XPO | Mandatory Saturday work for all employees NCH

Local and even regional mangers do not have access to you logs. They can not make any changes to it at all. Other then you I think no one else can make changes. This was part of the change when the system was upgrade to meet the Fed requirements. Also once you certify your log NO changes can be made by you or anyone. If you screw up and don't have hour to run you go home. Seen it more then once. I do not certify my logs when I log out I wait till the next day just in case I make an error
They can and have made changes to drivers hours. If you look , my previous post was focused on new drivers. It happens to experienced drivers too.

Do you want to go home or wait for someone to come pick you up when you run out of time a half hour from the terminal at 8pm at night at a dark terminal. How long do you think you'll wait for a ride back versus just driving back and having management "fix" your hours.

It happens. Drivers running out of hours during busy times happens. Do you think a driver that wants more money and/or a manager or supervisor that DOESN'T care or want to get out of bed will do the right thing or the easy thing? City drivers working over 14 will get their start time pushed back to have their 10 off. So what do you think happens?

We are short on drivers and in some cases people do what they want to do instead of what they should do.

Local and even regional mangers do not have access to you logs. They can not make any changes to it at all. Other then you I think no one else can make changes. This was part of the change when the system was upgrade to meet the Fed requirements. Also once you certify your log NO changes can be made by you or anyone. If you screw up and don't have hour to run you go home. Seen it more then once. I do not certify my logs when I log out I wait till the next day just in case I make an error
By the way your logs can be edited as long as it's not drive time before you certify them. It happens.

Forced weekend work will only motivate people to frak off even more through the week and do even less. If we are bringing back so much work that we have to come in on Saturday. Then we will just slow down and stop creating that much work.
You don't have to be dragging your feet to slow down either. Normal hard working people usually lose a step or two when they run balls-to-the-wall hours and miles.

After a certain point , you think you are moving at your regular speed but you ain't. At that point , it's time for some rest.

You don't have to be dragging your feet to slow down either. Normal hard working people usually lose a step or two when they run balls-to-the-wall hours and miles.

After a certain point , you think you are moving at your regular speed but you ain't. At that point , it's time for some rest.

That’s a good point. And once people realize what is expected to be the new normal. That’s what triggers large groups leaving.

Anyone approved to manage logs can make changes to your log. It is not until you approve these changes that it really happens

NCH is dumpster fire right now freight falling off the dock literally !! damn mess !
That sucks . We vacillate from moving 60 % of our freight inbound a day to 80 % . We’er 12 driver down and no prospects in the pipeline.
Any given day we are down 6-7 tractors red tagged and very minimal response to get them fixed. Our PM maintenance is almost non exsistent . Cant get the the equipment shops because of poor management.
Right now the company can get away on blaming it on COVID but what happens when that excuse is gone ?

Last edited:
They can and have made changes to drivers hours. If you look , my previous post was focused on new drivers. It happens to experienced drivers too.

Do you want to go home or wait for someone to come pick you up when you run out of time a half hour from the terminal at 8pm at night at a dark terminal. How long do you think you'll wait for a ride back versus just driving back and having management "fix" your hours.

It happens. Drivers running out of hours during busy times happens. Do you think a driver that wants more money and/or a manager or supervisor that DOESN'T care or want to get out of bed will do the right thing or the easy thing? City drivers working over 14 will get their start time pushed back to have their 10 off. So what do you think happens?

We are short on drivers and in some cases people do what they want to do instead of what they should do.
Here is the hard truth. You go ahead drive off the book and have then fix you logs. The more you are willing to break the laws they more they will expect you to do it. You may even get away with alot. Just don't get in an accident were someone get seriously hurt or dies. With everything having a time stamp on it there is a long trail of data from many sources like you HH, time clock, ELD truck data, your log, and even your cellphone, the police love taking them after any major truck crash. Oh and don't forget about that dash cam lots of info in there to. The ELD in the truck records every time that truck starts, shuts off and marks GPS location every so often. That info can NOT be changed even though you changed you logs.
The point I getting at is if you are in an accident were someone is seriously hurt or dies they pull all of this data. In fact these lawyers have been know to subpoena all this data. I even heard of them getting the drivers tax records. This is why these law firm hire retired truck drivers and DOT officers.
So now ask yourself is this company worth going to jail for? losing everything you worked for? just because you had them fix you logs so your start time did have to be adj. or because you ran out of time on the road. That log book is mine and mine only I am the only one that will make any changes to it because at the end of the day I am the only one that has to explain it in court not you boss.

You on the clock right???? If you on OT that like what $45 an hour to sit there and sleep

By the way your logs can be edited as long as it's not drive time before you certify them. It happens.
Per what my FOS told me he is not allowed to make any changes to logs at all....If any changes need to be made you the driver must make them on the ELD in the truck. Did you also know that if someone make a change other than you the ELD will prompt you to approve it

Here is the hard truth. You go ahead drive off the book and have then fix you logs. The more you are willing to break the laws they more they will expect you to do it. You may even get away with alot. Just don't get in an accident were someone get seriously hurt or dies. With everything having a time stamp on it there is a long trail of data from many sources like you HH, time clock, ELD truck data, your log, and even your cellphone, the police love taking them after any major truck crash. Oh and don't forget about that dash cam lots of info in there to. The ELD in the truck records every time that truck starts, shuts off and marks GPS location every so often. That info can NOT be changed even though you changed you logs.
The point I getting at is if you are in an accident were someone is seriously hurt or dies they pull all of this data. In fact these lawyers have been know to subpoena all this data. I even heard of them getting the drivers tax records. This is why these law firm hire retired truck drivers and DOT officers.
So now ask yourself is this company worth going to jail for? losing everything you worked for? just because you had them fix you logs so your start time did have to be adj. or because you ran out of time on the road. That log book is mine and mine only I am the only one that will make any changes to it because at the end of the day I am the only one that has to explain it in court not you boss.
You made my point: In the rush and pressure to meet numbers and move freight new drivers don't understand the risks involved with helping management fudge their logs. What they see is a bigger check and they feel the praise from happy management for being a "team" player.

For those of you who've been doing this awhile , stick your nose in and let a new driver know. It's your license and it's your call. Let them know to protect themselves ( and their livelihood )

Nobody is arguing that you won't get caught or that there's something wrong with ELDs. That's a paper tiger. The problem is in the training and what new people are taught - just enough to get in trouble , and in some cases they're not taught enough to stay out of it.

Rumor we heard is that they were sent to California. But the whole idea was a rumor to begin with. It’s one of those that I hope isn’t true anyway.
There may be more to the “rumor” than you think. It’s not just for power units anymore.

Last edited: