XPO | Mandatory Saturday work for all employees NCH

There may be more to the “rumor” than you think. It’s not just for power units anymore.
Unless I missed somethiong it only says these item must be meat to Sell trailers in CA I did seel anything about bring trailer you bought in so other state being brought in
"Beginning January 1, 2020, trailer manufacturers must certify to California standards and receive an Executive Order from CARB to legally sell trailers in California"

There may be more to the “rumor” than you think. It’s not just for power units anymore.
Can we please just push them into the ocean

Here is the hard truth. You go ahead drive off the book and have then fix you logs. The more you are willing to break the laws they more they will expect you to do it. You may even get away with alot. Just don't get in an accident were someone get seriously hurt or dies. With everything having a time stamp on it there is a long trail of data from many sources like you HH, time clock, ELD truck data, your log, and even your cellphone, the police love taking them after any major truck crash. Oh and don't forget about that dash cam lots of info in there to. The ELD in the truck records every time that truck starts, shuts off and marks GPS location every so often. That info can NOT be changed even though you changed you logs.
The point I getting at is if you are in an accident were someone is seriously hurt or dies they pull all of this data. In fact these lawyers have been know to subpoena all this data. I even heard of them getting the drivers tax records. This is why these law firm hire retired truck drivers and DOT officers.
So now ask yourself is this company worth going to jail for? losing everything you worked for? just because you had them fix you logs so your start time did have to be adj. or because you ran out of time on the road. That log book is mine and mine only I am the only one that will make any changes to it because at the end of the day I am the only one that has to explain it in court not you boss.
Yep. We were pushing over 70 a month ago, the lh guys got together and met with the tm. Said no more. Exhausted, and only a matter of time before a wreck happens.

Here is the hard truth. You go ahead drive off the book and have then fix you logs. The more you are willing to break the laws they more they will expect you to do it. You may even get away with alot. Just don't get in an accident were someone get seriously hurt or dies. With everything having a time stamp on it there is a long trail of data from many sources like you HH, time clock, ELD truck data, your log, and even your cellphone, the police love taking them after any major truck crash. Oh and don't forget about that dash cam lots of info in there to. The ELD in the truck records every time that truck starts, shuts off and marks GPS location every so often. That info can NOT be changed even though you changed you logs.
The point I getting at is if you are in an accident were someone is seriously hurt or dies they pull all of this data. In fact these lawyers have been know to subpoena all this data. I even heard of them getting the drivers tax records. This is why these law firm hire retired truck drivers and DOT officers.
So now ask yourself is this company worth going to jail for? losing everything you worked for? just because you had them fix you logs so your start time did have to be adj. or because you ran out of time on the road. That log book is mine and mine only I am the only one that will make any changes to it because at the end of the day I am the only one that has to explain it in court not you boss.
Just asking Fly. You make valid points, but the part about law firms hiring retired drivers, and DOT officers? Why would law firms hire them?

Just asking Fly. You make valid points, but the part about law firms hiring retired drivers, and DOT officers? Why would law firms hire them?
Well some law firm that handle alot of accident case hire them to review the accident data, paperwork and police reports. There are accident reconstruction company out there too. Law firm call them there experts. Who better to review the police report, inspect the tractor trailer and look for error in the paperwork then the ones that have done it for years.

Our PM maintenance is almost non exsistent . Cant get the the equipment shops because of poor management.
Really..... The guys at my place don't have any problem getting trucks fixed when they go to the shop. I think your shop is at XMI correct? Your problem might be that when your driver take a truck to the shop they just drop it off without writing anything up. More like it's not there truck so who cares. We have a few of those guy at my place. I myself took 3 truck up last week 2 for know problems and one of service. I wrote other thing I found and turned it into the shop. 2 of the truck I got back the same night with all the repairs made and the 3 was waiting on parts for the A/C system. If you are having a problem locally then look locally there is a simiple form the FOS has to fill out and send to the shop. Then they will take it from there. Undrivable truck may taker a day or 2 to get looked at but in general a respone is recived from the shop with a day.

Really..... The guys at my place don't have any problem getting trucks fixed when they go to the shop. I think your shop is at XMI correct? Your problem might be that when your driver take a truck to the shop they just drop it off without writing anything up. More like it's not there truck so who cares. We have a few of those guy at my place. I myself took 3 truck up last week 2 for know problems and one of service. I wrote other thing I found and turned it into the shop. 2 of the truck I got back the same night with all the repairs made and the 3 was waiting on parts for the A/C system. If you are having a problem locally then look locally there is a simiple form the FOS has to fill out and send to the shop. Then they will take it from there. Undrivable truck may taker a day or 2 to get looked at but in general a respone is recived from the shop with a day.
Appreciate the advise but our problem is local management. They let equipment sit for days/weeks before starting any part of the process of getting equipment fixed . I’m not even sure if they know the process