maybe I’ll go buy a new truck cash or a Duplex cash.

I would rather stay a company guy so the duplex makes more sense. Once my girl joins me with her salary my level up like guy said is not impossible. Paying my house off was the first step.

But I love trucking it’s made almost a millionaire by 40 years old lol.

He gave solid advice. The idea is to level up. Honestly with no mortgage I’ve been thinking of what’s next for me. I’m saving my entire salary with no kids. My girl finishes this year with her two degree’s. Maybe I’ll go buy a new truck cash or a Duplex cash.

I would rather stay a company guy so the duplex makes more sense. Once my girl joins me with her salary my level up like guy said is not impossible. Paying my house off was the first step.

But I love trucking it’s made almost a millionaire by 40 years old lol.
I hope you and your girl stay together, but with two degrees her career may take her elsewhere.

I hope you and your girl stay together, but with two degrees her career may take her elsewhere.
Half of you in here should be richer than me. I’m only 33 years old. So all of you should know by now when you make good money and have a paid off house your lady not going anywhere if you treating her good lol.

Mines lives rent free, I pay for everything. If she leaves because now she makes triple what I make this June that sucks and I would try to fix it. Luckily we have no issues. But I’m on my purpose and there’s bigger things I still need to figure out.

But I’m at the point I would just continue to stack my salary every year with no bills. I’m paying $12K a year in expenses off a $85K salary.

She would be crazy to leave considering I have enough net worth to pull out and pay off a duplex or a Semi truck cash. No kids and no debt has helped me greatly. It sure would be easier with her $200K Salary. But I never include her salary because she’s finishing school this June. Will see.

You guys making $110-$120K a year on the right bids I’m telling you if I was bringing home an extra $15K-$17K for the next four or six years I’ll have two duplexes paid off cash and an extra duplex I owe on by 2030. Alongside my trucking salary. I’ll never understand how young men and lady’s don’t get extremely wealthy early on with a trucking job.

Not to mention I put 17% into retirement every year. So I’m saving $38K every year out my salary now. I would assume a single guy at Frieght is rich rich if he got the right bid and no mortgage 🤣🤣🤣