Massive rail strike next week could deal another blow to America's economy

Probably not but if she / they can drive them down it's time to buy . I like to watch The Union Pacific Corporation is a publicly traded railroad holding company , like everything else today it took a beating but The range between the high and low prices over the past 52 weeks $195.68 - $278.94 , it finished at $226 down almost $8 a share today 9/13 . I'm not telling anyone to buy anything it's just what I watch .

Last edited:

Looks like government will just allow the company to have it's way as long as they want.

The union will have to just continue working even though they want to strike over the 7 day on call work rule

These companies are BS.

How does it work at Yellow?
ABF?
TransForce?
UPS?

Id think the union leaders should have us all unite unless they think it's fine for company and nation to impose their desires on us.

7days on-call would be fine for a few years at $1 million/year.
Otherwise it's just a stupid way for a nation, industry or company to treat American citizens.
Not worth the money.
....." But we can't afford it otherwise!!!!!"

Bullshit!

Charge for it.

Nobody cares how much they charge me for anything.

"Republican senators introduced a resolution to impose a new contract if negotiations between railroads and unions collapse, while Democrats say they would pass legislation to block a rail shutdown if necessary. "

Is the union proposing "no paid sick time"?
Or is it a misprint?
I'd think it is a misprint.

"Our proposal of no paid sick time costs them no money. It's something they can manage. It doesn't harm their business model," said Pierce, who is the president of the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen, or BLET. "The railroads need to start treating employees like humans, instead of imposing these policies that are just running people out of the industry."

My understanding is the rails also want wider locomotives, for double wide engines, and longer cars to accommodate the coming of 60’ trailers, and containers, especially for the Northeast to west coast territory.
I'm working on the deal for the crew.
We're gonna figure pay multiplied by how many 45x96 loads fit in each car and multiply it by car.
It's gonna be awesome.