Yellow | Medicare?

Thanks for the insight. Hope your doing well.
Actually a little bit of Rocky Top music tonight. A little celebration.

What I have left is not going to be a problem for a while. Yet. I have early clinical signs of either blood vessals failing or cancer of several possible ones from the kidneys on down. I will allow those signs to be to the point that they become a real problem before seeing a doc about that.

If there is anything I fear in medical its TB. Where I come from TB is or was such a killer. I have been tested so much for that I should lose my arm to TB lolz. I recall the last time I tested for it and the doc told me no trucking 4 days. I need to see you 5th day. And boss was not happy I was gone. I was not either, he had a wonderful sweetheart Auto car in his yard for me. When I finally showed up neg for TB he roared at me WTF? I showed him the test scar, docs note and said TB.

I was thrown out. This time for another week. HEE...

I hope the Cochlear implant works out well for you.
I hope so too.

They are going to interface that computer straight to whatever is left of the auditory nerves behind the ear system. Its going to be a process to get healed up, then turn on the computer and then work on the sounds as you relearn everything on that installation soundwise.

I will say this. Has nothing to do with anyone here. Form of history with Cochlears. There was a time when Parents discovered the baby is deaf. So what do they do? Spend 100K or whatever for one or two cochlears to be installed on the baby and all be damned whatever happens. THAT created some problems in the deaf community.

The thing is this. Being deaf is not a handicap per se. But the baby or child wasnt ever asked if he or she liked being deaf and have been given a freedom to consider the cochlear and choose of free will to take it installed or not. Handicaps are difficult when you have something and then lose it for one reason or another. However in the end alls well in the fullness of time.

When you never had anything like being deaf from birth with hearing aids maybe (For trucking etc) then its not a problem. I suppose given another 30 or so years I can give the nurses a hard time enjoying the peace and quiet from their incessant verbal demands to do this do that do something else chop chop etc.

I suppose there will be a time a cochlear might do something, however I have lost too much. And the hearing aids are pretty maxed out in form of power availible for now. Whats coming with the next generation will be pretty strong indeed. I might not have anything useable left at that point. The chart marches on towards the 120Db or better profound line over time.

The interesting bit on the chart? The 500 hertz, 1000 and 2000. I can still hear that within 40db as required by DOT rules. So its a hoot to take off the aids and match it with the hearing I have naturally that far down. The lower you go the better it gets. Some of those sound proof rooms had the old analog audio speakers able to get down to right about 8 hertz. anything below that it quits working and tries the shake the room earthquake style. The digitals today just wont do it.

I have been retired for 1 year retired at 64 turning 65 in December still no info from Humana for the supplement called them and they said will be in contact with me . I am running out of time to get the supplement .Do they mail you information ??????
Thanks

I have been retired for 1 year retired at 64 turning 65 in December still no info from Humana for the supplement called them and they said will be in contact with me . I am running out of time to get the supplement .Do they mail you information ??????
Thanks
If you want to keep your primary doctor, check with him.
All doctors don't accept the same plans.
There are so many plans out there it gets confusing.

Thanks
18007339064 is the teamcare number I called. They'll send you info or as I did take it by email. Griz

For some of us retirees it’s time to give up the great insurance we’re so accustomed to having for the last 30-40 years. For a month I’ve studied and talked to agents trying to sell me on the advantage plan that is offered to retirees sponsored by Teamcare through Humana. Sounds great till you start digging into bottom line cost that could occur. I’m leaning toward Medigap G. Can a brother get some advice on this life altering decision? Thanks Griz
I can tell you this much Griz What you choose really depends on how much you use your ins personally I have the plan G supplement do not use my ins much it is affordable As for my wife I have plan c She has spent 9 weeks in the hospital and rehabiliton because of numerous surgeries and has home health care services I have only paid the premiums The only co pays are on medicines The difference between plans c and g are basically the co-pays c has none g has some not many With the advantage plans you can have up to $8000 per year out of pocket The dental optical and dental are credits not ins negoatied rate you pay and file to get back a portion of your money I decided on the supplements so my costs are fixed

Thanks, Mud, with just one ear I have no idea where a sound originates.
The doctor says it will take a few months to tweek this thing.
Wife calls this problem (selective hearing)
Actually thats why we have two ears. The brain automatically determines the direction internally without our thinking. We might rotate or tilt our heads to aim towards the sound of a cookie jar being raided at 2 am downstairs or something but its all included in our body as humans.

Take away one ear? That takes away the localization. However the hope is when the cochlear is up and working you will have something to work with to localize.

New Hearing aids do possess localization technology now so I kind of leave it alone. I can find the direction well enough.

My Pa lost a ear over night due to a virus His body fought the invader at the ear and won. The price was the interal ear mech was laid waste and destroyed. So he woke up deaf in one ear and thats pernament. The problems begin from there because he was such a audio phile with his classical music and other audio enjoyments. That got damaged a little bit.

Regarding selective hearing thats a absolute. My family used to tease me at the tavern, they would talk and its all meaningless to me. Until one of them mentions my name and I can lock on whats said after from a thousand yards across the property. =) I hated that. Especially when they tease.

With a dispatcher ranting about A to B being two inches on the map? yadda yadda yadda. Were wasting time.

I've been on a Medicare Advantage (AARP/United Healthcare) plan for a number of years. Very pleased with it. See what plans are available in your particular area. The Medicare Advantage plans provide better benefits than standard Medicare + Supplemental/Medigap. Read through the SS/Medicare booklet sent out by the government to see and compare plans for 2022 in your area.
You suggesting that plan led wife and I to ask our agent about that plan 6 months ago! Thnx! We both got it. From my understanding it was $3900 max out of pocket this year for a monthly premium of $148.50 withheld from SS. Agent says going up $10 for next year. Saves me $500 @ month at my employer…. Kept our regular doctor. Covered all my wife’s prescriptions and covered her knee rehab. We’re thrilled! Thnx Trip!!!

The state can take care of the Premium.

Up and up and up every year a little more up.

The Copays are a problem, some months I see enough doctors and all want copay collectively in excess of my entire check. HA. Several get some, rest get billed. Then I catch up in the months I dont see anyone.

I have been considering very carefully eliminating copays. But I'll give it one more year to see how it shakes out. I dont expect too many more now that things have reached a point that doctors dont need to be seen most of the time.

So in copays its been a expensive year.